It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Day Unknown Man Photo(updated version)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by DonaldD
Wow 33 pages almost finished reading!

I tried to get a close up of this chap. It appears he has his head turned away - more looking into he corner of the door. It also appears that he is wearing glasses.

The "gremlin" is certainly lighting and contours of a black rubbish bag.
edit on 27-7-2012 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

Big 10-4 0n the glasses.
This begs the question as to why a spirit would need glasses.

edit on 27-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

He wouldn't need glasses anymore than he would need clothes. I think maybe when a spirit manifests physically, it manifests as it was on a daily basis in life. If he wore glasses everyday while alive, then that's what we see when we see him. Does he need the glasses in the spirit world? Probably not, but in the spirit world, he may not have a body at all.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Good point.
Do you see the line or cord on his collar behind his neck?
It can't be a highlight, as it is away from the main light source.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Good point.
Do you see the line or cord on his collar behind his neck?
It can't be a highlight, as it is away from the main light source.

Yeah, I see it, but can't tell what it is. It could even be something on the window.

I hope the OP takes some regular pictures in the house, at different times of day and night - in a controlled environment - to see if he gets any more pics like this.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

You seem as if you want to insult everyone, when the op revealed that his nephews parents had been killed in a car accident instead of being ashamed for your insensitivity you accused him of making that up too.

What??? Better check again, I said no such thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Very interesting! Thanks so much for posting! Is there a name for this phonemena? And the sand is white water emerald, I'm in the gulf. And actually we had a red flag yesterday

Love the Gulf Coast. We vacation in the Destin area where the sand is a beautiful white and the water is also emerald - in fact the area is called The Emerald Coast. One flag (I think it's purple) means jelly fish in the water. My teenage son had an experience where one swam up his swim trunks and stung him multiple times in a not so good area. Being a teenage guy yourself - I know you cringed when you read that one. He survived the "discomfort" but pays close attention now to flags at the beach.
Stay safe.

From what I am reading, and I am by no means an expert, a common phrase for your occurance is called capturing a "spirit extra" in a photograph. Generally there is someone in the photo who was not seen at the time the photo was taken according to claims. It can also be an object that is in the photo that was not there at the time it was taken.

Here are a few more examples I found while searching:

Child Spirit Extra

We were sent this photo (above) which was taken on a mobile phone in 2008 at a party. The faces have been blanked out to preserve anonymity. The ladies in the photo were apparently amazed to see an extra ghostly image on the shot of a small child’s face - look between the 2nd and 3rd person from the left, at knee height, where I have put a circle (the face is perfectly clear on the original but may be less clear on this web-page reproduction). Of course, with fairly basic software, a photo such as this would be very easy to fake. However, this kind of so-called ‘spirit extra’ image is quite typical of ones you will find published in books about psychic phenomena going back almost a hundred years.

Source

Back Seat Ghost

Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the grave site. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car. At least the Chinnerys' thought he was alone.

When the film was developed, the couple was more than surprised to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the image of her mother – the woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure. "I stake my reputation on the fact that the picture is genuine," he testified.

Spirit Girl in the Corner

This picture was taken in 1994 at my cousin's sweet 16 party in Brick, New Jersey.
I have no idea who that girl in the corner is, behind what look like coats, but it wasn't anybody at the party... it's just a freaky image that nobody can explain.

Submitted from: Lisa Venezia, USA

Source

Interesting reading...

edit on 27-7-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Before I left I took some pictures of it in the afternoon, if that helps for comparison.
Thanks!
edit on 27-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I really appreciate your posts! Interesting, and we are in fort Walton/okaloosa, which is close to destin. Very beautiful! Thanks for the contribution
Ouch on the sting, i have been blessed that I've never been stung.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by transubstantiation

You seem as if you want to insult everyone, when the op revealed that his nephews parents had been killed in a car accident instead of being ashamed for your insensitivity you accused him of making that up too.

What??? Better check again, I said no such thing.

We can just drop all that, I'm not holding it against you, nobody else should.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CloseEncounter

I've read the whole thread up to this point and finally wanted to chime in. A few people have mentioned the loop on the back of his collar but it looks more like a very bright highlight on a dark shirt to me. You can also see that on the inverted version of the image that was posted.

I'm finding this interesting but I also have to agree with an earlier post that the reflection from the front door onto the red toy is blocked out so whatever this guy is, he is blocking out light. What's really weird though is that he appears to be standing sideways to the camera but the reflection of him on the toy looks as though he'd be facing the camera as you can see light coming from between both arms (in the reflection). I'd post a pic of what I mean but I'm on my iPad right now. Anyone see what I'm talking about?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theplu

I understand what your saying but Im not seeing it to the fullest.
Nice find though, I appreciate the looking and contributing.
I am not sure about the thing on the back of his neck, I feel like that could possibly be part of the Christmas reef from the door sticking out, but I'm definitely not sure.
Can you also explain to me what you mean by a highlight?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Before I left I took some pictures of it in the afternoon, if that helps for comparison.
Thanks!

Yeah, I mean pictures without any "living" people in the shot, to see if you get any more ghost pics.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Ok, I'll be home on Monday in America. I really think another shot like that would be an one and a million chance. Maybe I could get an orb or something. It'll be interesting to see if anything happens this Christmas. Assuming the world doesn't end on the 21st

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

I sure will. I might go ahead and make a thread about my experiences. There are several I think people would find interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

I guess if your stating experiences that wouldn't get much negativity, but be careful about pictures!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Startruth144

I guess if your stating experiences that wouldn't get much negativity, but be careful about pictures!

No kidding!! I have some possible evp recordings, but no way am I going to subject myself to what you've been going through!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

And thats a shame
maybe some of the higher ups could work to change that about ATS, it would be awesome to see more interesting stuff, it's a waste.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

do you believe he is out of the ordinary or no?

Personally, Yes he/she/it is out of the ordinary. The evidence is out there and he would have to be at least 7ft tall in comparison to you in your side-by-side pics. There are A LOT of threads pertaining to this type of paranormal activity captured on film/camera.

I personally side with the theory that a member stated earlier which, our eyesight is limited but a camera's is not and takes in the entire spectrum of light (IMO) but. I'm not an expert by any means; but, it is compelling to say the least.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The man in the photo looks like he is dressed as a catholic priest. Look at his collar.

Agreed.

that was one of my first impressions as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thank you friend for the opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The arms look too short too. Almost unnaturally fore shortened. A very odd pic. He looks like a real person, which of course a ghost would be.

He's also extremely tall. Taller than the windows and doors frame. Looks tall.

ET OR GHOST?
edit on 28-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join