It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Day Unknown Man Photo(updated version)

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Also, if my brief knowledge of cameras allows me, if she was focusing on him, would he be clearer and my nephew blurrier?
edit on 26-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hi Sparky63.....not to speak for the OP, but I believe he said the pic had been cropped to emphasize the man/ghost (lol)...so that's probably why it looks like she was focused on him...?

To OP....glad you like my avatar....the Mother of Dragons is my favourite character too (no crush on my part though, lol). (Note for your amusement....we have pet ferrets....we refer to them as "dookies"....and hubby refers to ME as...Mother of Dookies! I was originally looking for a picture of her with the dragons and was going to replace them with ferrets....but couldn't find one!). Hope I wasn't insulting earlier, but sheesh! you are very mature for your age!
jacygirl

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Thank you. Like I said, you have to be.. Or at least act a little mature to get any real recognition here. Thats a cute story you should have made your avatars name what your husband calls you! And she's my favorite for a different reason.. But still a favorite.
/end of off topic conversation.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey
Hi Pressthebutton,

Firstly, I'm not here trying to frustrate you. I'm just genuinely interested in some of the inconsistencies in your story. Why? Because ATS is a very valuable community that has been built by people sharing ideas and thinking logically over many years. When people make threads that are highly dubious, it's natural for people to want all the dots to line up, so to speak.

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by Rewey

My nephew was ORPHANED at 6 months old due to a car accident he should have been in. I'm sorry if I didn't elaborate why he didn't have parents there.

Here's an example... I'm not saying this to be rude, and I'll cop a lot of flack for this, but someone has to say it - this is now four people you've mentioned dying in this thread - your great granddad, your mother's dad by suicide, and now your uncle and aunt via car crash. I only raise this as it usually means:
1) you're simply incredibly unlucky to have lost so many family members, or
2) it's a very common method that hoaxers use to stop people asking questions around certain topics (such as why the nephew is at your house without his parents on Christmas morning, which is integral to your story), or
3) it helps add the suggestion of the afterlife to certain phenomena being discussed in the thread.

Again, there's no way to not raise this without coming across as a jerk, but it's not my intention, and it is what it is. Seriously - it is very, very common on this site.

Secondly, I checked the exif data on the first photo - the shutter speed was 1/30th of a second - which is very slow and further outlines why the guy standing in the photo is so blurry.

Which brings me to the third point... here is your comment from the other day:

reply to post by frogbellyjim

I think the reason I missed the make is because I looked at the exif of a 2010 photo of those pots and pans I had mentioned earlier, and it said Nikon I think.

Now... if you have a photo with exif data showing the camera model, it is the untouched, uncropped image. Otherwise it would list the software it was cropped with. You are therefore saying that you have the original, uncropped image WITH exif data of the pot lids photo. Many, many people have asked you to upload this, but you haven't.

You obviously know HOW to, because your very first photo of the thread was the original and contained the exif data (which is how we know when it was taken, and with which camera).

Again, to many it seems like a silly part of the argument, but I can't stress this enough - it's the ONLY piece of evidence I can think of that you can upload to prove your story. I hope you understand why so many people want you to upload it, and are growing more and more frustrated that you haven't yet. It is this very frustration that makes people sound like they're attacking you - they're frustrated because you're not supporting them along the storyline you are asking them to believe. Like I said, this thread is 30 pages long, and it's the only piece of evidence that will support your argument - that you took a photo of pot lids in Christmas 2010 with a Nikon camera. It seems a strange piece of evidence, but many criminal cases are solved in the most unlikely ways...

And, sadly, I don't think the fact that you've returned to post so many times is obvious proof that this story is legitimate. That's honestly not an attack on you - I'm just saying go and read through the Hoax folder and see how long some of those go for. I don't get it myself, but it really does happen a lot...

Regards,
Rewey

One thing I have to say about you brining up how my Great grandfather happens to be dead, is how many people on ATS have great grandparents still alive? I may be young but that is still a pretty common thing to have a dead grandfather. I know it's minor but I had to state it or it would have bugged me.
Have A good sleep, I'm sure I'll talk to you soon.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Have you read while even though I was on the road with no laptop with no internet, I still i used my phone to email another member pictures. If i wanted to get out of doing anything by making exuses I wouldn't have gone out of my way to send her pictures.

More excuses. I been following you on here since about page 10. At first I suspended disbelief and gave your story credence. Your thread is cool. A lot of people have brought personal stories and their beliefs about this subject. I dig these because I compare that with my own personal experiences. I want to know more about it as does everyone else.

Thats why I look closely at any evidence. So do others. This is ATS. Known for careful and thorough examination of "physical" evidence. Unequivocal proof by internet doesn't exist, but extraordinary claims should submit to any examination by being frank and open. Sidestepping requests for information by putting off those requests until later or swearing up and down its true is not how to convince the skeptics.

Of course moon pie believers don't need any proof and think all scrutiny is an attack. After the smoke clears one can see that the thread is filled with skeptics if the story holds and believers if it doesn't. Skeptics are never satisfied so if they are still around it is because they can't find any holes in the OP's thread. And they are gonna keep trying until they do. Conversely if the thread is full of mostly "believers" then that is because the skeptics did find holes and having no further concern, they moved on.

I liken the Op's responses on here to something Chris Rock said in one of his comedy shows about what the government says when they are trying to dodge issues:

"We're talking to some people, we're looking for some stuff, we're figuring it all out.... and we'll get back to you."

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You quoted me on that, and said it was an excuse. Yet, I said I was on the road and couldn't upload, but Instead I emailed through my phone and got another member to post it. How is that an excuse? I went out of my way to do that, if I really was trying to make an "excuse" I would have waited longer or never done it at all, instead of going out of my way to get it done.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Rewey

Cant' wait to hear his excuse. It would only be the umpteenth time in this thread that he has not provided this and other data requests. He always has a pat answer like, my mother is using the computer, I am on the road, I am at the beach. What'll it be this time?

Hilarious intrptr ... most of us have a life off ATS you know ... maybe you should try it sometime

The OP has done an amazing job in this thread and his manners are impecable ... he is a credit to ATS membership and it's a true shame there are not more like him both here and in the 'real world' (that's the place not on the internet FYI) ... it's really not cool to be such a 'jobsworth' makes you come across as blinkered and anally retentive
... the guys on holiday and he's still posting when he can ... give him a break and relax a little.

Woody

Ha ha ha. Now you funny too. I can tell because you use smiley faces a lot. You are "amazed" by the OP's "job" on ATS? So you have met him, I guess? Know what he's really like? Okaaay...

Just checking the reality of your online statements about the real world in which you say you live. But how do I know what your life is really like? We haven't met either. You think total strangers are "Amazing". Thats fine. I look at the evidence and the claims. Given enough time anyone can talk themselves into a corner. Two pictures, one of alcohol and pots and the other taken by an inebriated relative of the OP is not evidence. I played along for awhile but I bow out now. Sure your amazing belittling, demeaning self will miss me.

"People? Don't lie. Because you can't remember stuff you said yesterday." --- Whoopie Goldberg

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Also, if my brief knowledge of cameras allows me, if she was focusing on him, would he be clearer and my nephew blurrier?

My wife's camera somehow manages to create a "focus box" on the subjects face even if the face is not centered in the frame. She has a new Canon Powershot. I see now that your nephew was more or less centered in the frame. I just saw that the image in the post had a horizontal scroll bar that I did not notice before. Once I downloaded the picture I see the boy and the toy are centered. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Op, question. I had some time to think about this and wanted to know if your mom could give an explaination.

I don't know about everyone else, but when I take a photo with my digital camera, the benefit is that you get an instant photo on the camera to view. When I snap photos, especially on a day like Xmas, I'll look at every photo to see how it turned out. That way you know whether to take another one or not.

Your mom waited for a month to view the photos, but did she look at the photos she was taking while taking them? Seems like this would have stood out, and caused quite a commotion since your 3 year old nephew was next to the guy....you know?

Just something I'm wondering about.

Hope your vacation is going well!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CloseEncounter

Well, you don have to take her word for it as much as common sense. You saw the picture directly before, and how close it was to this picture relative to time. In addition although on comparison not as much, it a second of viewing the photo she probably thought it was just me, the first time she spent time looking thourroghly at the pictures was when uploading and Facebook time came and she needed to look at it, she realized that he looked liked nobody we even knew. By god im getting her on here im tired of answering her questions. Sorry if this is scattered and i know its a late reply, im on my phone on out the condo.
Thanks

By the way dont take what i said as i dont want to answer anything else, rather i know how asking someone else these questions and answering for them kind of soils some credibility.
Sorry

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The man in the photo looks like he is dressed as a catholic priest. Look at his collar.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hi Pressthebutton...

Unfortunately, no. Cameras use pretty complex algorithms to work out focal points - particularly modern compacts as they market them with 'face detect' technology and what-not. In this photo, your nephew would have been in a lighter area (being closer to the camera and in a wide room) than the guy standing in the hallway. Therefore, the camera would have calculated the distance to your nephew, and timed the shutter release to coincide with the light from the flash reaching your nephew's face. Because the camera was using its flash, it will also alter the amount of light it will record from the image. But when there's an additional light source in the background (through the panes in the door), it records more light than it intends to, thus giving that blurry/ethereal look to the background of the picture.

...but your main point was wanting the date my photo was taken, there is clearly a date there.

Agreed - there is clearly a date there. But like I pointed out, the timestamp does not coincide with the story you gave pages before (as I suggested in an earlier post).

Again - it seems like the most ridiculous thing to ask for, but it really is the only piece of evidence that can back up your story. If there's anything else that anybody else can suggest, by all means make it known. There are plenty of sites you can upload photos to (google photobucket, for one), and then paste the link here...

Be careful of sharks at the beach. Here in Western Australia, we've just lost out 5th person to a Great White in the past 12 months... but I'm sure you'll be fine...

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloseEncounter

reply to post by CloseEncounter

To be honest I'm getting a little creeped out thinking about this lol it's night time right now. The house itself isn't old but possibly it was built on some interesting land. We are the first people to live in this home. He slightly resembles my mothers dad, who was tall, but not that tall! He committed suicide when she was 9.

Do you have a smartphone or tablet? Download ghost radar....people have had interesting results with it, and other software. There is a thread about it, search ghost radar.

THIS is that link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Under request...
This is the thing on the wall near the man

This is the hallway in front of the man

And last but not least the pots and pans from 2010. This occured at 3 am i cant remember if my parents took the picture then or waited till morning. Although i cant really prove this im trying.. 3 am christmas morning my parents heard a crash in the kitchen, they went to look around and after a while mom opened the cabinet and saw this. The pans are normally on the left of the margarita bottles and behind them i think, these lids had to have been moved in between the bottles at 3 am. My mom didnt do this #1 she would remember, and #2 she is anal about stuff like that and wouldn't put lids there. Its just creepy/interesting that it happened on christmas morning, or in general.

Should I post a pic of how it is normally?

Interesting thread, thank you...I'm enjoying it and still reading through all of the posts and pages.
Forgive me if this has already been asked but:
What is the object (Box with the cross) in the little alcove in this second photo down?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Ok friend, I hope you are having a good morning and thanks for contributing. I explained myself about the time difference, since this was two christmass ago, sometimes things like that get by, I'm going on my knowledge (which isn't good half the time lol) on a lot of this. But seriously don't quote that last sentence and use it on me in a later post! I remembered the story and I remembered what happened, but in planning on making this thread I didn't think of this photo until when I started it and not much after, so I didn't really get my details straight. Think about it this way, why on earth would I have a photo like that from two years ago, and still from Christmas nonetheless, when a photo like that is useless in anything without my story on it. And why would someone take a picture of that anyways? And keep it. And I'm a little confused on what your asking me to do? I'll be more than happy to try to fulfill your every request!

One last thing, are you questioning my sincerity about my beach vacation with that last statement? My offer still stands to upload a picture of the beach in the background with a sign that says pressthebutton, 7/26(rather 7/27 eastern us then because I can't take it currently it is night time, and you can check me on that easily) and add my vacation.
Thanks for the challenge friend, its people like you that keep this thread saucy and my mind from relaxing

Also,down here at the gulf of Mexico we have bull sharks, which kill more people, but aren't as known. Whites are up in cold water... Off topic

Also! I just realized(look at the guy witht he pic above me) that I even stated when I uploaded the pots and pans that I didn't know if they waited till later or took it then
One last thing, I'm actually on central time, I forget it changes when going to this part of Florida

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

That is a box for tissues

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
The man in the photo looks like he is dressed as a catholic priest. Look at his collar.

Several people have said the same thing, but I don't know!! Thanks for the input

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
[img]
[/img

thanks tinypic.
AND starlitestarbrite!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

A message to any future posters, I am going to bed, so your replies won't be replied to at this point and will be fishing a majority of tomorrow but will still contribute(and yes I can give ou proof I'm fishing if need be. )
Thanks

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Rewey

One last thing, are you questioning my sincerity about my beach vacation with that last statement?

No, no - just messing with you. All the Jaws movies are set in the US (and the Caribbean) but all the sharks seem to be down here...

Regards,
Rewey

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join