It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were We Founded As A Christian Nation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by mideast

reply to post by DarthMuerte

Submitting to Christ is the same thing as submitting to a tyrant.

It's submission.

Either way you're a slave, it's just a matter of whether or not you can see, touch, smell, hear or be slapped by the one you believe in.

~Tenth
edit on 7/23/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/23/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Bigotry is different than religion.

But faith is never coming inside the heart of a selfish man.

I'm sorry to see this , but it is what you have brought to yourself.

What bigotry? Where does this bigotry exist in my posts? Is disagreement with your religion and beliefs considered bigotry?

Your Ad-Hominem attacks against me are cute, but unfortunetely do not work on this "selfish" man.

Do you know what is selfish? Believing that your ideals and opinions are above everybody else's because some book told you they were. Faith is about loving everyone, regardless of their flaws, because it's not about you, it's about God.

He is the judge, you are not. I may not be "religious" but I was raised a Roman Catholic and know quite well the effects of blind faith and religious bigotry against those who don't agree.

Considering your post was an attack against me, for disagreeing with your beliefs, you have provided the bigotry, not anybody else.

~Tenth
edit on 7/24/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Why all this fight ? I didn't mean to start it. Sorry.

I don't know much about Roman Catholic , but I wanted to help by my percievments of religion.

There are not much.

Faith is some thing you accept by none-bigoted judging and lack of selfishness.

Rejecting all these achievements is called ignorance. And insisting on it is not bigotry , it is wise.

That was all.

be well.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I would agree except that having to "accept" a particular religion means non-acceptance and outright rejection of all others no?

I just don't see how that isn't selfish or bigotted.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by mideast

I would agree except that having to "accept" a particular religion means non-acceptance and outright rejection of all others no?

I just don't see how that isn't selfish or bigotted.

~Tenth

The truth is always the same. And rejecting is approved as long as some one has found the truth.

Otherwise it is bigoted

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

You may find this interesting reading. The Puritan Movement In The New World and it's connection to your Founding Fathers:-

press.princeton.edu...

In England Oliver Cromwell raised his "New Model Army" of Puritans during the English Civil War.There influence crossed the Atlantic in later years:-

endtimepilgrim.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

The truth is always the same. And rejecting is approved as long as some one has found the truth.

Otherwise it is bigoted

So, as long as I have found "the truth" (whatever that is), I can reject your religion and not be considered a bigot by you. But if I don't have "the truth", my rejection of your religion is "bigoted"? Is that what you're saying?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

You may find this interesting reading. The Puritan Movement In The New World and it's connection to your Founding Fathers:-

press.princeton.edu...

In England Oliver Cromwell raised his "New Model Army" of Puritans during the English Civil War.There influence crossed the Atlantic in later years:-

endtimepilgrim.org...

Seems you found a couple of really good books. I took time to read a variety of reviews on them.

Yep! Those Puritans were a pain in the butt and still are - - - as some of the Fundamental Southern Baptists are direct descendants.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by mideast

Otherwise it is bigoted

So, as long as I have found "the truth" (whatever that is), I can reject your religion and not be considered a bigot by you. But if I don't have "the truth", my rejection of your religion is "bigoted"? Is that what you're saying?

There is a common language among human beings called logic. As long as anything is supported by logic , it is truth.

Otherwise , it maybe observation which can be true or false.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If we ever were a Christian nation, we certainly ain't one now.

Just my opinion of course.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join