It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Day Unknown Man Photo(updated version)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
A couple more adjustments of our mystery man:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Nobody is away on Xmas day on a business trip. No one.
]

Really? Because I have been away from home, working, on three out of the last ten Christmas's (travelling on the 3rd time and arriving back, like OP's father, late in the evening).

But if you say so, I must have imagined it.......

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

OP--

Can you tell me what date this picture was taken?

EXIF data says it was taken on Christmas day:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

OP--

Can you tell me what date this picture was taken?

First you said it was taken Xmas day and you were all opening your presents.

Then when I questioned you about your Dad being away on a business trip on Christmas day (kind of unusual to be away on a business trip on Xmas day, unless you're Santa), you gave me the dates he was away as the 23 and 24th, and then you sort of added that he came home on Xmas day later in the day.
So, which is it?

Was he away on the 23 and 24? Or on Xmas day? Or was he away on the 23, 24th, and also on Xmas day, coming home on Xmas day after you all opened your presents?

Nobody is away on Xmas day on a business trip. No one. Not in America. Not for a flavoring company, and not for any other company I can think of.

This discrepancy bothers me---because if you can't be honest about the dates (and you haven't been) how do we trust you about the picture?

Here's what you said---which actually doesn't make any sense because Xmas day is always the 25th:

"Arkansas! And he had to miss it because of his company, he came home later that day, so he still spent Christmas with us. It was a two day (23-24) meeting, he works for a flavor company."

edit on 25-7-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

Believe it or not, people do work on Christmas. In fact, I have been with my husband for four years and last Christmas was the first one he hasn't worked. And yes, we live in America

I believe what the op means is that his father had a business meeting on the 23rd and 24th. He was probably traveling Christmas morning and returned home that afternoon/evening. But that is just what I assumed from what he said.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Hi Pressthebutton

I cannot tell you exactly what is in the photo, I am not expert enough. But I thought I would tell you about an experience I had as a child.

Back in the 70's when I was a child, I lived in an old shop, my bedroom was the attic (It was a nice bright attic, not dusty or creepy place) One morning I woke up and was laying in the bed in no rush to get up. When a man entered the room, he was not 'ethereal' or ghostly in any way. He had brown hair, light blue t shirt, pair of jeans on. He stepped into the room turned and looked at me and scared the crap out of me, so much so I dived under my covers and did not move for over two hours I was so scared.

Now this could be explained in many ways, however when this man stepped into the room, he did so by stepping out of a grandmother clock (like a grandfather clock, only it is smaller and attached to the wall, not free standing like the grandfather clock) This clock was attached to an external wall with no door and that wall was 3 stories high. The clock was only about 30 inches tall and a depth of about 6 inches so no one could of hidden inside it.

I am not saying this confirms your photo, but just to point out that not all apparitions seem vaporous or ghostly, the one I saw seemed quite normal. You will get many detractors on here, it is the nature of the site, and quite right too. However some can be overly rude and disparaging, but don't lose heart.

By the way I did find out what my apparition was, but that is for another day and I don't wish to detract from your thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Thank you so much for all your work, patience and time in bringing this research to ATS. I have enjoyed this thread greatly and the many contributions. Well done Pressthebutton et. al.!

One word of caution I would pass on is on a suggestion made pages ago to bring your mother on ATS as a member. If someone is not familiar with the posting styles seen on a site like ATS, then this place can be hostile and unwelcoming to a newby who jumps in the middle of a hot thread like this one. They are immediately cross examined and that can be a tough introduction. What I would suggest to you instead is - be prepared to voice record and take notes and "interview" your mother again about the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How about this photo and her other experiences and then share that information for her in a post. You will also likely learn things you did not already know from her that may help shed light on this photo. I don't mean necessarily "debunking" things, but rather further details or her impressions that you just haven't shared with one another yet.

If you are interested in a freaky video a family member of mine captured and I brought to ATS a while back (and you have a slow night : ) watch this video. It gets interesting around the 2:10 mark.

The ATS thread that I invited family members to participate in and they had a few rough encounters on is here -

Ghost rides rocking horse

They survived, they just think ATS has a few bullies...and we do. They didn't choose to hang out here on the ATS playground after the thread wound down much and I wasn't surprised. The good folks and the helpful folks far outweigh the "not having a good day and sharing it" crowd here though so hang in there!

I will also add that unlike your situation - the subject of the video capture is not visible; which also makes what you have shared very interesting. And yes....visit your local historical society and see what more you can learn about the history and people of your area and do please share anything you find!

I will continue to follow along and thank you again, so much, for taking the time to answer everyone's questions and help in the exploration of this topic. Awesome job!

P.S. Hope you have a great vacation!

edit on 25-7-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

As much as I hate this, my mother cropped and deleted the original, but there was nothing special about it, mainly just a little but more of my nephew I can assure you. She didn't take anything away from the picture that would be important because the man was so important to her.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I think ghosts can manifest in any way they choose to be seen, and it seems natural to choose the way they were in life. To me, at least. People I know who see these things regularly tell me that spirits of the deceased almost always attend their own funerals. They appear, usually near the casket, and observe. But the relevant thing is that they are clothed and look young and radiant, not sick or old.

In the case of what is known as a residual haunting, they seem to be more of a looping scene from the past playing over and over in some weird glitch. I'm not sure that type of event is anything more than an echo that is somehow detectable by sensitive people who happen to be nearby. In the case of residual stuff, people can see whole scenes with things such as horses and carriages, buildings no longer present, and other non-human, non-living things included in the vision.

I'm not doubting the truthfulness of the OP, and appreciate his efforts to describe the events of the day the shot was taken. I am NOT a skeptic, and have had enough paranormal experiences to convince me not to be. I believe that there may be things going on in the house based on his mother's experiences.

Given all that, I still have to hold that the image is of a living person. Unless the 'ghost' was made of solid matter that could both block and reflect light like a real person, this was not a ghost.

The poster who mentioned that only he could see the apparition of the workman hit an important point. Ghosts and spirits are sensed by those who have this ability. I think most of us do not. Yes, they are around. Yes, they can be seen, but only if your sixth sense is strong.

A camera has no sixth sense. It's a tool that measures light. Period. For the image to register, then there had to be real light being reflected and deflected by real objects.

I don't have the answer as to who this was. But I think there might have been a forgotten person who just dropped by for some insignificant reason? There's got to be an answer here. But paranormal doesn't sit right for me with this particular image.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

That's possible, and no he wasn't rescued, he was bred in a very nice area.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bigern

I am trying to do everything possible to get this across. The "this is too good to be true" stuff really is frustrating. If i had uploaded a picture 10x blurrier and distorted you would be telling me it's too blurry, but when someone gets a semi clear photo, now it's too good. What in your opinion is the best photo?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

The point of this "debate" for me isn't about if this man is real or not. For me it's finding out more about this man, and what he did. I'm not concerned with debunking it, after 7 months of thinking I would know if someone was here that day. I just want to know more about him.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The man is clearly blocked out light from the door which is shown on the toy the 3 year old is playing with, it's then easy to say you never saw this man with your own eyes, sorry but I think this is all bull.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

I am aware of how many people were there. And if I forgot, my mother would certainly remember. There were only 3 of us. I promise I would remember if someone stopped by. We weren't having a Christmas party of anything.
Thanks for posting a contribution

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Will do! And we are leaving for vacation today, she is pretty busy for me to introduce her to ATS but I'll certainly work on it. Thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Interesting, and I'm trying to keep my case strong. It wouldn't be ATS if there werent debunkers... More power to them.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Yes, thanks for the support. My father returned home around 4 o'clock that day(25th)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
One other question and then it's back to lurker mode for me

Did anyone receive a gift this Christmas that was old? An antique passed on, a treasure found and gifted from e-bay, an old toy passed down? In our family's experience - the "not normal" happening seemed to be connected to an old toy that had been purchased at a yard sale in another state which was the rocking horse. Thanks again for your responses!

Peace.

edit on 25-7-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Thanks for the contribution!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Not that I know of other than my code of arms and there is a new toy that always goes off soemodays randomly. I have dream catchers made by Indians if that counts... Lol

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Is the toy that goes off randomly visible in this photo or was it in the room this day? Was this toy given this Christmas or was it already in the house before that?

Thanks again for the information! Sorry to pepper you with questions - but if this happening is related to something "new" to the home then you may not learn anything by studying the history of the area in which you live. Interesting thread!

Enjoy vacation - it's off to work for moi.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join