It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Day Unknown Man Photo(updated version)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Wow 33 pages almost finished reading!

I tried to get a close up of this chap. It appears he has his head turned away - more looking into he corner of the door. It also appears that he is wearing glasses.

The "gremlin" is certainly lighting and contours of a black rubbish bag.
edit on 27-7-2012 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Rewey

Cant' wait to hear his excuse. It would only be the umpteenth time in this thread that he has not provided this and other data requests. He always has a pat answer like, my mother is using the computer, I am on the road, I am at the beach. What'll it be this time?

Hilarious intrptr ... most of us have a life off ATS you know ... maybe you should try it sometime

The OP has done an amazing job in this thread and his manners are impecable ... he is a credit to ATS membership and it's a true shame there are not more like him both here and in the 'real world' (that's the place not on the internet FYI) ... it's really not cool to be such a 'jobsworth' makes you come across as blinkered and anally retentive
... the guys on holiday and he's still posting when he can ... give him a break and relax a little.

Woody

Ha ha ha. Now you funny too. I can tell because you use smiley faces a lot. You are "amazed" by the OP's "job" on ATS? So you have met him, I guess? Know what he's really like? Okaaay...

Just checking the reality of your online statements about the real world in which you say you live. But how do I know what your life is really like? We haven't met either. You think total strangers are "Amazing". Thats fine. I look at the evidence and the claims. Given enough time anyone can talk themselves into a corner. Two pictures, one of alcohol and pots and the other taken by an inebriated relative of the OP is not evidence. I played along for awhile but I bow out now. Sure your amazing belittling, demeaning self will miss me.

"People? Don't lie. Because you can't remember stuff you said yesterday." --- Whoopie Goldberg

Why are you so unpleasant to people? What reason have you to say that his mother was inebriated? Are you trying to be as obnoxious as possible for some kind of personal goal or are you simply as anal as you sound naturally. How in the world do you conduct any kind of relationship with such a distasteful personality?
You seem as if you want to insult everyone, when the op revealed that his nephews parents had been killed in a car accident instead of being ashamed for your insensitivity you accused him of making that up too.
Are you for real or does your ego only dare act like this on the net, i suspect you wouldn't dare be so upfront to people in real life. You are probably like a lot of internet tyrants who daren't say boo to a goose in everyday life.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DonaldD

Good call on the glasses. I see them now.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Lol, it's because the America people are gullible

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DonaldD

I tried to get a close up of this chap. It appears he has his head turned away - more looking into he corner of the door. It also appears that he is wearing glasses.

That is what I was saying. I think he's looking at that little statue of the dog in the corner.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Whew! I read every single post on all 33 pages so far.. It took me a couple of hours, but I was determined to read every post before chiming in.

First of all.. This is one of those threads that I have missed and the type that originally brought me to ATS. Thank you Op for sharing! At first I did not even realize you were talking about the man in the picture and kept looking at what some have pointed out as the "gremlin".."demon" thing in the left side of the picture.. Where you say a black trash bag is located.. When I realized that the subject in question was the man.. I was shocked!

I will only say this as far as whether I believe you or not. You say that you, your mother and nephew were the only people there and he just appeared in the picture.. There was no visitors at all? Well I will take you at your word. Having experienced the paranormal SEVERAL times myself.. And one encounter was indeed a very solid manifestation (Meaning that it looked very physical, not ethereal) I have no doubts from my own experience. I have thought about posting about it and shyed away from it so far.. After seeing what you have went through, I am not any more convinced to share anything. Which brings me to my next point...

Having read every post in this thread, I feel very strong that you have to the best of your ability and went beyond what has been asked of you and have made no excuses.. You even stated in advance that you were going on vacation. You emailed pics to other members to be posted while on your drive to Fla...and honestly the only inconsistencies that I have seen were from your lack of interest/knowledge in cameras, which you stated very early on. You made it clear that your mom is the camera enthusiast and has owned several. Many of what most are calling inconsistencies, is from their own lack of thoroughly looking through the entire thread for themselves and seeing where things were earlier on cleared up. As far as cropping the original photos.. I almost always crop the originals and center in on what I want framed and delete the original as do a lot of people I know.. Besides the fact it wasn't you anyways.. It being your mom who cropped them, when she first pulled them from the camera many months ago.

As far as your dad being away on Christmas.. Many people work on the holidays. You did state that he was in Arkansas December 23 - 24 and was home later on Christmas day. Not sure why that was picked at so much.

For me.. This thread was an enjoyable one.. And there really is no way to know one way or the other whether this is true.. Only you can know that. I hope you haven't been dishonest, but I tend to look for the best in people and take you at your word. Having experienced the paranormal leaves you with few doubts..

You have been very respectful and have actually shown more manners than some of the more skeptical members. That earns my respect in a huge way. I am actually a bit disappointed in several members here who proudly wave the banner of Deny ignorance and yet haven't even thoroughly went over all the post themselves and yet claim that you never did what they expected, and other non sense or others who read a few post on the first page and start shouting how this is complete garbage.. In my opinion that is against every aspect of digging in deep and being scientific minded. There is healthy skepticism and then there is outright closed minded, dogmatic zealots of the like which would have fit in well with flat-earthers..

Enjoy your vacation and hang in there!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

That is what I was saying. I think he's looking at that little statue of the dog in the corner.

Nice eye! I haven't noticed that myself. Thank you for the input and looking

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DonaldD

Thanks for the reply! I havnt noticed that although a previous post suggested that there is something to hold the glasses on the back of his neck, although im not 100% on that because it could be the christmas reef behind him sticking out.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

That is very kind of you and I really thank you for reading all the way through, especially before posting...
U2U me about your experiences I'd love to hear them! Thanks for that long page of input!
Have a good day

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Its so hard to tell, which is interesting. It looks like he is looking left too?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What is that is blacked out on the left, left of the red toy ??? The focus for me is there.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
What is that is blacked out on the left, left of the red toy ??? The focus for me is there.

Thanks.. I'm not sure I know what your talking about, unless it's the garbage bag many members have stated before. Can you attempt to zoom in?
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Maybe this is just something unrelated, but what is in front of his mouth? Look up at the highly zoomed in version on the top of this page.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In looking at this Christmas Day Unknown Man photograph, I imagined there were other situations where people were captured in photographs when they were not "there" at the time the photo was taken. I found interesting reading.

One such situation deals with someone whose face was identifiable, but who could not have possibly been there at the time. His funeral was that day.

Meet Freddy Jackson

This intriguing photo, taken in 1919, was first published in 1975 by Sir Victor Goddard, a retired R.A.F. officer. The photo is a group portrait of Goddard's squadron, which had served in World War I at the HMS Daedalus training facility.

An extra ghostly face appears in the photo. In back of the airman positioned on the top row, fourth from the left, can clearly be seen the face of another man. It is said to be the face of Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who had been accidentally killed by an airplane propeller two days earlier. His funeral had taken place on the day this photograph was snapped. Members of the squadron easily recognized the face as Jackson's. It has been suggested that Jackson, unaware of his death, decided to show up for the group photo.

And here is another interesting story more similar to yours OP where an extra person appears who no one can identify.

Meet Unknown Woman

These two photos were taken in 1988 at the Hotel Vierjahreszeiten in Maurach, Austria. Several vacationers gathered for a farewell party at the hotel and decided to take a group photo. One of the party, Mr. Todd, set up is Canon film camera on a nearby table and pointed it at the group. (The table is the white band at the bottom of the photos.) He set the self-timer on the camera and hurried back to the table. The shutter clicked and the film wound forward, but the flash did not fire. So Todd set the camera for a second shot. This time the flash fired.
The film was later developed, and it wasn't until one of party members was viewing the photos that it was noticed that the first (non-flash) photo showed a somewhat blurry extra head! (In the sequence above, the second (flash) photo is actually shown first for the sake of comparison.) No one recognized the ghostly woman, and they could not imagine how her image appeared in the picture. Besides being a bit out of focus, the woman's head is also too large compared to the other vacationers, unless she is sitting closer to the camera, which would put her in the middle of the table.

The photo was examined by the Royal Photographic Society, the photographic department of Leicester University, and the Society for Psychical Research, all of which ruled out a double exposure as the cause.

Very interesting...

Other members may know more about these instances or even other happenings that might be worthy of exploration in understanding your own.

What color is the sand?

Hope the sun is shining and the water is warm...without the red flag.

edit on 27-7-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Very interesting! Thanks so much for posting! Is there a name for this phonemena? And the sand is white water emerald, I'm in the gulf. And actually we had a red flag yesterday

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

You found all the words that I and many others wanted to express.
Thanks for taking the time to post it!
I joined ATS in 2009 because of a few threads like this one also.

I have seen few since then because of how the poster is treated
grant you there are more hoaxes then real, but I can't help
think of all the ones that might have been legit only to have been knocked
down as fake because the OP couldn't take the bagering.
I would like to hear your story if you sometime care to share it.

Hope your enjoying your vacation OP!!! When you get home you should again
try the app for the ghost radar and share your findings here if any, really
interested in the little boy Indian, and the other man your mom sees.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Ok, and the Indian was a freak thing, never have seen him again. But the little boy was common for a while.
By the way. Have ghost radar on my iPad still and I can use it!
Thanks for posting, I to want to hear that guys story.
I'm going to the beach now, be back online in a few hours give or take.
Thanks again everyone

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

My guess is that the "unknown woman" is the person who took the first photo. Then they asked a waitress or someone else to take a complete group photo. If you look at the beers in the two pictures you see that the glasses are almost empty in the 2nd picture. So some time had passed between the two. Also the two older women in the center back of the photo shifted position to allow for the extra body to fit in. They would not need to do so if the official story was true. Just my quick observation.

edit on 7/27/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling & added comment

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

My guess is that the "unknown woman" is the person who took the first photo. Then they asked a waitress or someone else to take a complete group photo. If you look at the beers in the two pictures you see that the glasses are almost empty in the 2nd picture. So some time had passed between the two. Also the two older women in the center back of the photo shifted position to allow for the extra body to fit in. They would not need to do so if the official story was true. Just my quick observation.

edit on 7/27/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling & added comment

I don't know - I don't see the amount of beer changing much between photos. I do think it's strange that there is more space between those two women in the photo with the unknown woman, but the unknown woman is clearly in front of those women, not next to them. It's weird.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The "gremlin" is certainly lighting and contours of a black rubbish bag.
edit on 27-7-2012 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

Big 10-4 0n the glasses.
This begs the question as to why a spirit would need glasses.

edit on 27-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join