It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Type 120 radar found in Syria.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Not sure if there was a post on ATS about this. The question is how did Syria obtain this system (through China or Iran?). There was another piece of news about the Chinese refuting the allegations of selling weapons and/or weapons systems to Syria. I guess they can't refute anymore

Link1

Chinese_Refute_Allegations_Syrian_Arms_Sale

More info below on Link2.
Link2

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They could have bought it off the black market too. I'm sure its possible some countries have been sold this chinese radar and then made a back room deal to sell it for quick cash to whomever, Syria ended up being the highest bidder?

It's also possible that china found a way to smuggle these radar systems into syria for their own purposes and agenda.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
And????? As an ally of Syria, and Syria being a former friend of NATO of course they will of had weapons to protect themselves. And China an Russia would have no doubt supplied them why is this new. Does it all the sudden make Syria the bad guy.

Guess what the FSA have weapons supplied by NATO, do we need another thread so people will know its our tax payer dollars that created, funded, armed and are fighting this proxy war????

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

No, it doesn't make them instantly the bad guy. But it's weird that China has denied selling any weapons to Syria for awhile now, and then a Chinese radar system is found in Syria.

China on Friday refuted allegations that it has sold weapons to Syria "directly or through Iran."

"The accusations are groundless and we cannot accept them," Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin said at a regular news briefing.

"The Chinese government always holds a cautious and responsible attitude toward the export of military goods," said the spokesman.

"(The Chinese government) strictly manages military exports in accordance with international obligations, domestic laws and regulations," he said.

www.china.org.cn...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

this is all part of the movie to keep us distracted, all these so called waring nations have been working together for years, look into what is happening in the gulf of Aden, chinese war ships with russian british warships. look past the lies and search for the motive. good info on link below

Conspiracydetective.blogspot.com

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I remember when Iraq was in cross hairs, Syria was said to of obtained night vision equipment from Russia I think so the ARMS game is just that a game. My intelligence sells you intelligence when noones looking and if its seriously ignorant my intelligence will sell your intelligence and have another intelligence kill you smh. EA*RTH is so gutter @ times even on the highest levels..

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The only thing I find surprising here is what others have as well. China playing games about just saying they sold the systems.

Syria has taken open delivery of S-300's and was supposed to be in line for the S-400 when Russia got their export stuff worked out on it. They were recently shipped supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles for it's shore defense. Well, I think that was december, so maybe not so recently. I'd have to check my capture archives to be sure. The things look just like small Tomahawks. Thank you Russia...always a pal to be found there.

Iran is cut off by sanctions and have to one degree or another since 1979. Syria though...hasn't been. They've been wide open, haven't they? So all of this and even the chem weapons have been legal, as open as these things really ever get and pretty much routine as everyone treated it up to last summer.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Excellent!!
I hope the Syrians are able to utilize these things to prevent terrorist nato/un attacks from happening.
If it comes to un/nato jets/bombers over Syria I hope they are shot from the sky and their pilots held for trial.
I would not tolerate un/nato flying over my country, why should they?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

That is not the point. The point is that the current players in the crisis are all together and they used to deny the allegations.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

That is also a possibility and definitely a way in to Syria through the backdoor deal

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541Excellent!!I hope the Syrians are able to utilize these things to prevent terrorist nato/un attacks from happening.If it comes to un/nato jets/bombers over Syria I hope they are shot from the sky and their pilots held for trial.I would not tolerate un/nato flying over my country, why should they?

Agree that any country has a right to defend itself. The point is about China and not necessarily about Syria for my thread
The purpose of the thread partially is to bring focus to the geopolitical games that other nations play as well in the arena which in this case is 'China'

edit on 23-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
They were recently shipped supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles for it's shore defense. Well, I think that was december, so maybe not so recently. I'd have to check my capture archives to be sure. The things look just like small Tomahawks. Thank you Russia...always a pal to be found there.

I believe you're referring to 'yakhont'? Ofcourse the syndicates know it as well that the region is wide open in Syria and thus a flea market/warehouse for the neighbors shopping pleasure

Yakhont

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Funny how all the big countries of the world sell weapons and arms to the small countries , so they can kill each other, so that the big country can come in and take over afterwards! I love this world, it's a pool of Government egos that have no respect for those underneath them!

What a waste of a planet!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Bought from China by the US, sold to Syria by a CIA front company (The same CIA Front company arming and training the "rebels" we are being brainwashed to support) I would guess.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

Well..when you have idiots fighting over political/religious supremacy in the region such as ME, ofcourse there will be parties interested in a 'fighting match' to make money
It churns a lot of economic money for those supporting the militaries

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
Bought from China by the US, sold to Syria by a CIA front company (The same CIA Front company arming and training the "rebels" we are being brainwashed to support) I would guess.
Valid thought and a possible conspiracy. Any links that you can possibly provide to further strengthen your point? Would love to see the workings of the different companies and their fronts

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tramadolnights

Or through any number of countries that buy Chinese equipment, and sold to Syria, or any number of other scenarios.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
Valid thought and a possible conspiracy. Any links that you can possibly provide to further strengthen your point? Would love to see the workings of the different companies and their fronts

such information is not readily to hand, however, we do have evidence of cia fronts

en.wikipedia.org...:Central_Intelligence_Agency_front_organizations

And it is not hard to imagine the US having such equipment, as we know, most militaries around the world have "Opfor" teams, equipped with foreign hardware.

en.wikipedia.org...

upload.wikimedia.org...

It has to come from somewhere, it's just where that is the question.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Tramadolnights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yeah a back door deal where the radar systems were sold to a friendly country with the expressed purpose and agreement that said radar system will "find its way" into Syria's hands. That way China can deny everything. The host nation that functioned like the middleman in the deal can simply be so disorganized as to not have any reputable records to hand over to the UN or other chartered authority.

China gets an in with Iran and Syria because they are secretly helping them. They get to remain neutral in the worlds eyes (for those who don't look too deep or question) and they get t feel smug because they have succeeded in pulling the wool over the UN's eyes.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

They bought it on E-Bay!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join