It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to recruit Russian hackers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It seems the Pentagon has begun to recruit Hackers from around the world, mainly from Russia and China. I knew that the pentagon hired hackers to combat the ever increasing Cyber threats, I didnt know that the Pentagon would hire or recruit hackers from the two countries that seem to always be hacking into the pentagon and other Government and Corporate computers. The Pentagon plans on setting up a Cyber warfare unit similair to the UKs Blechley Park decryption operations during WW2 against Nazi Germany. In 2008 Russian hackers broke into a Top Secret network used for Central Command during the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, which posed a real National security threat, and now they are recruiting hackers from Russia and Asia, but mainly Russia. Russian hackers are considered some of the best in the world.
John Aquilla and advisor to President Obama has stated that he believes the plan will be much more effective than the current way that Cyber threats are dealt with. and is quoted as saying "Political and military control will be much more effective when Master hackers work for us". I found that to be a little alarming, but I know that to combat the growing cyber threats, sometimes if you cant beat them, you join them, or in this case just recruit the hackers and give them really good salaries and accomadations, than what the hackers currently have. What are your thoughts on this ATS, a bit scary considering that the hackers could not just be working for the US gov, and they will most likely have access to much of our National secrets, ect.....

manager.rbth.ru...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Maybe if mainstream education in the U.S was not so dumbed down, they could have recruited some homegrown 'hackers'?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes I totally agree with that statement, the intellect in the US is becoming absurd.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

In China, if you hack into a US government website and tell the authorities, you are rewarded and maybe even offered a job.

In the United States, if you hack into a Chinese government website and tell the authorities, you are arrested and put on trial.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
reply to post by Glassbender777

In China, if you hack into a US government website and tell the authorities, you are rewarded and maybe even offered a job.

In the United States, if you hack into a Chinese government website and tell the authorities, you are arrested and put on trial.

American government doesn't want to piss off China. "There is a negative effect on everything you do." Even when posting.
edit on 15-8-2012 by makemap because: (no reason given)

top topics

join