It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Religion, what you honestly think?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am looking to share some thoughts on what people believe to be the "True" religion, Let us try to find common ideals, within other religions, and perhaps we can shed some light on why you believe your belief system to be the "True" religion.

None of this "My diety tells me so" I am looking for factual evidence of why one belief trumps another. I may also add that I have no set belief system, save for being the best person that I can be, understanding, compassionate and helpful.

All opinions are welcome, except for racist/biggoted/ignorant beliefs, unless that is what your faith preaches... hmm, that would be interesting, seeing that argument.

Anyway, I encourage people to try and learn from different systems, as this is not a competition, and we can mutually benefit from seeing a bigger picture.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

You cannot get factual evidence from history books...the winners get to right the history books...so weather you believe in one god or another there is nothing that could be considered factual based on a book because some of it deals with the way one person interprets something..you interpretation of something may be completely different from mine..good luck with your search OP

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

James 1 answers this:

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

As for the prejudice you find against Christians and other religions, this is entirely a misjudgment of the intent of those who love instead of hate. Love requires suffering for others, even enemies. This is what the Christian religion stands for. Unfortunately, you still find people who hate from within the Christian religion. This amounts to taking the name of the Lord in vain. The name is the character. Taking the name, apart form the character, is taking the Lord's name in vain.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I think all the stuff you can find on harmonics, vibration, thoughts as related to subatomic behavior, and the power of intention will tell you who or what the true creator is. Everything you need to look at can be found here on ATS. Look for the Ancient Mysteries thread, that would do for an excellent start in your search.

That's the best I can give you.

edit on 23-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

@The True Religion, what you honestly think?,

On EA*RTH you are either a ENKITE or ENLILITE if not HYBRID combo.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

What in Hades are those?!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I don't think there is any "true" religion, or any "factual" evidence. It's all guesswork.

I do think the universe is intelligent, but whatever the universal soul is, or "God", is way beyond human comprehension.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I believe they all come from the same source the Sumerians, and over time all branched off with their own concepts and beliefs to suit there own purposes ? I wouldn't even try to guess where the Sumerians got it from and I cant for the life of me understand why we can't all agree that it all came from the same legends and live in peace ?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I think that's the wisest and most accurate post anyone will find on this thread.

Star for you.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

What in Hades are those?!

The Pheonix and the Eagle look into the FIRE BIRDS of the WORLD used by various countries. There not just images

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

I like the beliefs of Gaiaism, which in a nut shell believes in harmony with Mother Earth, Gaia. It is a lot easier to digest that protecting Earth will help us in the long run, than the idea that some guy a thousand years ago or more may or may not have done this or that and that we are sinful abominations until asking for forgiveness. I am not bashing any religion. I think I actually had a, " Come to Jesus" moment when I saw I, Pet Goat II. It portrayed Jesus, or a similar figure as the Light that will illuminate and warm the world. But it didn't make him out to be the way that every faith seems to make him, or at least not to me. The figure seemed more understandable and relate-able to me.

Also this seems to sum up my religious point of view, as said by Chris Rock from Dogma

Rufus: His only real beef with mankind is the # that gets carried out in His name. Wars, bigotry, televangelism, the big one though is the fractioning of all of the religions. He said mankind got it all wrong by taking a good idea and building a belief structure on it.
Bethany: You’re saying having beliefs is a bad thing?
Rufus: I just think it’s better to have ideas. I mean, you can change an idea, changing a belief is trickier. People die for it, people kill for it. The whole of existence is in jeopardy right now, because of the Catholic belief structure regarding this plenary indulgence bull#. Bartleby and Loki, whether they know it or not, are exploiting that belief. And if they’re successful, you, me… ALL of this ends in a heartbeat, all over a belief.

Dogma (Film)
edit on 23-7-2012 by stolski21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Why is this thread in this sub-forum?

I honestly think this: I accept the Bible, from Genesis to the Revelation due to its tie-in with history, fulfilled prophecy, but most of all, because of the heptadic coding buried within the plaintext. This coding is far more complex than a merely human author could have produced - ask any poet who only has to wrestle with rhyme and meter. Grammatical meaning, rhyme, and meter, that's three levels of coding, but the Biblical text involves dozens of levels of coding. Oh, yeah, I also believe it because reading it has changed me from the inside out. Others should give it a try.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There can only be ONE "True Religion".

But there are MANY counterfeits that all bare the same resemblance. ALL religions are Illuminati propaganda.

There are ONLY two religious systems in the world. Satan controls one, the other belongs to Jesus. You can only achieve what you were called to do when you connect with the living God and Satan will do everything he can to stop that from happening. This is the REAL agenda behind religion and cults.

You will NEVER find the truth in a religion or a cult. Their goal is to HIDE the truth.

I had an incredible supernatural encounter as a non-Christian when I opened a Bible sitting on a table in my parents house. I was given instantaneous knowledge that the book I was looking at was written by God. I KNEW this. I knew absolutely NOTHING about what the Bible was. I was raised as a total heathen.

When that experience happened, it was as if I met God face to face but it was only in the form of supernatural knowledge that was instantly uploaded into my spirit. It was the first of several Divine encounters over many years.

Very few understand the true agenda and origins of false religions. They are ALL connected and linked to one single source...

All false religions are illuminati created...
"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.
Source

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

Satan's most effective method of seducing men and women to yield to his control over them is via a religious system. Source

"...religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! All religious leaders are raised up by Jesus' arch enemy, satan! Link

The Illuminati is satanic and goes clear back to the Garden. (and there is, understandably, volumes of disinformation about it.)

"The illuminati started long before 1776, It has it's roots in the mystery religions which the knights templar perpetuated. In Nimrod's time, Semiramus brought back the mystery religions which were from before the time of Noah. The Illuminati was just a different name by which these same entities exsisted. They can change their name a thousand times, but the same entities run it."

Illuminati Roots

Links

Satan is behind ALL false religion
Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
Deception Through Religion
All false religions are illuminati created

edit on 23-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

What gives you the right to decide this "one true religion"? Why can't we all just agree to be spiritual and let each of us do it whatever way we want?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Religion (Wikipedia): "Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values."

The one true, viable religion is Love.
Anything that is not Love does not connect humanity to spirituality and/or moral values.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Alright. Let's work from there:

Is Christianity the ONLY religion of love? The only spiritual path that teaches love? What does ATS think? Let's be honest, now.

I didn't want to call Christianity out, but we all know that's exactly what the Christians would do: bleat on and on about their religion being the only right one. But now we have something else to go by. So ask yourselves, is Christianity alone in teaching love?
edit on 23-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Although I'm a practicing Muslim, I believe all religions are "true" in their essence. Think about it, if it weren't for the idea of God, the creator of all, there would be NO religions.

All religions are a vehicle to building a relationship with God. I don't believe one religion to be truer than another, furthermore, I believe that if people (even if they subscribe to ONE religion) studied all religions for the purpose of further cultivating their spiritual being, a greater understanding of the creator would come about.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

It's not the religion, so much as how people practice and discuss it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Exactly - if people focused more on the POINT of religion, rather than the differences between all of ours, we'd be better off. The point is simply to build a relationship with the Creator.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"I promise to be good to the earth and to all life on this planet. To all growing things, all kinds of animals, and all races of people. I promise to protect all life on this planet, To live in harmony with nature and to share everything fairly, So that all people can live with one another in good health and peace."

A Gaian prayer, seems pretty loving to me, but of course the person writing about it is saying that it is some NWO blah blah blah. Here is the link, I am tired of people demonizing Gaia or earth prayer. The quote is about 1/4th of the way down.

Half Stigma: Gaiaism is spreading.

Like its s d*&m plague? WTH?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join