It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Day Unknown Man Photo(updated version)

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

The exif data has already been made available and confirms no photoshopping

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Where has the exif data been posted?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Way back in the thread...I'll see if I can find it

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by frogbellyjim

Thanks. So i guess it wasnt a nikon?

Hi!

No, it wasn't a nikon:

Could it be possible for you to upload (to imagehack.com, for example) the original untouched photography, please?

Photo was taken with the max resolution for a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H70 (4608 x 3456 - 1.33 ratio) ["1" in the exifs below], but the size photo is of 922 x 691 - 1.33 ratio ["2" in the exifs], so it was resized.
Do you know how it was resized?

edit on 24-7-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

Here's some exif data

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Do you know how easy it is to edit EXIF data? It's trivial.

Anyway, a poster quite a few pages back pointed out that the man in the picture (and I say man, because it's definitely not a ghost) is reflected in the kids toy/car thing that's in the foreground. It's a real person.

END OF STORY!

edit on 17-8-2012 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Do you know how easy it is to edit EXIF data? It's trivial.

Anyway, a poster quite a few pages back pointed out that the man in the picture (and I say man, because it's definitely not a ghost) is reflected in the kids toy/car thing that's in the foreground. It's a real person.

END OF STORY!

edit on 17-8-2012 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

You brought up a good point; editing EXIF data. I found a review of some software programs designed for just that purpose.

Why am I interested in EXIF data editors? Because I manage my photos in iPhoto, which does not edit EXIF data by itself. This is something that I find truly annoying. I need a way to add dates and other EXIF data to my photos. What I currently propose to do is to export the photos from iPhoto, over the network, to my Windows laptop, where I can edit entire sets with EXIF Pilot or Exifer.

raoulpop.com...

I am not saying that the OP or anyone else use any programs like these to edit the EXIF data, but evidently someone could easily do it any no one would know.
Something worth considering.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Using Windows 7 only I could make the EXIF data say that the photo posted in the OP was taken with Senseo coffee machine. EXIF data means nothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

I only re-posted it as someone else asked where it had been posted, and whilst I don't doubt that the exif data can be easily manipulated it sort of defeats the purpose of sceptics demanding it for every anomalous picture!

I'm still taking the OP at his word that the man in the photo was not, to his knowledge, a physical person in the house, so perhaps it is END OF STORY for you, but I still find it interesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am still interested in other photo's of that day in the same location since we know many were taken, so much so that the OP's mom didn't even have interest to view each photo afterwards which is normal when many photo's are taken.

These extra photo's are important that is if the OP truly believes his photo is genuine and wants our help to prove so,
Saying so doesn't cut it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
OP, do NOT post photos of yourself in your underwear. For folks to even request such is...well...perverted and best to be ignored. No matter what information you share it will never be enough to prove that this photo could not be faked. It could and you can't change that fact.

A photo or series of photos cannot definitively prove the existence of the paranormal. Just as the skeptic cannot prove that is was faked. You have gathered the thoughts and ideas from members open to a possibility. Rest assured you have done more than an admirable job patiently answering questions again and again.

Keep your skivvies to yourself. This is definitely one of those times you just say No.

Ignore the silliness. Photos of a teen on Christmas Day in his unders? Really? No the questions and driveby "end of story" pronouncements won't end no matter what you give. And sharing those pics is going way to far.

Well done OP.

Mom type of advice over and out.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Right- first of all, the OP didnt even know what EXIF data was at the beginning of the thread, and had to be told how to retrieve it.

Secondly, the whole thing about the OP's other photos- the reason they were sent to a Mod to confirm was that they contained pictures of the OP in his underwear on Christmas morning, hence not for public consumption, but the Mod could confirm the other photos without them being posted for all a sundry to see.

These two particular points have been round and round ad nauseum.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Being a 16 year old boy just a few years ago and knowing how their minds work... I have a hard time believing this. When I was 13 I photoshopped a picture of a ghost in my house to fool my friends. Actually, it was MS Paint and poorly done, and it worked! No way it would have worked on ATS, since it was a poor fake, but I got a thrill fooling my friends. Was able to convince all of them.

So, I can understand the appeal of faking out people on ATS. Not something I'd enjoy doing today, but probably a few years ago.

No, the photo wasn't photoshopped. If he wanted to fake it, there would be a far simpler explanation. We have no way of knowing his father wasn't there on Christmas. I think it was his dad, or someone else, When the OP looked at the photo, he thought it looked creepy and decided to post it on ATS to see how many people he could fool.

That's it. That's the explanation. The OP found a creepy looking photo of his dad while looking through his mom's pictures. Wanted to see how gullible ATS is. No photoshopping required.

If I'm wrong OP then I apologize, but that is what makes the most sense. This thread could go on for 1000 more pages, and only the OP would truly know whether it's real or not.

Point I'm trying to make- this thread, regardless of whether it is real or not, shows it is really easy to fool people. Why? Because ANYONE could do this. Look through your old photographs, find one where someone is out of place in the background. Post it on ATS, and make up a story in 5 minutes. Easy.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the contribution, but Im sure 99% of people were aware of that. It was stated early on, and repeated several times, that the whole issue is based around the belief of the OP.

You can choose to believe him or not- theres nothing in the picture he provided that proves anything either way.

Im afraid that really isnt news........

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Thanks for the contribution, but Im sure 99% of people were aware of that. It was stated early on, and repeated several times, that the whole issue is based around the belief of the OP.

You can choose to believe him or not- theres nothing in the picture he provided that proves anything either way.

Im afraid that really isnt news........

Well the thread has 46 pages, 53 flags, and a lot of people are believing his story. So, clearly, it is news to some.

EDIT: You said the picture doesn't prove anything either way, but I disagree. It is a picture of a physical person, not a ghost. You can easily tell he is physically in the environment with his shadow on the objects in front of him and the light behind him. I don't pay much attention to ghost pictures, but I have never seen one that where the "ghost" was actually made completely out of matter. Aren't ghosts energy, not matter?
edit on 22-8-2012 by BailSnail because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2012 by BailSnail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BailSnail

Does anyone know exactly what a "ghost" is? I have read plenty of accounts from people where they say that the ghost was as solid and real as any other person, and the only reason that they then realised it was a ghost was when it would completely disappear in front of their eyes. Others perceive ghosts as simple orbs or streaks of light, others see them as wisp-like smoke. And of course there is the classic transparent version.

But as we have not got 100% proof of any of these types of ghosts I don't think we can say for certain that it cannot be a ghost as it is too solid.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I made a post earlier this year about a ghost i saw as a child www.abovetopsecret.com... he was as solid as you or i...till he disapeared!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Thanks for that, it must have been a very frightening experience for you, but it does prove that many people have had experiences with very solid, real entities, which makes me believe that we cannot rule anything out.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

It still gives me goosebumps 40 years later! Never saw him again though

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It's the homeless guy you invited over, you must've forgotten cuz he was only in 1 episode, you met him and his daughter at the mall, you dated his daughter for 1 episode too #savedbythebell

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

It still gives me goosebumps 40 years later! Never saw him again though

Wow- thats terrifying- especially for a kid.

A friend of mine owned a church in a remote part of Scotland he was trying to renovate to live in. He was working there on his own one evening whilst his girlfriend sat in their car on the other side of the graveyard. My friend (Craig), came down from the roof to the top of the stone staircase and saw a figure with long hair, and 'legging' type trousers coming up the stairs towards him. He said that, he had had a few visitors that were helping with the renovations, so he wasnt that suprised to see someone, so he stepped back to allow this person to pass him onto the landing. He only took his eyes away for a second, then realised no-one had come up, so he looked back down the staircase- nobody there. Even so, he ran down the stairs and out into the graveyard to see if someone had majically and impossibly got down the staircase and out at an unatural speed- no-one but his girlfriend sitting in the car on the other side of the graveyard.

He said the person he saw was 100% solid, long dark hair- never saw the face. Craig is a big, no-nonsense Scotsman and doesnt make things up, and you can tell when he speaks about it, it still freaks him out.....

<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join