It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nicap Story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Good audio doc charting the history of probably one of the most important UFO organisations ever, the 'National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena' - (then) Acting-Director Richard Hall also makes some interesting comments about specific cases and the attitudes of the USAF towards the UFO subject.

Also linked is the NICAP UFO Evidence report which is well worth a read by anyone with an opinion on the UFO subject and the 'UFO investigator' pdf files linked by Isaac in THIS thread also contain some extremely interesting information.

The NICAP Story:

The National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) was formed in 1956, flourished through about 1970, and declined gradually thereafter. There were three distinct eras of NICAP, the differences between which are important for historical understanding. What I call "the real NICAP" was headed by Maj. Donald E. Keyhoe starting in 1957, and I became his assistant in 1958. For approximately 12 years, NICAP was a large and very effective UFO organization. This is the NICAP that accomplished a lot against great odds, as I will explain. When the negative University of Colorado (Condon Committee) report was released in 1968, NICAP began a downhill slide and gradually faded away after the Air Force closed down Project Blue Book in 1969. Its assets finally were purchased by the Center for UFO Studies.

link

The UFO Evidence published by NICAP:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f14d1ad21bed.jpg[/atsimg]

A synthesis is presented of data concerning Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) reported during the past 20 years through governmental, press and private channels. The serious evidence is clarified and analyzed. The data are reported by categories of specially trained observers and studied by patterns of appearance, performance and periodic recurrence.

link

Chronological Reports - Parent: Directory:

www.nicap.org...

Index Of UFO Waves:

www.nicap.org...

Main Site:

www.nicap.org...
edit on 19-2-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
NICAP Site Coordinator Francis Ridge also makes some relevant comments in this video about the Edwards Air Force base UFO incident from 1965 where unknown objects where confirmed on 5 separately located radar screens:

"These were objects out of the normal, from their appearance and flight characteristics. I reported these sightings to base operations and the Los Angeles Air Defense Sector. The objects were also seen by at least five other people on Edwards Air Force Base. They were also seen by George Air Force Base tower and were showing up on radar in at least four different radar sight locations".

Chuck Sorrels, Air Force Air Traffic Controller

UFOs Over Edwards Air Force Base

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I S@Fed the thread but decided to post so I can easily find it later. Am out saving the gardens and just came in to get some cukes soaking in allum to make pickles tomorrow...

I have not seen this video so later to cool off i will watch it!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
NICAP was also reputed to have been infiltrated by the CIA as well... then taken down from within.
2nd....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
In my opinion NICAP was the best civilian UFO group, better than APRO, MUFON and in my opinion a little better than CUFOS. They were all pretty good though, and I hope MUFON keeps going strong now that other organizations have fallen.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and Antar, happy watching - I hope you enjoy those pickles.

Originally posted by DARREN1976

NICAP was also reputed to have been infiltrated by the CIA as well... then taken down from within.

Hey Darren, there's some interesting reading at the links below about Colonel Joseph Bryan III being the founder and head of the CIA's psychological warfare division and working for NICAP -there's also a thread here showing CIA documents and articles which suggest their 'debunking' tactics were pretty far from objective.

By 1969, Keyhoe turned his focus away from the military and focused on the CIA as the source of the UFO cover up. By December 1969, NICAP's board, headed by Colonel Joseph Bryan III, forced Keyhoe to retire as NICAP chief. Bryan was actually a former covert CIA agent who had served as founder and head of the CIA's psychological warfare division. Under Bryan's leadership, NICAP disbanded its local and state affiliate groups.

Link

How the Real NICAP began

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Thanks for the replies and Antar, happy watching - I hope you enjoy those pickles.

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Hey Darren, there's some interesting reading at the links below about Colonel Joseph Bryan III being the founder and head of the CIA's psychological warfare division and working for NICAP -there's also a thread here showing CIA documents and articles which suggest their 'debunking' tactics were pretty far from objective.

By 1969, Keyhoe turned his focus away from the military and focused on the CIA as the source of the UFO cover up. By December 1969, NICAP's board, headed by Colonel Joseph Bryan III, forced Keyhoe to retire as NICAP chief. Bryan was actually a former covert CIA agent who had served as founder and head of the CIA's psychological warfare division. Under Bryan's leadership, NICAP disbanded its local and state affiliate groups.

Link

How the Real NICAP began

Cheers.

nice......
2nd

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
NIce videos, on audio content, even though the first one is radio programs with some stills and videos laid in. Too bad it includes a lot of videos and stills that are known to be hoaxes. But that problem exists in so many documentaries. But yeah. NICAP is good. I appreciate their current Web site, especially for the free online books. And I especially appreciate Major Keyhoe's efforts.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I especially liked hearing Major Keyhoe point out how radar operators guide pilots through conditions of zero visibility with amazing accuracy, while debunkers are stuck with implying those radar operators are incompetent fools.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
I especially liked hearing Major Keyhoe point out how radar operators guide pilots through conditions of zero visibility with amazing accuracy, while debunkers are stuck with implying those radar operators are incompetent fools.

Xpoq47, thanks for the reply mate and that's a very good point, especially when you factor in cases that have multiple (or visual) radar confirmation - I guess attacking the competence of the radar operator is the last thing for certain people to fall back on.

Don't know if you've looked through Major Keyhoe's archives but there's a link at the thread below which has a lot of info about government UFO documents, scientific papers, police encounters, newspaper articles etc.. they also contain some good input from people such as Dr James E. Mcdonald, Jan Aldrich, Francis Ridge, Ted Bloecher, Wendy Connors, Barry Greenwood etc. :

Major Donald Keyhoe's UFO Archives

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
NICAP New Look Report:

UFOs: A NEW LOOK - A Special Report by the The National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a74b5e6a20cb.jpg[/atsimg]

"One of the most significant developments since 1964 has been the increasing concern over the UFO problem demonstrated by professional scientists and engineers. The growing involvement of scientists insisting on a careful review of the evidence decreases the likelihood that the problem could or would be buried or glossed over in the future before a proper evaluation is made".

Link

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Newspaper article from 1956 which describes the birth of NICAP - Washington representative of the Airline Pilots Association Larry Cates also states 'pilots turn in reports of saucer sightings nightly'.

UFO Chronicles

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Im a firm believer of ufos,But he states that he witnessed two clumps of ufos with
a jet in pursuit.He than says it was about 30 feet in diameter.
Then at about 30 mins+ he was asked if he ever saw a ufo and he says
he once saw a ufo/light flying in the sky.
To me this is why most sheeple dont believe eye witness accounts
like my own as i have quite a few to say the least,.

May i add i think you are a credit to ATS by the way

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
one of the best organization , i love their research documents as reference.

not that i agree with their nuts n bolt / ETH leanings but i still include NICAP as one of the good guys in UFO Research

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
They were certainly up there when it came to active UFO organisations mate and there's an interesting article below about NICAP by the Congressional Record.

Mr Speaker, under leave to extend my remarks, I include an urgent warning by Vice Adm. R.H. Hillenkoetter, former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency [CIA], that certain potential dangers are linked with unidentified flying objects–UFOs.

link

Also a good interview here beteeen Kevin Randle and Francis Ridge.

edit on 18-2-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join