It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Religion, what you honestly think?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Jesus' exact dialogue, nothing more, nothing less, is the only part of the Bible that teaches anything about love. The rest of it is trash.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

my position is that early man considered Nature and the irristible forces of climate/Earth as the fountain-head ...or the God entity...
& formalized 'religion' evolved from that Pagan origin

Shamans were the first 'Priests' 'doctors' 'pyrchologists' 'care-givers'...(both male & female Shamans in touch with the Spirit World)

Winged Angels were derived from some select Shamans that wore feathered outfits which recalled the spirits of the ' Vultures' which carried away the dead's remains into the heavens

religion, as the Communists say is just ' the opiate for the masses'

edit on 23-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Religions do not "point in the same direction", they are by their very nature at odds with each other. That should be a big red flag right there but people will keep their fingers firmly in their ears. It's only when people grossly water down the scripture to the point of some vague, undefined notion of "being one" that parallels can be drawn. However, I could water down Moby Dick enough to draw parallels between it and... well, pretty much anything.

Belive what you want. Your answer proves that you are still playing around with duality.

If I was born 10000 years ago on this planet as my spirit is now then I would be able to find myself home (with much help) whatever spiritual knowledge existed then. It is not the religon that is seeking the way home. It is my core that is the seeker of hidden thruth and getting answer from something more. The religious views are only a map showing the directions. If you cannot understand the map then the map becomes useless. The map/religon is a stimulant to make the core remember things it knew before and bring it to the mind so you can continue understanding more.

In 100000 years all religons that are here know will be gone but people will still find the oneness/the knowledge/christ conciousness to go home. Religons are in a way idols for the nondualistic reality behind everything. They are views of the whole but not showing all facets of the whole.
edit on 23-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Religions do not "point in the same direction", they are by their very nature at odds with each other.

Sorry, but comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism prove you wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I'm sorry but the actual scripture proves you wrong. I know it's nice to hold hands and sing around the campfire but religion is not the vessel for that, it is a virus that divides and stagnates humanity.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I'm sorry but the actual scripture proves you wrong. I know it's nice to hold hands and sing around the campfire but religion is not the vessel for that, it is a virus that divides and stagnates humanity.

From my point of view what you are describing is human smallmindness duality perception of reality in all forms be it religon/culture/political life/racism/nationalism. Religous smallminded views are only part of the problem and normaly the fault lies in the practitioners not understanding what the spiritual knowledge is saying.

A true Christian is meant to love all soulbrothers and soulsisters even those with opposite views. And the true christians are of all religious views and no religon(atheists). Being a true Christian is not about what you belive but what you are at the core and how you behave.
edit on 23-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Actually, it doesn't. I know its nice to have something to grind an axe for, but the evidence against you is too strong. I don't expect you to believe that until you have actually put your axe down and studied the comparative fields for years.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that all man made religions are wrong in one aspect or another. There's no "true" religion, but there is empathy, tolerance and benevolence. Essentially that is all that matters, but the decision is always up to the individual and not the belief system. Many religions have great morals and convictions, but many were also originally spread by the sword. There are probably pieces of truth in each one, but I think that Taoism probably has it the closest. After that Apache natives and other similar philosophies that talk about the spirit that moves all things.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

If they are all wrong in one aspect or another, then it stands to reason that they are all right in one aspect or another. The trick is to extract the right and put it all together in your heart, with the help of Divine Grace and Divine Wisdom. And of course with the help of comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism. Real live academic fields of study that give tremendous insight and clear up the sorts of questions that baffle people and lead to atheism and scientism.

edit on 23-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

And I don't expect you to believe that religion has eroded your critical thinking skills and objectivity so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I don't believe in a "true" religion. I believe in a more logical religion to help me achieve my goal. If one has a different goal, he may require a different religion.

Therefore I have to define my goal. So, what's my goal? My goal is to attain a higher experience. I don't want to simply not exist after I die and not experience anything. I don't want to go the Karma route and relive life 800 times doing the same thing over and over to pay off some debt I don't owe. I've already lived, I've already experienced that. If there is a higher level, why do this level again? Do you just want to play level 1 of your favorite game forever and never progress?

I want to go to the next level. Christianity is the most logical way to allow me to do that without failing. In fact Christianity at its core isn't even a religion. The Vatican and other churches and cults have strapped religions on top of it, but let's look at the core belief.

Other religions are about a system of works to get closer to God. Pray the correct amount of times facing the correct directions and do the right prayers and blood sacrifices and live on top of the right mountain and maybe God will let you in if you're 51% good the day you die.

Or maybe God will make you live 20 more times to pay off some karmic debt you can't pay. But that's not possible. Karma works exactly like the Federal Reserve. If I create more karma every time I live, how can I ever pay off my karma? I'll just create more every time I live.

Also, what if I mess up and sin? What if I don't think and I steal something or lie? Is there a way out? Or am I doomed to Hell for ever? Do I have to do more prayers and rituals to pay for my sin? Do I constantly have to perform blood sacrifices to pay for my sins until I work my way back up to 51% good? I'm not progressing as a person. I'm just repeating a pattern. I'm not getting to the next level.

But what if I told you the first level was just an intro level? What if I told you the first level isn't even SUPPOSED to be beaten? The point of the first level was for someone else to show you the door to level 2? That you can go onto level 2 whenever you want? That the only reason you're stuck in level 1 is because you don't trust the guy showing you the exit door?

Christianity is different. Christianity tells us that sin wise we have a flesh nature and there's nothing in our power we can do to fix it. It can be fixed, but only with help. The more we try to save ourselves, the farther away from God we actually get. The more absurd our rituals get and the larger our karmic deficit grows. And no matter how hard you try you're just sinking farther. We're not saved by works, but save by faith in Jesus and what he can do. We're stuck in quicksand. Jesus is the rope.

In Christianity we don't hang our own rope. It's not a system of beliefs about how to get closer to God. It's a story about how God got closer to us instead. He does all the work to save us. God came down and lived as a human, died to save us, and then rose from the dead to prove it. He did ALL THE WORK. He beat the level for us. In every other religion you're trying to get God to notice you. In Christianity God is trying to get you to notice him.

Also, since he's God there is no chance of failure. I've already been saved, my karma is already payed off. I don't have to do absurd rituals, prayers, and blood sacrifices that I may mess up. It's all already done thousands of years ago. It's a sure bet. I can't lose. The door is right there. I just have to trust the guy holding it open for me and not go through the other doors.

Therefore, it's more logical because it works better than any other religion. I can't fail because I'm not the hero. The hero in this story and has already come, saved me, and collected 100 percent of the treasure.

edit on 23-7-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

In my true religion everyone would worship Mother Earth. We need earth, earth doesn't need us. No matter what we want to do, if it hurts the earth, we cannot do it.

1. Thou shalt not use nuclear weapons.

2. Thou shalt not manufacture anything where the waste product is no longer compatible with the earth.

3. Thou shalt not cause the extinction of any other species.

4. Thou shalt not drill for oil and risk an oil spill in the sea, nor shall you transport oil over the sea.

5. Thou shalt not destroy any forest or any living thing within those forests.

6. Thou shalt not consider any human need to be more important than the safety of the earth.

7. Thou shalt not experiment with anything in nature unless it is removed from nature and placed in a closed environment.
8. Thou shalt not tamper with any celestial object that plays a role in the survival of the earth (the moon or sun).

9. Thou shalt not transfer any organism, insect, or animal from one continent to another, be it for research or for a pet.

10. Thou shalt not strip away land for its natural resources without repairing and returning that land back to its previous condition.

edit on 7/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

true religion is the religion of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed and it is nothing but monotheism and Islam(submission to God) ! to believe in one God, it's prophets, the last day. so you can base your lifestyle on a firm stable believes and program your life since you have just a one chance to live in this world.
experimental science and wisdom is not enough !
edit on 24-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

And I don't expect you to believe that religion has eroded your critical thinking skills and objectivity so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

What do you do when your critical thinking and experiances points you towards being a spiritual person. I was anti religious until I had a fear overload amagydala episode that kinda made me very different. The body is a remarkable biological machine that have hidden abilities that most people do not know about.

Now I am anti smallminded religious dogma that comes from practitioners of religon not being able to understand what they read. If you wanna be openminded about what is reality then you can always test listening to chakra sounds and see for yourself if something changes within you. The body might not work 100% exactly like the knowledge of chakras say but it is close enought in my body to not make a difference for me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
i thought you knew there is only one religion..............The Force

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I believe...

In th beginning there was nothing...

It was the place where complete entropy and complete unity met...
A place where nothing mattered...

Then came the mystery...

The paradoxical information that began the complex climb of creation...
The self aware mind of the creator manifested itself into that which we know as the cosmos...

The fire and forge of creation were born anew; held within the conscious mind of the One God...our Creator...Our progenitor...

Within the thoughts of our creator worlds grew, and “we” who are “other” than God were born...
We, ourselves, are like unto our Creator in that we are self aware... Able to abstract items of the natural world... to create “new”...in smaller ways, but like unto our parent...
Making new creations...

But our minds, like the mind of God, are not completely of this material world, for we have the seeds of the original mystery of the information for creation within us, and thus we are set apart, and yet are parceled into this volume of work...

And it is a volume...a great volume...an tangible record to which any point in time can be accessed by the zero point of spirit...the cosmos itself is our Akashic record...

The zero point of the spirit world is ageless and timeless... The only differentiation being in the minds of the children of God...without which there would be no “other”...

We are immortal in our spirit form, drawing upon the experiences of the lives of the ages...
All life...from knowing the thoughtless states of matter and energy, up unto the lives of all living things in creation are there for us to learn...
For you see...in order for there to be an “other” it must first start as nothing, and grow...

This is a pattern we can see throughout the creation... Birth...Growth...Death

There are two paths in Growth...

Unification with the Creator, and ongoing eternal life in paradise...a returning to the nest, so to speak...filled with the wonders of serving the creator and living within the creation...

And Dissolution...an entropic fall into the ultimate seperation...which will end in complete dissolution of the utterly alone child...the seed...

But again...entropy will meet unity...as in the beginning, and at this point there will come the final gift of salvation...which only the sentient will of Love can bring...
The torch of creation handed to a mind who now understands the full depth and divinity of the everlasting mind of Love which is GOD...

And a new cosmos will burst into being...

We need no religion...if anything, our religion should be that of what it means to be human...

As Human beings, we do best when we display common Human Principles and Virtues to one another...

The Principles I follow are Love, Truth and Courage...
These can be combined into more relative Human Virtues such as Compassion, Honesty and Valor...to name a few...

These principles can be applied to any community of humanity for they are not bound by any borders, nor written laws...
They reside within the deepest parts of our souls, and tell us in unspoken words what it is, and what it means to be a Human Being!
They are intrinsic to the nature of the sentient Human condition, and recognizable by all born into the Human family...

Conversely we become aware of the opposite side... such as Hate...

I will not expand upon the negative Principles and their negative Virtues, but would at the least direct you to examine the durability of the mind of Love as apposed to that of Hate...

Hate is divisive, destructive and inherently entropic... It will ultimately consume or destroy itself...whereas Love is a unifying force, and can withstand the ages...

When Mountains crumble to the sea, and worlds fade from the pages of memory, there will still stand the fidelity of Divine Love...

From the vantage point of my own terrestrial life, I can at least attest to the existence of three kinds of consciousness...

1. The Natural consciousness: Every form of physical being that perceives/reacts to the physical world.
2. The Supernatural consciousness: Every form of being that exsists above the physical,
yet interacts to varying degrees with it, but has not attained full understanding of
the interaction between the physical and the supernatural.
3. The Supernal consciousness: Every form of being that remembers and understands the
interactions between all physical and non-physical, and is engaged in the creation of
new worlds and new spiritual offspring, in an eternal cycle of eternal consciousness.

The Supernal Consciousness is also where resides the collective or subconscious,
which are essential in relieving or segmenting our experiences into bite size pieces,
catalogued in time.
In the physical world they are shown in sleep, and occlusion.
A shutter for your window. A shade for your eye...
Shelter from the deadly truths of the natural world outside...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
A more simplistic pattern of this all might be:
1. knowing nothing (or nearly.)
2. vehicle(s) for memory retention of "self/experience foci".
3. knowing everything (or nearly.)

Speculative, yes. But the patterns that occur in our natural world are often repeated
in areas beyond our perception. If I were a creator being who wanted to convey something
that could not be disputed, and yet was not blatently stated, What better way than in the
very patterns of my creations?

I also feel there is a hierarchy of supernatural and supernal beings who have gained cosmic accedence to playing the shepherd role of burgeoning races such as Mankind on Earth...
Angels, if you will...

Good and Bad...for that is the nature of this world we live in....

Would a Star be able to shine in glorious splendor if it were not surrounded by the unifying darkness of the night womb within which we grow?

Go in Peace, Child of the Creation, and always carry Love in your heart whilst you seek the threshold of your ultimate freedom...

The Ultimate Freedom

The children of ultimate freedom are filled with the molten froth of calamities spiraling tirade.
Gone are the parental and societal orders, stifling as the night womb from whence they came.
Open is the door into the eternities...
Swiftly crumbling are the ledges of reason in the wombs darkened aerie...

Maturation approaches until its ardor matches the terror of what is unknown.
The child is free to be born anew, or borne down in forever’s bitter sweet embrace.
Reason dances with desire in an ever maddening spin of ordered chaos...
The furor of light and dark reaches a pinnacled instance of paradox..!

Yet, it is the age of light, and the fires of chaos must win; for the birth is the reason; and we are
never truly free of the plan.
The seed is germinated or consumed; lost in the endless folds of nothing and everything.
As before, forevers are born anew, growing always outward, toward the ultimate freedom...

May you walk the paths of Human Virtue, for it is not a religion...
It is the practice of what it means to be Human, and it is a path that winds its way not just in this world, but any world you might tread...for your first steps were here...

May you walk with Courage in the Light of Truth through the secret darkness of eternity, wrapped in the warmth of Human Love and dignity...

A good journey to you always, friends...

edit on 24-7-2012 by Khurzon because: added word...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagurt
I am looking to share some thoughts on what people believe to be the "True" religion, Let us try to find common ideals, within other religions, and perhaps we can shed some light on why you believe your belief system to be the "True" religion.

None of this "My diety tells me so" I am looking for factual evidence of why one belief trumps another. I may also add that I have no set belief system, save for being the best person that I can be, understanding, compassionate and helpful.

All opinions are welcome, except for racist/biggoted/ignorant beliefs, unless that is what your faith preaches... hmm, that would be interesting, seeing that argument.

Anyway, I encourage people to try and learn from different systems, as this is not a competition, and we can mutually benefit from seeing a bigger picture.

This is truly the sign of end of times. people try to find a solution themselves.

But I hope they understand their weakness in gathering facts , and weakness in connecting and resulting from the facts.

BTW , it maybe take years , or less than a year.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
in my mind all religions are absolute b.s

sorry
but if theres a god wouldnt he answer you when you call for help

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
i thought you knew there is only one religion..............The Force

great video, saved and favourited

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>