It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Day Unknown Man Photo(updated version)

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey
Honestly, to everyone who wants to berate me for contributing - the motto of the site is 'Deny Ignorance'. I believe I have very clearly established why the blurry, ethereal photo looks the way it does, and it is nothing more sinister than a simple, common camera aberration. If you want to ignore that and attack me instead, then go right ahead... I was just hoping to outline why I don't believe the OP. I do not need to believe every thread that is created on ATS. I am still entitled to, and capable of, independent thought...

Sorry DWW - that last part wasn't directed at you, but in re-reading the post it might come across that way... Not intended...

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirbadazz
reply to post by Pressthebutton

nice thread OP. listen, the most important piece of data you can give us for investigation is to TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF STANDING WHERE THE MAN IS from the same low angle where the original picture was taken. that will give us a clear idead of size/floating/etc.

the most convincing aspect of the photo is the cord wrapped around the man's neck and going down his back. Georgia has a rich history of war and native americans, so the woods where your house was built holds history.

please upload the 'perspective' photo before you hit vacation, k? thanks.

If you please finish the thread I did that....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

I am responding to this sort of nonsense:

"OK, stop. Just stop.I am literally agog that this thread has gone on for 29 pages. I am literally stupefied."

You did say that, right? Sounds like you want the whole discussion to 'stop. 'If that is how you really feel, then why the second post and what the *&^% are you doing here?

And as for your huge insights into photography- thanks- nothing we havent heard, (I even said myself, way back on page 6, that I thought the thin neck was due to the lighting, and the first discussions about CCD's happened there too) but youve made your point ,'discussed', and now you should move on, because you obviously have no further contribution to make- and obviously wouldnt want to on such a 'foolish' thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by AshleyD

I'm more curious about this part (from the left of the image). It looks like some kind of horned crouching demon. lol

Surprised nobody else mentioned this yet.

Good eye. That face...

edit on 25-7-2012 by intrptr because: (no reason given)
actually the guy(ghost) looks like he looking at this thing crouching behind whatever that is.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

I respect your independent thought, as you say, ATS is a place to deny ignorance. That being said, you cannot say that NOBODY crops and deletes, I guarantee others do it, I some bet people reading this do it. My nephew was ORPHANED at 6 months old due to a car accident he should have been in. I'm sorry if I didn't elaborate why he didn't have parents there. The fact of the matter is, I'm not confused about anything of the blurryness, etc, there are no mean like that in the house at that time, yes I'm going to wonder. The only reason she keeps full photos, and shoot me if this is too logical for my story, is if she want to print them off. Have you heard of Facebook or the like? Some photos need to be cropped out, to show more of you etc, and that's just me saying how people could crop and delete. If you crop something of you don't like why would you keep it? You don't really have a right to say that "NOBODY" does it, that in itself is extreme. If I was hoaxing, I wouldn't have spent days answering all of your questions non-stop, taking photos of my self, etc. I believe in this and Im going to fight for it.
Have a good day

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by Rewey

I am responding to this sort of nonsense:

"OK, stop. Just stop.I am literally agog that this thread has gone on for 29 pages. I am literally stupefied."

You did say that, right?

Hi Thunda,

I'm being serious though! I'm not joking! I was reading page after page of this at work today, and I was honestly agog! I say that because I've read so many threads on ATS of photos such as this put up that usually last 10 pages tops.

I just don't get how this is different. I get that the OP is being polite - certainly no qualms there. I don't get how he was so adamant for so many posts that he'd get a picture of pot lids up (no offence, OP - I just genuinely don't know what you expected to share by posting a picture of pot lids and then telling us how they're normally arranged).

But let's be serious here - it's a blurry photo of a guy standing in the hallway. Nothing more, right???

And the pot lid thing might be the ONE piece of evidence that actually gives credence to the story. If the OP can produce that, then the exif data will demonstrate whether it was really a photo of pot lids taken around Christmas 2010 on a different camera, or whether it was something he put together to try to embellish the story a little more.

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

And I don't consider it being me adding scare factor, when people actually"what could you have in your house that would do this stuff" oujii boards are beloved by some to be bad, and a very old coat of arms, could do something, it's the oldest thing in my house I'm willing to bet. That was me being truthful responding to the question, I would hate to lie.
I know I'm losing the politeness... This is frustrating
edit on 26-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Last post for you right now, I wasn't adamant about the pots and pans, I forgot about it and other members were telling me to upload it, so I say ok later., wouldn't I lose credibility if I never did?
Believe me I'm working on the original. If that means anything.
Have a good day

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What I suggest to the OP is that you relax and enjoy your vacation
theres no need for you to get upset and ruin your time at the beach with
your family Hes 16 years old for christs sake!!!!
If you need to take some time away from this thread please do it
you can come back and address coments late if you wanted to.
All I know is if I was on vacation this would be the last place I would
be! Thanks for being dedicated, but go have fun..... this thread will still be here
when you get back.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

The only thing I did was resize it, only because it was 4320x3240 and ATS wont let me download it.

This isnt a reply to starlitstarbrite,but rather Rewey.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Rewey

Speaking of the pot lids photo - have you uploaded the original of this photo so the exif data can confirm when it was taken? The exif data will confirm the date, and the camera used (as you claim your mother had a number of cameras during this time frame). You obviously have it somewhere, as you were able to produce a copy of it, and I don't believe for a second that you 'cropped the original and only have the modified version', as you claimed with another photo. Nobody crops photos and deletes the originals, and NOBODY would bother cropping a picture of pot lids and alcohol bottles. Can you upload the original pot lid photo, please?

Cant' wait to hear his excuse. It would only be the umpteenth time in this thread that he has not provided this and other data requests. He always has a pat answer like, my mother is using the computer, I am on the road, I am at the beach. What'll it be this time?

Have you read while even though I was on the road with no laptop with no internet, I still i used my phone to email another member pictures. If i wanted to get out of doing anything by making exuses I wouldn't have gone out of my way to send her pictures.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
What I suggest to the OP is that you relax and enjoy your vacation
theres no need for you to get upset and ruin your time at the beach with
your family Hes 16 years old for christs sake!!!!
If you need to take some time away from this thread please do it
you can come back and address coments late if you wanted to.
All I know is if I was on vacation this would be the last place I would
be! Thanks for being dedicated, but go have fun..... this thread will still be here
when you get back.

Ill get away here soon, but this thread means alot to me, as you can see

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
FYI if anyone needs me to verify my vacation, I can most definetly take a picture at the beach with a sign that says" pressthebutton, for ATS, 7/26/12"

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I know I know
I can tell you right now I'd be swimming in that warm
Florida water or crashed on the beach there wouldn't be any question about that!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
I know I know
I can tell you right now I'd be swimming in that warm
Florida water or crashed on the beach there wouldn't be any question about that!

Amen.. The flag on the beach is at a red right now, so thats not an option

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hi Pressthebutton,

Firstly, I'm not here trying to frustrate you. I'm just genuinely interested in some of the inconsistencies in your story. Why? Because ATS is a very valuable community that has been built by people sharing ideas and thinking logically over many years. When people make threads that are highly dubious, it's natural for people to want all the dots to line up, so to speak.

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by Rewey

My nephew was ORPHANED at 6 months old due to a car accident he should have been in. I'm sorry if I didn't elaborate why he didn't have parents there.

Here's an example... I'm not saying this to be rude, and I'll cop a lot of flack for this, but someone has to say it - this is now four people you've mentioned dying in this thread - your great granddad, your mother's dad by suicide, and now your uncle and aunt via car crash. I only raise this as it usually means:
1) you're simply incredibly unlucky to have lost so many family members, or
2) it's a very common method that hoaxers use to stop people asking questions around certain topics (such as why the nephew is at your house without his parents on Christmas morning, which is integral to your story), or
3) it helps add the suggestion of the afterlife to certain phenomena being discussed in the thread.

Again, there's no way to not raise this without coming across as a jerk, but it's not my intention, and it is what it is. Seriously - it is very, very common on this site.

Secondly, I checked the exif data on the first photo - the shutter speed was 1/30th of a second - which is very slow and further outlines why the guy standing in the photo is so blurry.

Which brings me to the third point... here is your comment from the other day:

reply to post by frogbellyjim

I think the reason I missed the make is because I looked at the exif of a 2010 photo of those pots and pans I had mentioned earlier, and it said Nikon I think.

Now... if you have a photo with exif data showing the camera model, it is the untouched, uncropped image. Otherwise it would list the software it was cropped with. You are therefore saying that you have the original, uncropped image WITH exif data of the pot lids photo. Many, many people have asked you to upload this, but you haven't.

You obviously know HOW to, because your very first photo of the thread was the original and contained the exif data (which is how we know when it was taken, and with which camera).

Again, to many it seems like a silly part of the argument, but I can't stress this enough - it's the ONLY piece of evidence I can think of that you can upload to prove your story. I hope you understand why so many people want you to upload it, and are growing more and more frustrated that you haven't yet. It is this very frustration that makes people sound like they're attacking you - they're frustrated because you're not supporting them along the storyline you are asking them to believe. Like I said, this thread is 30 pages long, and it's the only piece of evidence that will support your argument - that you took a photo of pot lids in Christmas 2010 with a Nikon camera. It seems a strange piece of evidence, but many criminal cases are solved in the most unlikely ways...

And, sadly, I don't think the fact that you've returned to post so many times is obvious proof that this story is legitimate. That's honestly not an attack on you - I'm just saying go and read through the Hoax folder and see how long some of those go for. I don't get it myself, but it really does happen a lot...

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by starlitestarbrite

The only thing I did was resize it, only because it was 4320x3240 and ATS wont let me download it.

OK - I hate to sound argumentative here, but the date stamp on the photo says Christmas Eve at 11.18pm. According to you:

This occured at 3 am i cant remember if my parents took the picture then or waited till morning. Although i cant really prove this im trying.. 3 am christmas morning my parents heard a crash in the kitchen, they went to look around and after a while mom opened the cabinet and saw this. The pans are normally on the left of the margarita bottles and behind them i think, these lids had to have been moved in between the bottles at 3 am.

I know, I know... camera times can be wrong... I get it... happens all the time...

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Thanks for the input. I cannot prove anything of my sister and brother-in-law. I wont lie about that, you all are going to have to take my word for it. You are addressing my pots and pans photo the whole time in the last paragraph, correct. I assume while you were typing that, I did upload, want to know how? That was an original and I figured out how to revert back. I have no clue about exif or anything, I only even know what that is since the thread started when other people said it. I appreciate the polite way of saying all of that, I am contributing as best as I can. Thank you for contributing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

I didn't realize she took it afterwards, my bad. They took it after going to sleep, that being said, this was still Christmas of 2010, and everything else lines up. I couldn't have planted it there, two years ago I didn't know about this thread.
Have a good day. You have to understand that at 3 o'clock when it happened, that's pretty early. They went back to bed and woke up. It still happened though as you can see, I just got when it happened to when they took the picture mixed up i honestly didn't look at the picture time because I believed my own story.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Well hush my mouth ... that's me put in my place

The fact that the OP never insisted the guy in the photograph was a 100% all singing / all dancing / all hanging 'ghost' ... he simply asked for people to take a look at it and offer their opinion and suggestions etc ... and for some reason this seems to be like waving a red rag at a bull to the skeptics and naysayers (there is a difference between the two ... the guy your post is defending is definately a 'naysayer' ... if what you say about welcoming evidence is true then you are a 'skeptic') ... there have been at least two people on here who have 'interegated' the OP with a gusto that the Gestapo would have been proud of ... and dammit if the kid (yes remember the OP is 16yrs old) has stood his ground and taken on all comers ... and surely even a skeptic has to admit that that is at least something that many in his position would have turned tail and run for the hills pages ago.

Now I for one believe the OP's account of event's ... is the guy in the picture a 'ghost' ... who knows (it can't be proven remember) ... but I don't think the borderline bullying onslaught of questioning by a couple of members is anything to be proud of and says a lot about their true character ... likewise the OP's polite and accomodating responses says a lot about his character too (he has gone above and beyond what most members would have done)... and unfortunately the 'questioners' are left wanting ... but that's just my opinion of course.

Let's keep looking for the proof and hard evidence from both sides of the fence so that even the non-experiencers can finally see the reality of the paranormal ... but let's teach the naysayers how to be civil and if you are a true skeptic you should be encouraging them to do that too ... a naysayer is to a skeptic what a charlatan is to a genuine experiencer.

Woody

I see it a little differently because i think i can spot a clear bias in him already believing it's a Ghost - and not really be interested in a "neutral" debate.

You can see this by reading his replies...eg. when someone suggests a "esoteric" variant like investigating the history of the house etc..he is all ears...and if someone points out that there is nothing paranormal about the photo etc. he urges them to re-read what he said because their conclusion must be "wrong".

Even worse, when others chime in with more or less rude replies that they should leave the thread just by stating an opposite point of view or outright claiming they don't believe the story or the OP.

Here is the deal: I think that the OP does not know more than anyone else - if anything, after reading the pages in the thread it looks to me he was not even present when this photo was taken (that's at least the impression i have) - when did he say HE WAS THERE when the photo was taken..being positive there was non one in the room etc? But this didn't happen. Instead, the OP seems more like repeating what he heard from his mama, basing the entire case on what he was told or heard from his mom - so, he isn't even a first-hand "witness" really.

And some points from the "skeptics" pointed out so far were interesting, for example why the kid was present on Christmas, but no other relatives..why the dad was on a business trip on Christmas...and why uncle/aunt dropped off a kid on CHRISTMAS but were not present while their kid opened presents. And why it would be unlikely according to OP that any of those relatives would show up, maybe even unnoticed by whoever took the picture - especially since we can assume the OP was not even there when the pic was taken.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join