It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Draft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Let's get this out right now... There will be NO DRAFT. I don't care what I read on the internet, or what I see on TV, or what I read in the newspaper, there will be no draft!!! Not now or as long as I live!

But not for the reasons Bush and Kerry will have you believe...they have NOTHING to do with it.

Put simply, if any of you had volunteered for the military (like myself and, I'm sure, some of you) and you were stuck defending a postion, completely outnumbered, and the guy next to you was still complaining about being drafted, would you feel AT ALL safe that this guy had your back? Not me buddy.

I am not in a foxhole, and I do not fire a gun in my day-to-day work. I am in the USAF. I am an F-15 mechanic. We depend on teamwork to get the job done quickly and, above all, safely. Fighter pilots depend on us to deliver them an airworthy jet. I cannot imagine a pilot's thoughts if he knew that a draftee had worked on his jet.

Pilots trust me and my co-workers with their lives. There is no room in the United States military for people who don't want to be there.

join