It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Day Unknown Man Photo(updated version)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
From what i know of ghosts, they can appear quite solid, so the picture is certainly plausible. Not all ghosts appear as weird blobs, orbs, light, or transparent floating figures.

I suggest doing an EVP with a digital recorder, then find a audio mastering program to use on the computer to pull apart any recordings. Do it enough to find out his name and what he wants, then stop doing it all together. Then just talk to him normally (like your talking to yourself) don't be rude... let him know he can stay if he doesn't do anything to disrupt the living in the house.

Assuming of course that he is a nice guy....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by Ben81

Where he is looking leads to the garage and the basements. The basement is very eerie for some reason, many people have mentioned it. Lol

Eerie how exactly?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

First, let me say this - a camera is a tool that measures specific things. It can detect and record light, and color. It can only show what objects are either physically reflecting light, or emitting light. It cannot detect ghosts unless they do one of those two things. Common digital cameras measure light in the range close to human vision.

If this man appeared on the image, then he would have had to be visible to the naked eye as well. There is simply no magic ghost trick that can manipulate the CCD or CMOS to fool it to 'paint' a magical image where nothing was visible to the eye. Not that the OP was implying this.

I don't doubt the OP, but I am curious what he looks like. OP, do you resemble in any way the man in the image? What were you wearing that day? Do you remember? I wondered if the reason that the man wasn't noticed was that it was you walking by, and your grandma knew you were around, so she didn't pay much attention. When the image was downloaded, she saw this person. It is very blurry and not all that recognizable, so was confusing?

If you in no way bear any resemblance to this man, then that theory is useless.

I've looked at a lot of so-called ghost pictures, and I have seen only a few where I felt there was something there that might possibly be paranormal. In none of those images was there a human looking apparition. They were either black swirling masses or moving balls of light. Not that I have seen everything, mind you, but this is an interest of mine. I taught photography for years, and enjoy the puzzle of figuring out what these things are. I am not a skeptic of all things paranormal. Thrust me.

Even with the backstory here you gave of no one else being in the house, I have to say I'm going with this being the picture of a real person. Color, solidity, and the blurred backlighting all tell a tale of it being a flesh and blood person there.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Your Dad was out of town you say.

Could your Mom have had a friend come over? Were you or anybody else present when the picture was taken? Can you post a picture of your Mom?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway

First, let me say this - a camera is a tool that measures specific things. It can detect and record light, and color. It can only show what objects are either physically reflecting light, or emitting light. It cannot detect ghosts unless they do one of those two things. Common digital cameras measure light in the range close to human vision.

If this man appeared on the image, then he would have had to be visible to the naked eye as well. There is simply no magic ghost trick that can manipulate the CCD or CMOS to fool it to 'paint' a magical image where nothing was visible to the eye. Not that the OP was implying this.

I don't doubt the OP, but I am curious what he looks like. OP, do you resemble in any way the man in the image? What were you wearing that day? Do you remember? I wondered if the reason that the man wasn't noticed was that it was you walking by, and your grandma knew you were around, so she didn't pay much attention. When the image was downloaded, she saw this person. It is very blurry and not all that recognizable, so was confusing?

If you in no way bear any resemblance to this man, then that theory is useless.

I've looked at a lot of so-called ghost pictures, and I have seen only a few where I felt there was something there that might possibly be paranormal. In none of those images was there a human looking apparition. They were either black swirling masses or moving balls of light. Not that I have seen everything, mind you, but this is an interest of mine. I taught photography for years, and enjoy the puzzle of figuring out what these things are. I am not a skeptic of all things paranormal. Thrust me.

Even with the backstory here you gave of no one else being in the house, I have to say I'm going with this being the picture of a real person. Color, solidity, and the blurred backlighting all tell a tale of it being a flesh and blood person there.

I appreciate the effort but like I said, the man has a beard and mustache, I do not mi was also wearing a long sleeve flannel that was not tucked in

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The strangest feeling hit me when I looked at the man in the picture
as being brought up Catholic and attended 9 years of Catholic school
it looks like what our priests would wear when just hanging around
and not doing anything ... interesting photo do some research on the house and area you might be
surprised!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

edit on 24-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

Well my mother isn't the type to joke about these things because she takes them very seriously. She also is a logical thinker and always tries to explain it first. She brought it to my attention after she knew for a fact that no one in the house looked like that, now or that day.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

What could be the thing sticking out behind his neck? Is that related to Catholics?
edit on 24-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm going to try and post (have to find them first) the pictures I discussed before I went to bed last night. This includes the picture directly before and after the man was seen. Also I'll upload a picture of what happened two Christmas ago with the pots and pans at 3 am. Later today I'll try to get a picture of me standing where the man is. Do I just upload it on the thread?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think we have gone as far as we can with "maybe it was someone else in the house". If OP says there was no-one else there, then we have to take them at their word if we want to contribute to the thread.

Ive got to say, there is something quite odd about the photo when you study it. I think the 'thin neck' is due to the strong light and the blurriness, but the proportions of the figure just seem wrong in relation to where he appears to be in the room. Theres just something 'off' about it. I wish I could be more specific, and I should be able to, as I am qualified to discuss digital imaging, but its more a feeling than anything else. When I first glanced at the picture, I thought 'meh- nothing to it', but the more I look.....

I personally have never seen a ghost, but I have spoken to several people who I trust who have, and one in particular claims to have seen someone so solid and realistic that he actually stepped out of the way to let them pass, only for them to vanish as they passed him. It was in broad daylight (although in a building) and he said they looked 'as real as you or me'.

Couple of other things- I live in Scotland, and his clothes do look like those of a priest (in summer), but that thing round his neck seems to stand out as 'out of place'. The other thing- it almost seems as if he is turning to look towards the camera, as though he has just become aware of something there- time slip? (might just be me, though.Lol)

Anyway, interesting post- will be following. S&F.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
I think we have gone as far as we can with "maybe it was someone else in the house". If OP says there was no-one else there, then we have to take them at their word if we want to contribute to the thread.

Ive got to say, there is something quite odd about the photo when you study it. I think the 'thin neck' is due to the strong light and the blurriness, but the proportions of the figure just seem wrong in relation to where he appears to be in the room. Theres just something 'off' about it. I wish I could be more specific, and I should be able to, as I am qualified to discuss digital imaging, but its more a feeling than anything else. When I first glanced at the picture, I thought 'meh- nothing to it', but the more I look.....

I personally have never seen a ghost, but I have spoken to several people who I trust who have, and one in particular claims to have seen someone so solid and realistic that he actually stepped out of the way to let them pass, only for them to vanish as they passed him. It was in broad daylight (although in a building) and he said they looked 'as real as you or me'.

Couple of other things- I live in Scotland, and his clothes do look like those of a priest (in summer), but that thing round his neck seems to stand out as 'out of place'. The other thing- it almost seems as if he is turning to look towards the camera, as though he has just become aware of something there- time slip? (might just be me, though.Lol)

Anyway, interesting post- will be following. S&F.

Thanks for the input. The thing around his neck sticking out is interesting, and only last week did i notice the white collar. I am working on the photos but it tells me there is an error when i upload them? Anyone have suggestions?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Strange pic OP S&F for posting. I also agree with others that the whole perspective is strange and yes, way too tall, even accounting for the focus on the child...the picture and the mirror(?) on the walls seem to be at the right height for a normal person, but this figure towers above them..and the door frame, and of course the perspective of everything else in the pic seems normal.

Am looking forward to more pics, and yes it would be a good idea to get a pic of yourself standing in the same place and same position as "the man" preferably from the same perspective that the original picture was taken i.e. the focus being on the child

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Let me get this straight..

YOUR DAD WAS ON A BUSINESS TRIP....

Your mom shot a few pics, and it happens one of the pics shows an "unknown" man. Which, by the way, looks very natural to me, also where and how he stands. NOTHING in the picture looks paranormal to me.

Maybe you should start questioning your MOM..because she knows who this guy is...alternatively, keep believing her story how a "ghost" magically appeared on an image..if this makes you feel better.

Seriously people.....THINK...

edit on 24-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Let me get this straight..

YOUR DAD WAS ON A BUSINESS TRIP....

Your mom shot a few pics, and it happens one of the pics shows an "unknown" man. Which, by the way, looks very natural to me, also where and how he stands. NOTHING in the picture looks paranormal to me.

Maybe you should start questioning your MOM..because she knows who this guy is...alternatively, keep believing her story how a "ghost" magically appeared on an image..if this makes you feel better.

Seriously people.....THINK...

edit on 24-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

I can assure you that mom wouldnt have another man around
plus she downloaded those photos while i was at a wrestling tournamnt in chatanooga with dad.. she could have easily deleted it instead of showing us, expecially since thats the only picture hes in.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

It doesn't look that natural to me, the guy must be about 8ft tall, even taking into account the perspective, he towers above everything else in the pic...the pictures on the wall and the front door.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I saw that too if you look at it it looks as if hes wearing his collar backwards
If you turned his shirt collar around there would be no question in my mind thats a priest
with his white collar on.
It's just something about his sleeves that get me the way they hang it looks like a uniform a priests shirt.
I believe you ... Very interesting thread I am keeping glued to it keep adding info if you come up with
anything else. Can you remember what the black thing against the left side of the picture is it's as if some
thing is in a huge black garbage bag??? Maybe a unrapped gift ?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here is a photo of me that day, although i was shirtless during the day as well.

I am working on the others but they wont download. any suggestions? And if this comes out to bid how do i shrink it?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
He is not standing in the hallway, looking at the pic. He is much closer, right behind that box/present..therefore he is also not "8ft tall".

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Maybe the picure is double exposed.

Just a thought.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join