It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus commanded his apostles to go only to the LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL Where did they go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Jesus in action retrieving lost sheep..

The Woman @ The Well: How the Historical Jesus Performed a "Miracle" + Reflections.

In this case, it was a village of Samaritans.

edit on 24-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Jesus in action retrieving lost sheep..

The Woman @ The Well: How the Historical Jesus Performed a "Miracle" + Reflections.

In this case, it was a village of Samaritans.

edit on 24-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

Samaritans were not Israelites, but were one of those wild vines grafted in.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Lonewolf, I'm with you on the war and killing - it is a great sadness. Very soon, we shall study war no more.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Yes, but that story, and the Parable of the Good Samaritan show that while Jesus was interested in bringing back into the fold the "lost sheep of Isreal" he was also at the same time involved in gathering any and all to the same table as part of his great plan for reconciliation and atonement, which is probably why most of the Jews have rejected him as the messiah (although how they can't see it is a mystery in and of itself) because his teaching involved the dissolution of Jewish nationalist particularism.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yes, God meant to save the world through the priesthood of the Israelites, but they failed due to their sins, and thinking salvation was only for them. Given the failure, God took another tack.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Yes, God meant to save the world through the priesthood of the Israelites, but they failed due to their sins, and thinking salvation was only for them. Given the failure, God took another tack.

That's inaccurate. The Jews were well aware from prophecies in the Tenakh that the Messiah would bring redemption to the Gentiles when He arrived.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

That's inaccurate. The Jews were well aware from prophecies in the Tenakh that the Messiah would bring redemption to the Gentiles when He arrived.

They still know that, but they are not taking count of the hundreds of millions of people Jesus drew to himself, a jew. No other jew in history has ever drawn foreigners from foreign lands to himself by the hundreds of millions and all for him and that has Messiah written all over it like a big fashing red neon sign. He's doing a mighty work right in front of their eyes and they still do not see it. All the foreigners being brought into the house of Israel just as prophecy said would occur, where Israel would be a home to many nations and so Israel is, because we are not christians, in reality we are jews in Jesus, we stop being gentiles when we accept Jesus and Ephraim is finding it's way back through him. So many prophecies are being fulfilled these last few years it is mind blowing.
edit on 28-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I'm not so sure about that. Whatever the Tenakh [sp?] says, the Talmud, the heartblood of the Jewish religion, states that the gentiles [that is to say, the nations] would be the Jews' slaves after the arrival of the Messiah.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I'm not so sure about that. Whatever the Tenakh [sp?] says, the Talmud, the heartblood of the Jewish religion, states that the gentiles [that is to say, the nations] would be the Jews' slaves after the arrival of the Messiah.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I've heard this vey thing from orthodox jews. One even told me i'd begging to hold onto the hem of his pants when Messiah comes. His arrogance was MagnumOpus X 1000.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The Talmuds are not scripture. They are only rabbinical interpretations of scripture. Like how we have commentaries for the Bible in Christianity.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Helper39

The Bible actually answers this question for you, See the prophesies of Genesis 48 and 49. In those prophesies Jacob/Israel prophesied the future of his son's families. He said that they would become nations. And that Joseph's son Ephraim would become a multitude of nations.

He sent those disciples to the gentile countries of the world because after some time had passed they were to become those Israelite nations predicted in the prophesies of Genesis.

Also this is important for the Matthew 24 prophecy. The end of the world doesn't start until the gospel of the kingdom to come had gotten to all the nations/tribes/ethnic groups of the world.

Also as a sidebar. Note the parable of the olive tree in Romans 11. Per the parable a Christian is a wild olive branch grafted into the tree of life. But the question is "What is the tree of life?" The family tree of Jacob/Israel.

Essentially a Christian is an adopted Israelite.

edit on 29-7-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The Talmuds are not scripture. They are only rabbinical interpretations of scripture. Like how we have commentaries for the Bible in Christianity.

That is a half-truth. The full truth is that the Babylonian Talmud is the book the rabbis study after they study that minor work, the Torah. The Torah is kept rolled up in the synagogue, but the Talmud is the go-to book. The Talmud insults God, His Law, and His Son, Jesus Christ. Knowing that, and the name of the book, guess what Mystery Babylon is?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Also as a sidebar. Note the parable of the olive tree in Romans 11. Per the parable a Christian is a wild olive branch grafted into the tree of life. But the question is "What is the tree of life?" The family tree of Jacob/Israel.

Essentially a Christian is an adopted Israelite.

Indeed we are. Technically we're not christians we're jews. Jesus didn't come to make a new religion. When you accept him and are covered in his blood you're adopted into the House of Israel. In the ancient jewish rites of adoption an orphan or child without a father can be adopted into a familly and become a member of that adopted father's family tree through the grandfather. It was this very practice that put Jesus into the line of David per Joseph's father Jacob and circumventing the curse on Jeconiah, so even if the curse on Jeconiah hadn't been lifted by Jeconiah's grandson, it wouldn't disqualify Jesus as an heir of David's throne because he was not a blood relative of Joseph's father and then there was Mary who was herself a decendant of David.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

That is a half-truth. The full truth is that the Babylonian Talmud is the book the rabbis study after they study that minor work, the Torah. The Torah is kept rolled up in the synagogue, but the Talmud is the go-to book. The Talmud insults God, His Law, and His Son, Jesus Christ. Knowing that, and the name of the book, guess what Mystery Babylon is?

It's not a "half-truth". They are not scripture, only rabbinical commentaries on the Tenakh, not merely the Torah. And secondly, it's "Talmuds" (plural), there are volumes not one book. And last, not all Jews even accept them as authoritative. I think it was quite rude to call me a liar in essence without doing a basic Google search. The Talmuds aren't mystery Babylon either, they did not even exist when John penned The Apocalypse.

edit on 29-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I have already established what Mystery Babylon is in THIS thread. It's not the Talmuds. It goes way beyond any rabbinical book. I traced it back to it's original source with Satan lying at the core.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
NOTurTypical:

I have never come across the term "Talmuds" before, only "The Talmud." I knew it was multi-volume, and always understood "Talmud" as a collective noun. I also know of the Jerusalem Talmud. Of course not all Jews accept the Talmud's authority, for if you have two Jews, you have three opinions. They did [sort of] exist in John's time as oral tradition, but were not written down yet. To me, it would have been a mystery to John that a city could become a collection of books, and the very name is to me, a big flashing neon sign of identity.

It was not my intention to imply that you were a liar, and I do apologize for that.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I forgive you. Remember, a half-truth is still a whole lie. I do appreciate the sincere apology. Basically Judaism adopted Talmudic Judaism over Mosaic after the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. They knew they were in a pickle because the Tenakh declares that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

NOTurTypical:

I have never come across the term "Talmuds" before, only "The Talmud." I knew it was multi-volume, and always understood "Talmud" as a collective noun. I also know of the Jerusalem Talmud. Of course not all Jews accept the Talmud's authority, for if you have two Jews, you have three opinions. They did [sort of] exist in John's time as oral tradition, but were not written down yet. To me, it would have been a mystery to John that a city could become a collection of books, and the very name is to me, a big flashing neon sign of identity.

It was not my intention to imply that you were a liar, and I do apologize for that.

Talmudic books are rabbinical writings. Commentaries of orthodox and ultra-orthodox jewish rabbis. Some things written into them were put there to give jews hope after the temple was destroyed, like gentiles being their slaves when Messiah comes, or permissable theft of christian and jewish properties and overcharging if the christian or gentile is unawares they are being cheated. The Mishnah i believe is one of the Talmudic writtings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join