It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Killed By Anaheim PD in Second Officer Involved Shooting In Two

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Click here to find out more! Gunman Killed By Anaheim PD in Second Officer Involved Shooting In Two Days Read more: www.myfoxla.com...

www.myfoxla.com

Anaheim, CA -

(CNS) A gunman who opened fire on an officer at the end of a stolen-car pursuit was killed in Anaheim's second fatal officer-involved shooting in two days, authorities said today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I feel like a complete ass...

My friends brother was shot last night by the Anheim PD while handcuffed.

I am in shock.

Espically considering I came to the defense of Ahahiem pd the other day in the fourms...

I just don't know what to say, the same friend that was giving me info about the near riot on Anna and La palma lost his brother.

from the reports from WITTNESS I KNOW, he was already apprehended and cuffed, and the story is already being spun and manipulated to protect the cops...

www.myfoxla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
He was a troubled youth, and my friend was constantly trying to "Save" him from the gang life style, he was clearly committing a crime.

But i already talked to friends at the scene and they are all saying he had already been apprehended...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Cops shoot at Mums, children, release dog on woman holding child

In this link you can see my response defending the cops position.

Right now though I feel like a fool, I am in shock...

My friend and his family are all in mourning.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think we're likely to find that a national "memo" of sorts went out from the Obama administration sometime in the past year or so, giving all police forces a bit more authority to use force. We are in peacetime martial law, after all. What other reason could there be for LEO's across the country to be going bat# crazy like this?

Nothing will change until they shoot someone who honestly didn't do anything at all. That's all it will take though, the uprising against police will be massive, and scary.

The only thing the police have on their side in this story is that this man was guilty of dangerous crimes. Shooting him while handcuffed will surely be buried before any large media outlet can get on it.
edit on 23-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In the first reports the cops said the gun was in the car, now the reports are saying the gun was found next to him...

the reports I am getting from people there that saw, and what the media is saying are completely contradictory.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I saw an article somewhere today that people stormed the Police Station............Is that true that you know of?
Also, I did see the mayor come out and say at a news conference that he wants an investigation from an outside agency and that whatever they come up with the city (politicians and popo) will OWN it!

Could be a crafty smokescreen, but then again, we can always hope......

Edit! I also admire you being able to admit and even show that you may have been wrong! That is very admirable in this day and age!

edit on 23-7-2012 by seeker1963 because: edit

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I saw an article somewhere today that people stormed the Police Station............Is that true that you know of?

Its all spin control.

When you have un armed citizens storming the police station you have a big problem, damn right they better reform, Anaheim could become a war zone.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

There's been two on ATS recently.

Off duty cop shoots his son.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

cops knock on wrong door and shoot the wrong man

I don't know how old but this was a marine shot in front of his children for walking away from an officer.

page 7 first post.

ATS is filled with cops shooting innocent people. I got the first two from the front page with in this week. The others are from a search of ATS Search function. There are tons of them. It's a sad sad world.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
One less gangbanger to worry about, IMO. The Latino's get upset when police shoot a gangbanger and storm a police station. But when gangbangers are shooting each other they are like "meh, let'em kill each other." They don't care who they kill or maim while doing their gang activities. So personally i don't care if a cop takes one out, apprehended or not.

Now that doesn't mean the cop should go unpunished for doing what he did. Though he'll probably get a slap on the wrist, if that.

I have no sympathy for gangbangin' thug scum. The fewer of them, the better.

Let the flames begin, i'm well past the point of caring.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Really, you say that knowing this was an Acquaintance of the OP?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

One less gangbanger to worry about, IMO. The Latino's get upset when police shoot a gangbanger and storm a police station. But when gangbangers are shooting each other they are like "meh, let'em kill each other." They don't care who they kill or maim while doing their gang activities. So personally i don't care if a cop takes one out, apprehended or not. Now that doesn't mean the cop should go unpunished for doing what he did. Though he'll probably get a slap on the wrist, if that. I have no sympathy for gangbangin' thug scum. The fewer of them, the better. Let the flames begin, i'm well past the point of caring.

He was shot, beaten (had broken arm) all while cuffed.

The cops let him bleed out on the street, all while refusing to let his mother go to him.

The same cops also went to the mothers house and harassed her, demanding to know what she was going to do.

Anaheim is a powder keg because their violence has gotten intolerable.

And the Thugs name was Joel Acevedo .

But you go head and keep dehumanizing him so you don't have to care.

He was raised with no father, just a single mother.

Who tried to do the best for her kids in a bad area.

Sadly the younger brother went a bad way, His older brother, on the other hand was Honor Roll, sports star and is an upstanding citizen who was trying at every turn to help his little brother.

No one deserves to be beaten and shot while cuffed, period, I don't care their crime.

top topics

join