It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Supporters To Press "Mute" When Ads Targeting Him Air

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

"They'll have a bunch of ads with the scary voices and you know, most of what you hear you can just go mute. Just press the mute button. That's a good thing about the remote. Or you can use the DVR and fast forward. "And the reason why you don't have to pay much attention is because these ads are going to say the same thing over and over again. They know, the other side knows they can't sell their economic plan because we tried it and it didn't work."

Article and video

Basically, this translates to me a lot like "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

Now, I know that the GOP is trying to win an election, as is Barack Obama. They are going to say things and make things up and spew their propaganda. And I firmly believe that some ads, if not all ads, run by politicians have subliminal messaging in them. They may even use them to attempt to alter people's brain waves.

So to a degree I can understand what he is saying. But it also sounds to me a bit like he doesn't want any possible truth about him exposed and so he is telling his followers to just completely mute out any negative ads about him.

The economy IS still bad. Is it his fault? No, not entirely. I won't play the partisan game and lay it all at his feet. The evidence suggests otherwise.

Still, it just kills me how he is trying to get his faithful and loyal subjects to completely follow his will and not listen to other viewpoints. I know they all do it. Clinton did it. Bush did it. Obama does it. McCain would have done it. And Mitt Romney will do it.

If I hear a negative ad then I go and check out the validity of it. I'd like to ask President Obama if then we should do the same thing regarding his attack ads on Mitt Romney.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I press mute (turn the channel, walk away) every time ANY ad comes on, most especially a political one. Why would anyone not do so? The "Truth" is not in an ad, but the marketing is. What's so different about an Obama or a Romney ad -vs- a Chevy or a Ford ad? Either way, it's trying to sell ya something...

edit on 23-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Very good point. Never thought about it that way. Democrats and Republicans both selling a brand. And both owned by the same "parent company."

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I press mute (turn the channel, walk away) every time ANY ad comes on, most especially a political one. Why would anyone not do so? The "Truth" is not there, but the marketing is. What's so different about an Obama or a Romney ad -vs- a Chevy or a Ford ad? Either way, it's trying to sell ya something...

Ads are important
Because sometimes they talk about issues and voting records that the media choses to ignore

There's nothing wrong with attackign an oppononent on an issue that otherwise gets no coverage

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
With that said this is a horrible thing for a POTUS to say

Remember who Obama is, he gladly gets on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine, gladly answers questions about Jay-Z but when was the last time you saw him in a tough interview answering questions???

And now he says pay no attention to those ads against him?

What if an ads talks about NDAA, which not many mainstream viewers know about
Or what about him campaigning on transparency but become the most secretive president in a very long time?

Are these accusations not legit?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ads are nothing more than partisan propaganda. They attempt to paint a candidate in a negative light. Sometimes they are downright fallacious and/or distort the facts.

That's why I said if I hear an ad I go and fact check it. Most people don't do that. They see the ad, it's for "their candidate," and they take it as Gospel truth. They fall right into the trap.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Or what about him campaigning on transparency but become the most secretive president in a very long time?

I'm far from an Obama cheerleader, but I think it is dishonest to claim he is the most secretive president in a very long time. That sounds like a far-right talking point, especially since we just came off of Emperor George II's 8 year reign of terror and secrecy.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And in other news. . . . .

Obama also stated that if there was a person in the room who wouldn't hit the "mute" button then you are supposed to put your fingers in your ears and say, LALALALALALALALALALALALA: until November 7th.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've been hitting the mute button or fast forwarding my DVR for the past 4 and a half years whenever he comes on the screen. I think he got that idea of avoiding something you don't want to see or hear from me.

We finally agree on one way to handle a problem. Amazing!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
Ads are nothing more than partisan propaganda. They attempt to paint a candidate in a negative light. Sometimes they are downright fallacious and/or distort the facts

Well firstly ads are also aimed at same-party competitors as well not just one party against another

That's why I said if I hear an ad I go and fact check it. Most people don't do that. They see the ad, it's for "their candidate," and they take it as Gospel truth. They fall right into the trap.

The same goes for the mainstream media, so what's your suggestion, no more media either?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

especially since we just came off of Emperor George II's 8 year reign of terror and secrecy.

Wait... what do you think you have now?

Obama has is invading every country in the middle east, on his first day on the job he sent drones to Pakistan and killed innocent civilians.
He also even had drone attacks during that massive flood in Pakistan.

His administration is overthrowing every leader in every country to put their own puppet which will further destabalize their countries and thereafter prolong the war.

He has increased military spending and increased the number of countries invading all while campaigning as a peace candidate.

What are you smoking???

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Dude, c'mon! Obama won the peace prize. He's all about peace.

Seriously, I think ads are important. Thy illustrate what "they" think "we" need to pay attention to.

(pay attention to the right hand, while the left. . . . . . )

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The same goes for the mainstream media, so what's your suggestion, no more media either?

No. My suggestion is what it was TWICE already on this thread: Fact check.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Wait... what do you think you have now?

Obama has is invading every country in the middle east, on his first day on the job he sent drones to Pakistan and killed innocent civilians.
He also even had drone attacks during that massive flood in Pakistan.

His administration is overthrowing every leader in every country to put their own puppet which will further destabalize their countries and thereafter prolong the war.

He has increased military spending and increased the number of countries invading all while campaigning as a peace candidate.

What are you smoking???

What am I smoking?! Nothing. What are you smoking? Show me where I supported Obama's foreign policy and wars! Please show me. Since you want to come on here and get defensive when I insult George Bush and imply that I'm pro-Obama and his b.s. military actions. Please illustrate where I have ever supported them. You are seriously barking up the wrong tree.

Now stop trying to deflect off the issue and falsely paint me as an Obama supporter. My original question still stands: How do you propose that Obama is the most secretive president after we just came off of 8 years of George Bush's 8 years of war and secrecy?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I love it! LALALALALALALALALALA, I can't hear Criticism and neither should you America. Just follow like he's the pied piper and his music is the only music.

From my own research, this is how cult programming works. He's the only choice, and only solution, anyone else will only try to hurt you with their "not him ways."

I can see the footprints of psychological programming, It does make me concerned.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Really???

Ok, here's a liberal website for you with article link
www.salon.com...

www.miamiherald.com...

I mean listen, you talk about fact check and then want information from me on whether Obama is secretive or not.
Why not research yourself so you can "Fact Check" on your own?

He even said he would end Guantanamo Bay but instead doesn't close it but rather opens up a second on, Abu Ghraib.

You hate bush, Obama is Bush on steroids!

Trasparency or solitary confinment for whistle blowers?

Also

He has made more government documents classified than any previous president.

www.guardian.co.uk...

So much for your fact checking.....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Obama just wants peace.

Peace of the grave.

I tend to fast forward through commercials anyway because they all are partisan crap. They never tell the whole truth, and only tells the facts they want you to hear so they can manipulate you.

If they're against something they will only tell you the negatives. If they're for something they will never tell you the positive. In short they will never tell you the whole picture.

So do the research yourself.

Make your own conclusions.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

And they will do it too. Four years of programming don't 'cha know.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
And in other news. . . . . Obama also stated that if there was a person in the room who wouldn't hit the "mute" button then you are supposed to put your fingers in your ears and say, LALALALALALALALALALALALA: until November 7th.
yep...what a pathetic statement and plea by him. I think he is seriously worried about his re-election

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
And in other news. . . . .

Obama also stated that if there was a person in the room who wouldn't hit the "mute" button then you are supposed to put your fingers in your ears and say, LALALALALALALALALALALALA: until November 7th.

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me, how childish is this guy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join