It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Bush in 2003: 'Fix Up the Economy,' $300 Billion Deficit 'Recklessness'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Where has this Obama gone?? From Headline grabbing critic to headline grabbing record setting Deficit Spender.

Wow! What a turn around.

Give Barack Obama points for consistency: he has always blamed Bush for the economy, even when it was humming along. In April 2003, Obama, then a state senator, attacked George Bush’s “attack on working families.” He called on Bush to “fix up the economy first” before he did anything else, like tax cuts. (Chinta Strausberg, “Obama to Bush: Fix up U.S. Budget First,” Chicago Defender, April 15, 2003).

Oh the irony of the the "spin masters"

Given the bad economy in 2003, Obama predicted that Bush would only be re-elected thanks to his “spin-masters, who are very good on focusing the public's attention on the war in Iraq, and they will do their best to keep the focus away from the economic disaster that is occurring in our communities.”

Obama suggested that Democrats make a “clear and convincing case for an alternative economic strategy,” a foreshadowing of how he would be different.

In May 2003, he continued his attack on Bush and called on the Senate to "resist" Bush's "unprecedented $300 billion deficit," which, he alleged, was retarding growth. ("Obama Urges Congress to Resist $300 Billion Deficit," Chicago Defender, May 14, 2003). His attack made front-page news in the Defender, one of the main African-American newspapers in the city, as he prepared for his run for the U.S. Senate in 2004.

Obama must be using those same "spin masters" he criticized Bush for using.

I'll just leave it at this. Obama's own words say so much and yet his actions speak far louder. How would then Senator Obama criticize the spending of now President Obama?? Oh to wonder???

The $300 billion deficit, he said, "underscores the recklessness of the George W. Bush administration and the Republican Congress."

But Obama was wrong. Instead, the economy expanded for thirty-five straight months. While Obama attacked Bush’s $300 billion deficit, today, Obama’s deficit is $1.8 trillion, an order of magnitude larger. Thanks to the Bush tax cuts, the economy boomed and unemployment reached a trough of 4.4% in March 2007. In fact, Obama’s unemployment rate has been far higher than—and sometimes double—Bush’s.

And this chump thinks he "deserves" a second term to get things right.....

www.breitbart.com...

Remember all you Breitbart haters.... This story and all quotes originated from the Chicago Defender newspaper.
www.chicagodefender.com...

Apparently this article is only available on microfilm

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Ir
nic to say the least !!

The $300 billion deficit, he said, "underscores the recklessness of the George W. Bush administration and the Republican Congress."

But Obama was wrong. Instead, the economy expanded for thirty-five straight months. While Obama attacked Bush’s $300 billion deficit, today, Obama’s deficit is $1.8 trillion, an order of magnitude larger. Thanks to the Bush tax cuts, the economy boomed and unemployment reached a trough of 4.4% in March 2007. In fact, Obama’s unemployment rate has been far higher than—and sometimes double—Bush’s.

And it is a fact that the economic mini-boom started falling soon after Democrats gained control of Congress in Jan 2007.

And it is a fact that Obama with a full Democrat Congress started this:

Keep in mind that Bush was able to do this even after the financial disaster from 9-11, and with a massive campaign by the Left Winger dingers to demean anything and everything.

The Left's current ultra raving jealousy has continued ever since the 2000 elections.

edit on Jul-23-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Love the graphs.

Why is everyone so silent on this topic??

No one likes to talk about this side of Obama. The do as I say not as I do version.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Why is everyone so silent on this topic??

For the same reason they are not focused on the largest global financial scam (LIBOR) in history.

Distractions, distractions..... the perennial tool of the ruling elite cabal.

Of course, this partisan slamming is also entertaining ... but the recent sensational tragedy is even more so.

You realize that the other political aficionados will simply declare this economic condition was a "time bomb" left for Obama to deal with.... along with obstinate refusal to take measures by a Republican-controlled Congress to ensure that Mr. Obama looks as bad a s possible come ballot time.

(I'm hoping you know me well enough to to recognize that I am merely presuming those will become the 'objection du joure' on this topic... I don't hold to partisan politics... I think it's all theater to keep us "distracted.")

edit on 23-7-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join