It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temporal Illusion - Diagnosing Jame Holmes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
As with all mass killers the public has macabre enthrallment with the individuals concerned as we attempt to fathom their actions and try to understand the rhyme and reason of the horrific events such as what took place in Columbine all those years ago.

During science camp at a community college in San Diego six years ago, Holmes focused on temporal illusion, a distortion in perception that he described as “an illusion that allows you to change the past,” according to a video of a presentation released yesterday by ABC News. Source

I wondered what temporal illusion was about so I had a look around the internet for explanations, not only for the subject itself but as to how such studies might have effected James Holmes to trigger what he has done.

1. What we think can be real (at least partly) determines a judgement that something is illusory.

2. What we think can be experienced also (at least partly) determines a judgement that something is illusory. Source

?Was Holmes in a state of self-hypnosis bought on from his studies in this subject, a kind of test his own theories on the perception of how others would perceive the traumatic event he initiated. To test how much truth can be recollected of his actions and highlight the false-memory syndrome.

Early descriptions of schizophrenia stress disturbances in self-processing [1], and some posit that altered sense of self is central to both positive and negative symptomatology [2]. Anomalous self-awareness is evident in passivity phenomena, in which the patient does not experience himself as the agent of his actions, instead attributing them to an external source. Disturbances in self-processing in schizophrenia have been discussed in the psychoanalytic tradition [3], but do not easily lend themselves to empirical study. Source

?Was Holmes a victim of his own studies and could or would he use this method as a defense of his actions. Weather rightly or wrongly that he should be allowed to plead insanity for his crimes it is certain to factor in his diminished career and study prospects before he became a killer as well as the recent break-up of his relationship with his girlfriend. Rejection can do some strange thing to people, even to this kind of extreme.

The salience hypothesis of psychosis rests on a simple but profound observation that subtle alterations in the way that we perceive and experience stimuli have important consequences for how important these stimuli become for us, how much they draw our attention, how they embed themselves in our memory and, ultimately, how they shape our beliefs. We put forward the idea that a classical memory illusion – the Deese–Roediger–McDermott (DRM) effect – offers a useful way of exploring processes related to such aberrant belief formation. The illusion occurs when, as a consequence of its relationship to previous stimuli, a stimulus that has not previously been presented is falsely remembered. Such illusory familiarity is thought to be generated by the surprising fluency with which the stimulus is processed. In this respect, the illusion relates directly to the salience hypothesis and may share common cognitive underpinnings with aberrations of perception and attribution that are found in psychosis. In this paper, we explore the theoretical importance of this experimentally-induced illusion in relation to the salience model of psychosis. We present data showing that, in healthy volunteers, the illusion relates directly to self reported anomalies of experience and magical thinking. We discuss this finding in terms of the salience hypothesis and of a broader Bayesian framework of perception and cognition which emphasizes the salience both of predictable and unpredictable experiences. Source

Again I put forward that Holmes had become increasingly obsessed with his research to an extent that his sense of the self became skewed, altering his values and morals, not only of himself but those of the rest of the world. During the time he was killing he was experiencing the ultimate extreme liberation of being free from the confines of moral society, to kill without remorse or pity and watch the prey cower in fear and confusion.

Could this act of utter violence against his fellow Americans have been a mere scientific experiment conjured up by who the media afterwards called " the Joker " ? The temporal illusion somehow relates to the awereness of time or the balance between real time and spirtual time. I am no neuro scientist like James Holmes was studying to become so I can only speculate on the grand meaning of what a temporal illusion is. I believe that an example of a temporal illusion is seen in the case of the tree that falls in the forest and whether or not it makes a noise. Source

The article from 2012 seems to lend credit to my idea that somehow and someway he was used by factions of DARPA, a governmental department with a infamous history of human interference and control and Holmes himself WAS the experiment.

It is in the interest of political power to keep people from seeing the horrors of today. Whatever is happening in the now can be settled in the future — a little more power granted government, and the future is safe. We do not really care about the thousands of dead American soldiers on foreign soil as long as we have our eyes fixed on the possibility of a future terrorist attack. We don't really care about our rights going down the drain if we have our minds on possible horrors in the future. What are dead soldiers and rights anyway, if we believe someone we know could be killed or harmed in the future — especially if dead soldiers and annulled rights might establish control of the future? Source

It is a good chance that Holmes may I read this short article, written by Per Bylund among others of a similar nature which might have influenced his thoughts and actions over time. I have highlighted and bought to attention only a few evidence of conspiracy indicators which would require a further scope of scrutiny and ideas from other ATS members. Thanks for reading and posting comments.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The guy barevik(spelling:puz
who killed 69 people in norway in one of his testimonies in court spoke of training himself to disconnect completely from remorse. I will try find a link for you. Could be the same principle?
Good post by the way.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
S&F 4u, very nice theard,very informitive
and a very interesting subject.i 100% agree that his studies of the subject could have very much led him to this insident/experiment(in his head).deffenetly will b doing more reserch into the subject at hand.
edit on 23-7-2012 by thirdeye3spiral because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I hate to get this conspiracy related but... maybe he was programmed for this. Like MK-Ultra style. Sure, maybe he was a little off of his rocker too, but that would just make him an even more ideal subject for such mental programming. I hate to think like that but all the "false flag" theories are starting to get to me. Regardless, good thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
you are somewhat on the right track
yes

but it goes a lot deeper into cartoon land to even where many PhDs and DARPA employees would say "NONSENSE"

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Nice write up, but I disagree to a point.

I believe James Holmes was influenced by the establishment either directly as a patsy or indirectly.

I know most, if not all, will disagree with me stating that this has nothing to do with 9/11 and 7/7, but IMO it does. I believe this is at the core of this particular case. The reason being is that there is something rotten at the core of humanity, at the top of the pyramid, and this reflects on the whole of society and everyone in it.

It is this fungus that is spreading throughout society and will continue to do so. Its even spreading through the police as we see everyday now.

I believe many people now have the notion, if it's OK for the government to kill thousands then why can't they?

The truth is, there is so much evidence that the government is carrying out false flag attacks on their own people and many people believe the government is leading by example. I know it is difficult to understand, but we must bear in mind that everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone thinks in a different way. We may come to the same conclusions, we may have the same ideas but our thought processes are individual not collective.

Until this rotten core is cut out from humanity I know we are going to see a great deal more of this behavior.

I hope that's understandable for everyone.

Basically, I believe Holmes looked up to the establishment at one point in time, he must have to go to University and do well. IMO I think he may well believe he was just following in the footsteps of the government whom he once looked up to.

best regards

TMW

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Found this on the Fox News website reporting on how Holmes would be evaluated by psychiatrists.

James Holmes, the suspect responsible for the worst mass shooting in U.S. history, has begun a legal journey that will include an extensive psychiatric evaluation and may include a plea that he is not criminally responsible for his acts--an "insanity" plea. As a forensic psychiatrist, I have participated in many such evaluations and then rendered expert testimony about killers in court. Read more: www.foxnews.com... Source

I'm looking forward to hearing the results.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I beleive they're MSM and Holmes was Programmed to say this so another witchhunt could start...right now if you claim to have experienced this phenomena be prepared to be tied up to large stakes and burned at them, this is the governments plans to start the culling....people the world will turn a blind eye to getting beaten in the streets...the "Terrorists" was the first now these people (Who most would say are nuts) are the second...keep turning a blind eye next it will be your clique unless you have money to wipe your a** with. They're the only safe mofo's in this scenario...you gotta have money pouring out your anus to survive this culling. There is absolutely no hope for the human race when the only remaining ones will be greedy self serving whores.
edit on 27-7-2012 by ldyserenity because: word was wrong

edit on 27-7-2012 by ldyserenity because: ugh stupid darkness

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Looks like Holmes was suffering from schizophrenia, now the question still remains as to whether this was naturally occurring, brought on by his own studies/ interests/experiments or initiated by some outside body like DARPA/CIA

Source

new topics

top topics

join