It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonization vs. Entitlement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

We would however be entitled to breath, to eat, and to have a shelter. I want you to imagine the most disagreeable food and shelter you can think of though. You are not entitled to ANYTHING more, then that.
Which is pretty darned generous, is it not?

edit on 23-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

What a sociopathic line of thinking. Using the idea of Extraterrestrials to get a "see how you like it" attack against non-collectivists. A classic usage of "Rules for Radical's" aka Rules for Psychopaths and Sociopaths. Very, very pathetic, and also incredibly insightful into the kind of person you are.

Either way: Unless their environment is naturally an atomic dump site: MAD, or rather if we can't have it no one else will. The basic plan is to nuke the planet into oblivion if we cannot defend it from invasion. If they are a space-faring species, they ought to have the technology to terra-form uninhabited worlds. If they are too lazy to do that, well then tough luck.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Actually this is already playing out. The difference is the superior species treats us as cattle to be consumed as needed. You would normally refer to these entities as demons. The war against these entities is nearing it's final phase.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

You question...although interesting....seems a concept that one particular group of people who have very entrenched concepts of how they are better in various ways to another group of people.

The idea of an E.T. race taking over the Earth...goes against many aspects of basic logic. Unless this E.T. Race was traveling to Earth from another Planet in our Solar System and there by not have Tech. that was that much higher in advancement then our own...then I would be the First One FIGHTING FOR MY PLANET AND MY PEOPLE!

If this is an E.T. race that traveled to Earth from another Solar System thereby having Ultra-Advanced Tech. of a type that allows Interstellar Travel...this E.T. Race would understand the UNIFIED FIELD THEORY thus they would have the ability to not only travel the Stars but also be able to CONVERT MATTER TO ENERGY AND BACK AGAIN.

Now what does that mean? It means that THERE WOULD BE NOTHING THAT WE HAVE THAT THEY WOULD WANT OR NEED...other than perhaps...Scientific Curiosity. If you understand the Unified Field Theory than you could create at will...any material or any form or amount of energy that they would require.

A basic concept of Social Logic is that WARS as well as an individuals need to control another are all based on the accumulation of MATERIAL RESOURCES as well as MEETING ENERGY CONSUMPTION DEMANDS. In studies that have been performed time and time again...in the absence of NEED....there is an absence of VIOLENT CONFRONTATION or WAR in order to gain needed resources, food, energy, water, oil, gas, coal, land for Strategic Defense of such forays into another's Country to provide security or launching points for raids just as when Viking Warriors would raid England for Food and other Goods as it was easier to launch Raids than try to grow Crops in such Cold Climates as where the Vikings came from.

So...logic dictates that an Alien Race of the ability to perform acts such as Interstellar Travel...would have the ABSENCE OF NEED...OF ANYTHING...other than to expand their own knowledge. This is why they have been visiting here for so long as well as why as a whole...have left us alone.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Evo we have talked about this, we on this earth are special. We are a special being and we have a planet like no other we have seen.
Could be a big reason others havent whooped up on us. We are special.........Time will tell, but in who's lifetime?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

It's crazy to think that a species similar to us would colonize us? I'd say it's crazy NOT to think that way. Why would a super friendly race colonize anything at all? Colonization isn't a friendly thing to do!

Don't get angry with me because I throw your thinking back at you, and force you to change perspective from top of the food chain, to bottom of the barrel.

When faced with the idea of a rigid idealistic colonization that left you with little options, you don't like it much.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You forgot that the desire for conquest can come from greed, and not just need. What if they enjoy water as a currency and an indulgence? They may have no need for it, but they may want it. Kind of like humans and gold.

Gold is worthless in a practical sense. It's just shiny.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by antar

If I remember the grey area description correctly, that's a place for personal stories?

I'm not sure it fits there. It's more of a debate than a story. What do you think? What would you do, if an alien species were to treat the entire human species as we have long treated ourselves?
edit on 23-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

I am not yet convinced that they have not had a hand in our world.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I can say one thing for sure, I have found the type of alien contact that would scare humans the most.

It's the fascist, communist, anti-entitlement, empiralistic, subjugation kind.

Perhaps this hypothesis would offer some light on the hand they may or may not play in our society already?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystic Vibes
The reason why aliens would visit earth coulld be one with hundreds of years in mind. Genetic replacement is better than slaughter.

This idea makes sence what if they where to use us to replenish there numbers and an idea that has been compleatly overlooked is what if we are already a product of extratarestrial manipulation as alot of ancient alien theories suggest and they come back and want us to join there ranks? Maby they where just waiting for us to devolp the right mind set that we would embrace rather than resist??

Would you fight for are creator????

PEACE

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KtruthD

I'm not sure humans would ever embrace E.T.s. We're so very primative and ruled by emotion. We would probably gut any alien we encountered, and probably will continue to be that way for a very long time into the future.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You forgot that the desire for conquest can come from greed, and not just need. What if they enjoy water as a currency and an indulgence? They may have no need for it, but they may want it. Kind of like humans and gold.

Gold is worthless in a practical sense. It's just shiny.

Actually...GOLD has greater value as a material used in High Tech. Devices.

In the absence of NEED...or VALUE...Greed is not an easy state of mind to develop. Greed is a Mental State in which a person covets something of VALUE or Necessity. If High Tech. eliminates the possibility of either Value or Necessity...it is impossible for a person to become GREEDY!

So...if an E.T. Race capable of Interstellar Travel...which means they understand...THE UNIFIED FIELD THEORY...which means they can REPLICATE ANYTHING THEY WISH IN ANY QUANTITY...I do not see any possibility of such an advanced race having the ability to be GREEDY.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yet every organism on Earth has a degree of greed. Greed, is the most consistently observable thing in our world. Without greed, motivation cannot exist. Without motivation, advancements do not happen. This is why communist states on Earth lack inovation so often.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yet every organism on Earth has a degree of greed. Greed, is the most consistently observable thing in our world. Without greed, motivation cannot exist. Without motivation, advancements do not happen. This is why communist states on Earth lack inovation so often.

Key word in your post was on EARTH! LOL! I am not by nature a GREEDY PERSON yet I have NEEDS AND DESIRES. Fortunately for me...I am or other are more than willing to fulfil these things for me...or I am more than capable of doing the same. It is in this concept that I think goes along with this topic as some people or in this case...perhaps...some Lifeforms that are very intelligent...do not have specific emotionally driven tendencies.

Personally...I am not greedy but I am wealthy...but I give back as much as often and in the best way I believe I can as I run several charities as well as donate much food...both dry and canned goods as well as a massive excess from by huge Organic Garden. I do not even understand the concept of JEALOUSY as if I have to worry about what My Girl is either doing or interested in or if I had to worry if she was really...My Girl...then she was never My Girl to begin with so I would cut ties quickly and without issue or hate. The way I look at it...SHE would be the one that LOST OUT! I also do not understand why some Men...or should they be called Boy's?...have the need to act in a Violent Manner. I know VIOLENCE and I am not only Highly Trained at being Violent as well as have the capacity to perform acts of Unbelievable to most and unthinkable to many...EXTREME VIOLENCE...I am not a Man who enjoys being in a Violent State. I am a Man of Peace who is capable of Extreme acts of CONTROLLED VIOLENCE. But I can not understand or even FATHOM why anyone would want to be in this state or Desire Violence to the extent that they even write songs about it! I find this...disagreeable as well as STUPID! So imagine how an Advanced Interstellar Capable E.T. might think...we probably can't FATHOM.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I dont think she had self qualification in mind.
But I could be wrong. its 2028 hrs west coast time, so its early

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

You know I just DIG your AVATAR! This is my favorite age of this man during his acting carrier. I am not one to be ogling other MEN but I enjoy a Photo as well as Good Cinematography. Since...if you don't already know....I am in the Entertainment Business on a International Scale as well as REFUSED to wear MAKEUP as I don't need it and the day I have to ask a 350 LBS Road Crew/ Security Guy...."Hey!....did you see where I dropped my eyeliner pen?"....I will personally Put a BULLITT IN MY OWN HEAD! While driving 130 MPH on a road that leads down a very steep hill and drive off a pear in A Highland Green 1968 Mustang GT 390 Fastback and pull a burial at SEA...or BAY!
Split Infinity....p.s...I wounder if an Alien Race saw some Human do that....if they would change their minds and leave?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

dude, Steve is dead, Earth on the other hand is very ripe for the picking. see ya, only want to be me, and well, that means not you!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

dude, Steve is dead, Earth on the other hand is very ripe for the picking. see ya, only want to be me, and well, that means not you!!!

OK....I am both amused and confused at the same time! LOL! Yes...Steve is dead. Your opinion is Earth is ripe for the picking....and you know this how? And who exactly is going to do the picking? LOL!

Your next part of your post is a bit confusing. The FUNNY thing is...I believe that you are more confused about it than I am! LOL!

You state that I only want to be YOU?!? By what possible methodology of any form of logic or system of determination of another's thoughts, beliefs, desires or intent could or even WOULD exist that could bring you to this utterly ABSURD ASSUMPTION that brings you to believe that I want to be like YOU? You...in reality being a GUY? who has an AVATAR of a Steve McQueen STILL or PHOTO that I happen to like...are telling me because I like the Photo that I want to be like YOU?!? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

A basic concept of Social Logic is that WARS as well as an individuals need to control another are all based on the accumulation of MATERIAL RESOURCES as well as MEETING ENERGY CONSUMPTION DEMANDS. In studies that have been performed time and time again...in the absence of NEED....there is an absence of VIOLENT CONFRONTATION or WAR in order to gain needed resources, food, energy, water, oil, gas, coal, land for Strategic Defense of such forays into another's Country to provide security or launching points for raids just as when Viking Warriors would raid England for Food and other Goods as it was easier to launch Raids than try to grow Crops in such Cold Climates as where the Vikings came from.

That's a bunch of it but it's not everything.

War or exploitation could happen as a result of

a) religious ideology.

b) desire for biological resources.

With huge amounts of energy and interstellar travel, obviously ET wouldn't be looking for hydrocarbons or minerals on Earth when such would be available far more easily on asteroids and moons of Saturn or something

Biological resources, however, are not created merely by application of energy. The diversity of the ecosphere on Earth is a consequence of hundreds of millions of years of complexity and evolution that even an advanced ET wouldn't be able to easily replicate. Sure they can clone something but the raw substrate still has to come from Nature. Nature is far more interesting and clever than anything we humans think up.

Even still it is easier for us to grow meat in the form of cattle than engineered tissue.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I would agree with them, mankind is destroying the planet, perhaps a barren planet devoid of life is a more suitable place for us to be relocated to? It`s just a matter of time before we turn this planet into a barren toxic wasteland since there are probably already a lot of planets like that already maybe we should be relocated to one of them and leave this planet to a species that will appreciate it and not destroy it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Personally I agree fully even though there is no hard evidence other than personal subjective reasoning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join