It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Religion, what you honestly think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

True religion will be informed by the shared spiritual heritage of ALL humanity, not just one particular culture or era or denomination or political party or race or gender or nation.

Hence, true religion will transcend the myopic dogma of any one local religion, because humanity does. It will be informed by comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism.

"No one, as far as I know, has yet tried to compose into a single picture the new perspectives that have been opened in the fields of comparative symbolism, religion, mythology, and philosophy by the scholarship of recent years. The richly rewarded archaeological researches of the past few decades; astonishing clarifications, simplifications, and coordinations achieved by intensive studies in the spheres of philology, ethnology, philosophy, art history, folklore, and religion; fresh insights in psychological research; and the many priceless contributions to our science by the scholars, monks, and literary men of Asia, have combined to suggest a new image of the fundamental unity of the spiritual history of mankind.

Without straining beyond the treasuries of evidence already on hand in these widely scattered departments of our subject, therefore, but simply gathering from them the membra disjuncta of a unitary mythological science, I attempt in the following pages the first sketch of a natural history of the gods and heroes, such as in its final form should include in its purview all divine beings--not regarding any as sacrosanct or beyond its scientific domain. For, as in the visible world of the vegetable and animal kingdoms, so also in the visionary world of the gods: there has been a history, an evolution, a series of mutations, governed by laws; and to show forth such laws is the proper aim of science."

-Joseph Campbell

edit on 23-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stolski21

"I promise to be good to the earth and to all life on this planet. To all growing things, all kinds of animals, and all races of people. I promise to protect all life on this planet, To live in harmony with nature and to share everything fairly, So that all people can live with one another in good health and peace."

I like this as well
. It would manage drill sites excavation sites toxic storage sites. Would keep the environment clean. I wonder if this is something being used by innerEA*RTH inhabitans or the rest of the EA*RTH FAMILY

edit on 7/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I believe all religions are "true" in their essence. All religions are a vehicle to building a relationship with God.

You will NEVER find the truth in a religion or a cult. Their goal is to HIDE the truth from you.

Religion and cults are nothing more than mind control with a massive stealth agenda centered around causing people to hate the truth. ALL religions are Illuminati propaganda. PERIOD...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

I believe all religions are "true" in their essence. All religions are a vehicle to building a relationship with God.

You will NEVER find the truth in a religion or a cult. Their goal is to HIDE the truth from you.

Religion and cults are nothing more than mind control with a massive stealth agenda centered around causing people to hate the truth. ALL religions are Illuminati propaganda. PERIOD...

The beauty of humans is we can have different view points. I feel I'm a lot closer to the truth than some people because I recognize the spiritual/unseen reality of the world we live in. Remove the BS and corruption from religion, and you're left with nothing but spiritual cultivation.

You, however sound like somebody who has been trained to think along one line of thinking only. To tell me, somebody whom you've never met OR spoken to that I'll NEVER achieve something? Elementary at best...
edit on 23-7-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
“It is fundamentally a matter of your own opinion that you accept the authority of the church to interpret the bible. You cannot escape in all matters of belief from opinion. In other words, it must become clear to you that you yourself create all the authorities you accept.”

Religions are the man-made opinions of interpretations, and that's why you have so many denominations of different religions, and people that believe their way is the right/only way. They were taught this by the authorities of their religion.

They all have some truth in them regardless.

But for origins, it takes more than religion to fully understand and appreciate them. That's why we have the scientific method, all matters of history, and so on. It's easy to say that all things came from the Creator, but if you don't know the inner workings, it's kind of sad. The complexity of all things goes to waste when we don't delve deeper into them.

All things in life are necessary. To deprive yourself of knowledge about something is to be asleep over that aspect of life.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I feel I'm a lot closer to the truth than some people..

Religious mind control has a tendency to blind you to reality.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Ignorance blinds us to reality. Religions only blind people when they stab their eyes out with them.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Closed minded people are more blind to reality than those who are open enough to study systems of living established by ancients. Why are you even on this thread if you have no answer? You're derailing the discussion.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
religion was created by the powers that be to divide and conquer!

plus people need to beleive in some thing, that this isn't the be all and end all!

there are higher beings than us out there, but there are higher beings than them and them and them and them and them>>>>> i doubt very much if an alien being from another galaxy or universe is a catholic or a proddy!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would like to add that I am not searching for a religion, or spirituality, I am content with the path I have. Love is life, live as love.

I was only trying to start a philisophical discussion, for the benefit of those who are truly lost, and have such definite paramenters of what it means to be right. Simply trying to open up perspectives

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

What do you mean by "right"?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seagurt
I would like to add that I am not searching for a religion, or spirituality, I am content with the path I have. Love is life, live as love.

Well said...

Religion is the imitation of GOD upon the earth.

Religion hates, God loves...

Look at all the hate in some of these posts...

"The essence of our actions and the love we show our neighbors is what practicing your faith should be about. Your relationship with God is directly as strong as your relationship with your fellow man. It's not following word for word the Commandments or the scriptures. It's the LOVE you treat your fellow man with that counts"

~ Bishop Stephen Blaire

Closed minded religious people

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There is no True Religion.
Why does anyone think they need one?
It is all a pack of lies to own and manipulate your mind.
Take control of your life; think for yourself!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Murgatroid

What gives you the right to decide this "one true religion"? Why can't we all just agree to be spiritual and let each of us do it whatever way we want?

GOD decides. GOD has the ultimate authority.

That's why most people dont want to even consider such things.

They want to think they get to say what is right for them based on what ever feels good.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You mean Zeus? You better not mean that imposter Abrahamic god.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Originally posted by john_bmth
You mean Zeus? You better not mean that imposter Abrahamic god.

Religion is the real imposter

Religion ALWAYS lies

This is why Religion is mind control

It is controlling your mind...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It seem to me that Hinduism, Buddism, Jesus and Toltec teach a nonduality reality where everything that exist is as one. I do not see the different religons pointing in different directions but humans who are to blind to notice that it pointing in the same general direction. People caught up in duality I guess.

My advice is obey the golden rule and do not care about human conditioning/dogma on how your relationship with the whole/god/(or whatever you wish to call it) should be. It is between you and the other side.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by Seagurt

I don't think there is any "true" religion, or any "factual" evidence. It's all guesswork.

I do think the universe is intelligent, but whatever the universal soul is, or "God", is way beyond human comprehension.

That is because he/she/it is playing hide and seek with ous in this existance. Well from my point of view Chakras are quite a physical thing in me so if you wanna become a psychic and see if you find you won answers that probably will be depening on your views, then you can always try to open them up to the point where you can feel the cap on the head. If not for the information and playing around with synchronicity then at least you can feel more alive in your body.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Alright. Let's work from there:

Is Christianity the ONLY religion of love? The only spiritual path that teaches love? What does ATS think? Let's be honest, now.

I didn't want to call Christianity out, but we all know that's exactly what the Christians would do: bleat on and on about their religion being the only right one. But now we have something else to go by. So ask yourselves, is Christianity alone in teaching love?
edit on 23-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

From my point of view it is emphathasing it more in Jesus teaching than in Buddism from my point of view. But Buddism is more logical from my point of view and you do not fall into dualitytraps there so you do not get confused of what the meaning behind the text is. I only have read a little Hinduism so I cannot be sure what I think there about loving message. The toltec book I read was more about seeing thru conditioning and droping ego than emphesis on love but was a very good book to bring understanding of myself to another level.

Is not all books that discuss nonduality in themselves really loving since they are meant to break down barriers between people and bring greater understanding and think of everyone else as yourself and part of a whole.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Religions do not "point in the same direction", they are by their very nature at odds with each other. That should be a big red flag right there but people will keep their fingers firmly in their ears. It's only when people grossly water down the scripture to the point of some vague, undefined notion of "being one" that parallels can be drawn. However, I could water down Moby Dick enough to draw parallels between it and... well, pretty much anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join