It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Day Unknown Man Photo(updated version)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by woodwytch

Well hush my mouth ... that's me put in my place

The fact that the OP never insisted the guy in the photograph was a 100% all singing / all dancing / all hanging 'ghost' ... he simply asked for people to take a look at it and offer their opinion and suggestions etc ... and for some reason this seems to be like waving a red rag at a bull to the skeptics and naysayers (there is a difference between the two ... the guy your post is defending is definately a 'naysayer' ... if what you say about welcoming evidence is true then you are a 'skeptic') ... there have been at least two people on here who have 'interegated' the OP with a gusto that the Gestapo would have been proud of ... and dammit if the kid (yes remember the OP is 16yrs old) has stood his ground and taken on all comers ... and surely even a skeptic has to admit that that is at least something that many in his position would have turned tail and run for the hills pages ago.

Now I for one believe the OP's account of event's ... is the guy in the picture a 'ghost' ... who knows (it can't be proven remember) ... but I don't think the borderline bullying onslaught of questioning by a couple of members is anything to be proud of and says a lot about their true character ... likewise the OP's polite and accomodating responses says a lot about his character too (he has gone above and beyond what most members would have done)... and unfortunately the 'questioners' are left wanting ... but that's just my opinion of course.

Let's keep looking for the proof and hard evidence from both sides of the fence so that even the non-experiencers can finally see the reality of the paranormal ... but let's teach the naysayers how to be civil and if you are a true skeptic you should be encouraging them to do that too ... a naysayer is to a skeptic what a charlatan is to a genuine experiencer.

Woody

I see it a little differently because i think i can spot a clear bias in him already believing it's a Ghost - and not really be interested in a "neutral" debate.

You can see this by reading his replies...eg. when someone suggests a "esoteric" variant like investigating the history of the house etc..he is all ears...and if someone points out that there is nothing paranormal about the photo etc. he urges them to re-read what he said because their conclusion must be "wrong".

Even worse, when others chime in with more or less rude replies that they should leave the thread just by stating an opposite point of view or outright claiming they don't believe the story or the OP.

Here is the deal: I think that the OP does not know more than anyone else - if anything, after reading the pages in the thread it looks to me he was not even present when this photo was taken (that's at least the impression i have) - when did he say HE WAS THERE when the photo was taken..being positive there was non one in the room etc? But this didn't happen. Instead, the OP seems more like repeating what he heard from his mama, basing the entire case on what he was told or heard from his mom - so, he isn't even a first-hand "witness" really.

And some points from the "skeptics" pointed out so far were interesting, for example why the kid was present on Christmas, but no other relatives..why the dad was on a business trip on Christmas...and why uncle/aunt dropped off a kid on CHRISTMAS but were not present while their kid opened presents. And why it would be unlikely according to OP that any of those relatives would show up, maybe even unnoticed by whoever took the picture - especially since we can assume the OP was not even there when the pic was taken.

I honestly can't recall ever saying that someone was wrong or to to re read. I've asked if they read it, but that's not the same. Your accusing me of doing things that haven't been done. You haven't noticed that I've told every single person pretty much that I respect there opinion or thanks for posting.. Even for the skeptics. I can't convince all of you. I know that.
And by the way, if I wanted to lie about my nephew and his parents I would have said he was my brother.
And in this economy, theres not much that's strange about a father being gone on business trying to make money for a family.
Have a good day.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by Rewey

I have no clue about exif or anything, I only even know what that is since the thread started when other people said it.

But you obviously know how to open it and read it, and use it to determine things like which camera was used, as suggested here:

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
I think the reason I missed the make is because I looked at the exif of a 2010 photo of those pots and pans I had mentioned earlier, and it said Nikon I think.

And the photo you posted of the pot lids on this page a few minutes ago is a different crop to the one you posted on page 10 - that implies you have the original with you, in order to upload a differently cropped version of it.

Bed time for me - I'll pick up this post again tomorrow at work. Hopefully the original will be uploaded to some sharing website by then... as others have suggested - as it's the only proof of an element of your story you can really offer, it might be worth putting this thread on hold until you can do that, and simply enjoying your holiday...

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Your forgot to look at where is said, I didn't know anything about exif untIl I started this thread.. Nearly three days ago. Since I've been forced to figure out something, 3 days is enough time to figure it out. But, I'm saying that I don't know all there is to know about exif and cameras and such.
I also stated when I uploaded that last photo that it happened to be the original(I thought it at least hope I said it) and I also mentioned that I all I did was resize it, I stated earlier that the other was cropped. That is your difference. I also stated that I figured out how to revert to original and then resized it, the other when ATS said was too big, I thought it just needed to be cropped, I didn't know about resizing.
Edit:how do I make a photo that is too big, like previously stated, to be able to be put on here? If anyone wants to help out I'll send it to them.
Thanks
Also, my offer for someone to help me put up the massive original still stands, but your main point was wanting the date my photo was taken, there is clearly a date there.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hi OP

Like everyone else I'm intrigued by your photo and have been following this thread since it started!

Unfortunately I can add nothing that will help you understand or enlighten you or anybody else as to what is that was photographed! In your original post you stated that "Any opinions will be much appreciated!", and I'm afraid that is all your are going to get, opinions! Mine is as follows;

Lets say for now that every word you have posted regarding this matter is true and that the picture is genuine, we will never arrive at any truth. There will be as many opinions, ideas and theories as there are members posting a reply.

A ghost, alien, inter-dimensional being, time traveler, alien, demon, angel etc, etc. This is where the interest for me really lays, the speculation and ideas of what was caught on your mothers camera that wasn't there to be seen at the time.

For me personally it's just an unsual photograph of a man and a boy, although I am open minded enough to consider it being a photo of anything that has already been suggested!

The fact is that this picture (and many like it) will only ever raise more questions than answers, I suppose the only fact that can be reached with this photo (and many like it) is wheather this picture has been altered or not.

I obviously don't know you but I am willing for now to take your word for it that this is an unaltered photograph of a scene that contains an image of a man whom was not able to be seen at the time it was taken. As I have already said, due to the specualation of us all, this thread could in theory go on for ever and I will follow it all the way!

For now my theory, if the photo and your story is genuine, is that the camera captured energy that manifested itself into the image of a man that for some reason could not be seen at that time by the naked eye.

Is the image of the man a representation of a man that previously lived and died? An image of a man alive now? An image of a man that your mother's mind manifested onto a digital camera? Manifested by your Nephews mind? Manifested by your mind? A doppleganger?

I have no idea and that's what great about it!

Like I said, I have no real answers or proper theories but the ideas and discussion about what it is will keep me here!

Hope you are well and and stay blessed!

Gnobody!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I don't see this going anywhere besides people taking sides based on their preconceived belief or disbelief in the paranormal. There is no proof other than the ops statement that the figure in the background was not present in the house when the picture was taken. Yet, by his own statements it appears that he was not actually in the room when this picture was taken. If I am wrong, please correct me.
So, what is there to debunk..an unprovable statement based on hearsay?
The only thing that would add to this discussion at this stage would be to get the testimony of the mother. That might lend a little more credibility, but would still prove nothing. So unless there is more convincing evidence provided I must lean toward believing that this was a real person. I will make no judgements about the Ops motives.

Note:
I think the op displayed more courtesy and respect in his responses than many long term members and for this I give him commendation.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Another thing that is interesting to read is people's idea of what a 'ghost' is supposed to look like..transparent, 50% transparent, solid etc...if only there was a proven benchmark to compare all sightings and photographs to!

To the OP, I have some questions;

If you had to choose out of all the theories posted here and of your own, what or whom would you want the 'man' in the photgraphto be?

What or whom would you least like the 'man' to be?

What theory or idea would make you the most comfortable? The least comfortable?

If this photograph was posted by another member, would you believe that you were looking at a picture of a 'ghost'?

Interested in reading your replies!

Gnobody

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I don't see this going anywhere besides people taking sides based on their preconceived belief or disbelief in the paranormal.
Note:
I think the op displayed more courtesy and respect in his responses than many long term members and for this I give him commendation.

I agree with these. Im not saying everything is fake or everything is real, but I myself believe what the OP was saying and trying to point out is true. So my advice to the OP, i personally, think this thread has gone as far as it can(theres NO real way to tell, besides personal accounts and theories), and you should just worry about your vacation and not let some members put you in a bad mood.

Thanks for the great thread, dont let this be the only one.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anishnaabe

Yes, I agree. Well done, OP, for staying calm, rational and polite in the face of some really ignorant bullying.

Enjoy your holiday.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hello....this has been a fascinating read.
It is amazing what can show up in a photograph. I have dozens of pictures with "orbs" in them....some people claim that they are spirits...others say it's just dust. I have no idea what is going on with your pic (of the man), and prefer to keep reading and remain open-minded.
The only thing I find....strange (if that is the right word)....is that you in no way sound (write) like ANY 16-year old that I have ever known!
If you are indeed being genuine and honest with us.....then I apologize for being slightly suspicious.
Hope you have a good holiday.
jacygirl

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
HAY EVERYBODY
Oh My God LEAVE THE KID ALONE! I have read this entire post and so far you have
1. Called him a liar
2. Called his mother a liar
3. Called his mother an adulterer
4. Called him a fraud
5. Have said very mean and disparaging remarks about him and his family
How rude and insensitive can you people be? If you do not believe him then do not follow this post! That simple! Stop posting mean things. Not everyone is going to believe, that’s fine. Get over yourselves and leave him alone. Let the rest of us that believe him try and figure this out. He has gone above and beyond in trying to get some answers. Heckhe posted pics of himself! He is a child, if my child did that I would kick his butt. He is bending over backwards, jumping through hoops to get answers from you people and some of you are bulling him. Again LEAVE HIM ALONE and stop following his post.
Signed,
A pissed off mom bear. (No, not his mom just a mom in general!)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
HAY EVERYBODY
1. Called him a liar
4. Called him a fraud
How rude and insensitive can you people be? If you do not believe him then do not follow this post! That simple! Stop posting mean things. Not everyone is going to believe, that’s fine. Get over yourselves and leave him alone. Let the rest of us that believe him try and figure this out. He has gone above and beyond in trying to get some answers. Heckhe posted pics of himself! He is a child, if my child did that I would kick his butt. He is bending over backwards, jumping through hoops to get answers from you people and some of you are bulling him. Again LEAVE HIM ALONE and stop following his post.
Signed,

Belief in the Op is not a requirement of following this thread or commenting on it. I agree that there is no need for rude behavior but ordering other people to leave the thread is not exactly courteous is it? I am a skeptic for sure, but that doesn't mean I cannot participate. The Op invited us to do so. He may be 16 but he seems capable of handling himself quite well, as I previously stated.
edit on 7/26/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling & added comment

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok guys, let me start by saying thanks for the comments, they were a nice read to get back to. To be honest I didn't think too much about what I was going to get from this, but trust me I knew it wouldn't all be positive and thats ok, thats what makes it ATS is the fact that there are memebres that challenge things, although some of it has exceeded my patience although not showing it! I honestly didn't expect more than 10 flags, not that I thought about it much, but thats gives you an idea that I really didnt do this for anything but a few people giving me there opinions and a few trying to debunk. But holy cow 600 replies! And to those talking about my age, think about it this way. If I got on here, and was acting like an average person my age, I would get minimal consideration for the most part, so I therefore must conduct myself in a more developed way. And to the member with the danaerys Targaryen avatar... I have the biggest crush on her!!

I really just wanted and still want opinions, that stay polite, like anyone wants.
Thanks for those still reading! I'll make some more threds when necessary, although I highly doubt it'll be anything like this!
Im going to catch some sun...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

HAY EVERYBODY
1. Called him a liar
4. Called him a fraud
Signed,

Belief in the Op is not a requirement of following this thread or commenting on it. I agree that there is no need for rude behavior but ordering other people to leave the thread is not exactly courteous is it? I am a skeptic for sure, but that doesn't mean I cannot participate. The Op invited us to do so. He may be 16 but he seems capable of handling himself quite well, as I previously stated.
edit on 7/26/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling & added comment

Although I really appreciate the "mother bear" saying that, I agree it isn't neccassary. I can take peoples opinions, but it would be nice if they were atleast respectful.
Have a good day, thanks for reading!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
Hello....this has been a fascinating read.
It is amazing what can show up in a photograph. I have dozens of pictures with "orbs" in them....some people claim that they are spirits...others say it's just dust. I have no idea what is going on with your pic (of the man), and prefer to keep reading and remain open-minded.
The only thing I find....strange (if that is the right word)....is that you in no way sound (write) like ANY 16-year old that I have ever known!
If you are indeed being genuine and honest with us.....then I apologize for being slightly suspicious.
Hope you have a good holiday.
jacygirl

NEVER get rid of that avatar! lol

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
By the way, I'll work on my mom, since I know that'll increase credibility, but as a certain member said before, ATS is a brutal place for those no used to it, and im hesitant about subjecting her to that. ALthough she is a big girl, I don't neccarily want my mother getting bashed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

HAY EVERYBODY
1. Called him a liar
4. Called him a fraud
Signed,

You are very sweet! But i'll be okay, I appreciate people giving there contriubtion. I wouldn't have put this on atss without being aware of some ramifications.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Sory i went off on a rant, it just irks me when people genuanly ask for help and people bash them. I am extremely impressed on how you have been handeling the negativity. You are a very mature person. Please continue posting, its really an interesting pic.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

Yes ma'am I will, I just don't know what other pictures I can put up! I'm on vacation so it would have to be something on the computer already.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
One more question. This might have already been covered, if so I apologize.
Why is the adult male centered in the picture instead of your nephew? If your mother didn't see the man there, what was she focusing on...the front door? Just wondering.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

That hasn't been asked! She was sitting close to him and actually wanted to get a picture of what he was screwing in, it was cute that he was trying to fix it, which shows his inner redneck. the screw and stuff is closer to the center.
Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join