It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Religion, what you honestly think?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sopheruk
in my mind all religions are absolute b.s

sorry
but if theres a god wouldnt he answer you when you call for help

Says who?

Maybe your conception of God is flawed. Maybe your psychological posture towards God is psi-inhibitive. Maybe in the long run whats best for people who don't get help is to fall flat on their face?

"Where you stumble and fall, there you will find gold." -Joseph Campbell

edit on 24-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
cosmism.com... There are all kinds of ways to WOrship the universe and its perceptions of creation.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

sorry

In theory He would answer, but our sins separate us from Him. God spoke to me once, and only after a long session of repentance and weeping in which I emptied myself completely. He then lined me out about some issues in my life, and His message was confirmed by later events. What we call "conscience" is also Him speaking, I think. Do not call on Him in your ego, but fast, pray, and empty yourself of yourself. God's voice is not a public-address speaker, it is an earbud, so often hard to hear.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Originally posted by Seagurt
I am looking to share some thoughts on what people believe to be the "True" religion, Let us try to find common ideals, within other religions, and perhaps we can shed some light on why you believe your belief system to be the "True" religion.

None of this "My diety tells me so" I am looking for factual evidence of why one belief trumps another. I may also add that I have no set belief system, save for being the best person that I can be, understanding, compassionate and helpful.

All opinions are welcome, except for racist/biggoted/ignorant beliefs, unless that is what your faith preaches... hmm, that would be interesting, seeing that argument.

Anyway, I encourage people to try and learn from different systems, as this is not a competition, and we can mutually benefit from seeing a bigger picture.

This is truly the sign of end of times. people try to find a solution themselves.

But I hope they understand their weakness in gathering facts , and weakness in connecting and resulting from the facts.

BTW , it maybe take years , or less than a year.

It is only from within you can find true proof and understanding from god. Not from outside listening to old conditioning from dogmaviews that clearly have not worked in the past since Heaven is not here for all souls yeet. I am of no religon and will never be following smallminded dogma of duality if you preach it. That weakness of having to follow other peoples views of god is an illussion/lie. Need is the key. When you need answers then you get/find answers and if I want/need help interperting them then I will ask.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

sorry

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear,”
Need is the key but that kind of need is extreme. It took 36 years for me to get an answer but the answer was very informative and lifechanging. We all have our road to walk and no one can do it for you. I am sometimes very angry at god and for very good reasons that god knows all about.

Well I remember, I remember dont worry
How could I ever forget, its the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up, no you dont fool me
The hurt doesnt show; but the pain still grows
Its no stranger to you or me

edit on 24-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

sorry

Riiiight because God is like a phone operator? Just dial '0'?

2nd grade logic of cause/effect when it comes to the topic of a supreme being is like bringing nothing but a screwdriver with you to build a house...

Not to mention your logic is based off of your opinion and basically puts God into the mold of humans. Humans answer when you call for help, but if you don't take the time to study God then you'll be stuck at that very same red light for the rest of your life.

Not to mention that if you don't believe in any religions, then this thread wasn't for you in the first place, and you should have kept it moving.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Zeus spoke to you??? I thought I was the only one

May Zeus's great beard grace you with good fortune, fellow follower.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Search for yourself or use the approaches that include many answers.

I don't claim I have the ultimate true perception , but I suggest you do continue your journey.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Worshiping the sun sort of makes sense since without it there wouldn't be much (if any) life on our planet. However, I don't think the sun really cares if we worship it or not

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
True Religion with facts:

Science - As it is the only religion that can arrogantly deny other religions

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The Religion of Silence is the truest religion.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Move right along, sir. You are on the right track. Learn from all perspectives, it is only then that you can see the whole.
edit on 24-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

What about all of the many Tribal and Local Religions that came years before Christians came along? Some of you talk like they didn't have any religion before that. Look up the Religion of Sumer. While you are researching that, look at all of the parallels with Christianity.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

No, I think you dial "666." That's the direct line, I'm told.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Not to mention your logic is based off of your opinion and basically puts God into the mold of humans.

Yes, they do humanize their God, and that makes me wonder.....Christians humanize God so much they made him into a man, and they worship this man. I'm sure God really love that.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Search for yourself or use the approaches that include many answers.

I don't claim I have the ultimate true perception , but I suggest you do continue your journey.

I do. I always ask to much and sometimes I get to know stuff that is uncomfortable for my human perceptions/mind. If you ever become a mystic if you are not already then my advice is to be openminded if you find tools in other religons/cultures that your priests might not approve off. You can follow it or not it is up to you. I promise you there is levels to understand god/Allah and difference in how much proof you are allowed for yourself from him. Always seek and you shall find like you said above in your own way. Happy finding soulbrother.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

No, I think you dial "666." That's the direct line, I'm told.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Not to mention your logic is based off of your opinion and basically puts God into the mold of humans.

Yes, they do humanize their God, and that makes me wonder.....Christians humanize God so much they made him into a man, and they worship this man. I'm sure God really love that.

I find that very funny
. They should turn on the radio/pineal gland and follow the synchronicity. By the way if you know any way to percieve things outside 3D that is not out of body experiance then I would appriciate a hint or suggestion. I have something I wanna see/know more about but do not have the tools to see it yeet and I have not been able to get out of body. I think I have a blindness/lack a skill that I cant shake. I can feel the effect with my body but would like to examine it more to figure out how it really works.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

sorry

then why do you call him in your private and helpless !

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes9

sorry

then why do you call him in your private and helpless !

maybe his helplessness is awaiting , or maybe he\she has forgotten.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

sorry

2nd grade logic of cause/effect when it comes to the topic of a supreme being is like bringing nothing but a screwdriver with you to build a house...

Not to mention your logic is based off of your opinion and basically puts God into the mold of humans. Humans answer when you call for help, but if you don't take the time to study God then you'll be stuck at that very same red light for the rest of your life.

Not to mention that if you don't believe in any religions, then this thread wasn't for you in the first place, and you should have kept it moving.

Yep, because its far more logical to believe you can telepathically communicate with this god one way, even though he's allegedly all powerful he cannot respond back. Prayer is ONE WAY conversation. Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't, but its certainly not because you appealed to a magical creator god that listens to billions of requests every day then picks and chooses which one to fulfill. It's silly. Free your mind.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't think any religion has it right, every religion breaks it down to bits and peices to suit themselves and in return the meaning gets lost along the way and becomes a power struggle. I think religion is word that humans use to distance them selves and divide those they wish not have in their group and this world is an ugly world full of hate and racism because of these walls. A lot of good people out there and some are homeless and some are starving and some have givin there lives to feed themselves. War is another reason why we fail and I know many brave souls have been lost to war, my grandfather made it home but sadly some have not. Brothers and sisters killing each other over land, oil and materialism.

I too was willing to give my life to war but my father wouldn't allow it and so I respected his decision and to this I am glad I took his advice because I was young man wanting to shoot guns and raise a little hell. Rulers only want the money to lead the people and no intension on following through on there campaign speeches and have no real power to even do a damn thing. I think we need to become a family as a planet and not as a religion because if we follow the teachings of our parents we become more wise with others feeling and the needs of others. I remember what my father said when the cops came to our door searching for me and I know I didn't do nothing but he still said take him away if he is gonna live like that and made a little angry that he would say that and not care. I know now it was to teach me that if that's the path I want to follow and that's a path you take alone. I see children to day and young adults and all act like babies, spoiled heartless and given everything in order to keep them silent, the young know they wont get punished for their actions so they become murderers and rapists because they only get a slap in the wrist. So religion is like a child that is spoiled and is not willing to share things that would better another person, religion is like money and if you are greedy you are not likely to share it and if that's the road it takes well then it's a path that will split into different ways.

edit on 26-7-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join