It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A warning about the London Olympics ... From the Police Force.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Thanks bro! Yeah I have a similar feeling, I expect something to happen, but won't be shocked if/when it doesn't happen. I'm trying to enjoy my civil liberties while I still can! Be safe everyone!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Nothing will happen at the olympics and the fear mongers will have to latch onto the next big event for the "false flag !" i think some people on here are just overly paranoid and need to calm down a bit as your giving us all a bad name aka tin foil hat wearers,saying that though if somebody offered me a free ticket i wouldnt go..
edit on 25-7-2012 by amurphy245 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are there any other reasons why the police force would be informed to warn their relatives? I dont even think they would tell officers to keep their family safe. I dont want to say your lying but if nothing happens what else can be thought.
I doubt Police officers would be told to keep their family safe for a couple of reasons. Why would their superiors know? Nobody related to this information except yourself to make it public? Theres probably more but those points seem enough.

Edit: after seeing that link below, anyone feel like ringing them and asking?
edit on 25-7-2012 by ThoughtLinguist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk...

A crazy shot - but take a look at the above forum. It's a UK police forum and may contain hints of info.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Predicting something happening during this year's Olympics is not akin to predicting
a Niburu, a 9/11, an alien invasion, or Yellowstone earthquake.
If a terrorist group or person can find away to pull off an attack, they will.
That isn't a prediction. This is a world stage event, over many days. Nobody could provide 100% security.
Also, it is the 40th anniversary of Munich as well. Hezbollah knows that.
The Olympics provide a compelling target for more groups than we could list or might even know about.

People can certainly speculate the likelihood that security will fail or succeed, but no rational person is going to think that these Olympics are not on some crazy people's wish list of targets. It is what it is.

So if you say nothing is going to happen...then you are betting on the security....if you believe there will be an attack..then obviously you are betting on the terrorist or some other group to beat the security....Simple as that.

I bet on the security, but I also bet that the 40th anniversary will be marked by a terrorist attack on some Israeli's somewhere in the world to the extent that it will receive mass media attention during the Olympics of course and to those whack jobs, that will be the next best thing. They seek the world's attention and it doesn't matter if it is at the Olympics or somewhere else, as long as it gets the media to report it and cause a distraction and diminish the hopefulness of World community that the Olympics is suppose to foster.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WormR

Is it possible that the warning was just due to the fact that since there will be so many people from so many countries packed into a central location - the likelihood of crimes like pickpockets and robbers and other various thuggery just increases? I mean the more people there are in an area, the bigger the chance there is for "regular" criminal activity. It doesn't necessarily mean terrorists with bombs strapped to themselves or suitcase nukes or something, just more of a chance to get mugged.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I went to a BBQ yesterday and spoke to my friend who had broken his foot. He was due to work security for G4S at the Olympic site but akin to say, he cannot. He was sent a security pass for the site in the post, even though he cannot work.

This is a shambles!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
just wanted to give you guys a heads up to the new thread on the OLYMPICS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join