It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough With The Aurora Shooting Threads Already.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Alright, now we know this was a tragic incident and of course there is room for disscussion for it here on ATS; but does there really need to be thirty threads within 36 hours that deal with the same incident. Now I could understand two or three being out there discussing the different aspects of the case but most of what I see is regurgitated information that has already been posted in numerous threads, most of which could be contained in one thread. Where are the Moderators? And why are they not controlling this madness?

Some people love stars and flags so much, and they mean so much to them that they will find any way to make a thread about the incident because they know it will garner them the accolades that they seek. I wish ATS would just get rid of flag, star, and post counts. Then these issues would not arise as much. No wonder I tend to stay away from here when a big incident happens. Now just a guess/prediction, but I'm sure we will see at least ten more today, and half as many, if not more tomorrow. It happened with the Zimmerman case and it is happening once again.

I hope the mods get into action and tell the members to compile their information in one place. It would be much easier to sift through if they did rather than having to read thirty different threads. Does anyone else agree, or am I just crazy?

-Rant Over-

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I get your point though, and pretty much agree.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

agree...getting tired of 800 different perspectives of why it happened...it happened and it's tragic and god forbidding it may happen again..

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

I was just guestimating but I am probably not that far off.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The same thing happened after the BP oil spill and the earthquake
in Japan. It might take a bit but it'll die down after awhile.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

agree...getting tired of 800 different perspectives of why it happened...it happened and it's tragic and god forbidding it may happen again..

Deffinitelty. Each aspect does not need it's own thread. You would figure the Mods and Admins would be gettin pissed about the amount of server space they are all taking up but I guess maybe not.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
The same thing happened after the BP oil spill and the earthquake
in Japan. It might take a bit but it'll die down after awhile.

Yeah I know, I guess it just bugs me. Takes up too much space and other topics get forgotten or bypassed. I hate having to sift through th crap and the flag/star hunters to find the good threads.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Do what I do man...ignore all of them.
I haven't commented or even looked at any of them.
I have a "news" paper and read it.

The people sensationalizing this tragic event(or any of them like my example below) for stars and flags makes me a tad angry.

When a topic as hot as this comes along (example The Trayvon Martin shooting) I don't even bother to even look.
Everyone wants their slice of attention and I refuse to give them what they want.

I commented once on the Martin shooting and thats all I had to say.

No matter what the hot topic of the week is...don't fall prey to it.
Thats what trolls want you to do.

edit on 23-7-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I ussually do stay away from the hot topics as it usually just turns to bickering no matter the subject matter. I tend to find the more interesting threads to be the ones that don't garner the most attention. But I agree people that make threads about these subjects after the first few have been done are only doing so for their benifit and not for the true disccuassion of it. It makes me wonder, do people cry when they don't get the flags and stars they thought they should get? Are they really that important to them. I couldn;t care less about them but I can see how they appeal to the materialistic type of people that our scociety has created.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Are they really that important to them. I couldn't care less about them but I can see how they appeal to the materialistic type of people that our society has created.

Facebook=like and how many friends do I have.
Youtube=please comment,like and subscribe.
Twitter=follow me on twitter.
Ats=Please star and flag.

My answer...yes...yes it is that important to them.
I agree with you on this subject.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You must accept the way the site and it's members work and be patient until things calm down, they have to run their course. It happens with many breaking stories and there's nothing we can do about it except stop wasting peoples time and the site space with complaining about it.

cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Yes, ATS sure does get interesting after big events like these. Everyone wants to chime in, everyone knows something nobody else does, everyone had a strange feeling the day before, or knows a friend that knows someone that was there. It makes for some fascinating, and yes sometimes repetitive, reading. And it will always be like that for every big event that happens. Nothing is going to change that, for better or worse.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And what do you know. Since I posted this four more have come out and each and every one of them could have been posted under any of the ongoing threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure more will keep coming. Later on tonight when I have some time I will link every thread regaurding this incident in this thread so the rediculousness can be seen more clearly.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

You must accept the way the site and it's members work and be patient until things calm down, they have to run their course. It happens with many breaking stories and there's nothing we can do about it except stop wasting peoples time and the site space with complaining about it.

cheers

What is wasting more space? Twenty threads on the same subject, or one short rant?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I see absolutely no problem with 3 of those threads (and the 4th just needs a little bit more information).

Yes I could return to the original thread on this incident, but my job finding the "good posts" would be much harder than yours. I would have to wade through at least 30 pages of back and forth nonsense "guns are bad" - "no guns are good" - "no they're bad" - "no they're good" - and all the worthwhile comments are then buried and generally ignored.

On the bright side, as others have said, this will fade out, the threads will disappear, and life will go on. At least until some other whackjob does something stupid to hurt people.

Anyway, don't you already know what you want to read about when you come to ATS? Search is my best friend on this site. I rarely wade through any specific forum topics.

I get the "top 5" of my Favorite forums on myATS (which is also my landing page), then on occassion I check fire hoses, and if I'm really really really really bored, then I wade through a specific forum (pretty sure I can count how many times on one hand).

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
What is wasting more space? Twenty threads on the same subject, or one short rant?

The one short rant of course!

Those threads would still be here with or without your rant thread.

You added +1 to the spam pile along with many before and many to come.

If you were serious about anything but getting attention then you would be posting links to the first original stories in all the duplicate threads you see.

But ATS seems to be for you and your needs, so you complained instead of being part of something bigger..

What happened to the ATS motto? DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Preach it man, I counted 12 threads within the first few hours and my head damn near exploded.

I was going to post a rant bitching about it yesterday, but I didn't want to contribute to the madness.

There are 26 threads on the New Topic Fire-Hose from the last 24 hours.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

If you were serious about anything but getting attention then you would be posting links to the first original stories in all the duplicate threads you see.

If I am not correct then that would be the Moderators job, not mine. Besides I don't have time to do that every hour for the next week.

But ATS seems to be for you and your needs, so you complained instead of being part of something bigger.

Never said that but believe what you must. I was just ranting, in the Rant Forumn where I am free to do so. I notice that others agree with me, and I'm sure some agree with you.

And you are calling this ignorant, or should I refraise and say not denying ignorance. I think it would be ignorant for all the fools who repeat posts just for stars and flags and their own happy feelings then.

new topics

top topics

join