It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butterflies, What could they signify? Please help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place for this so please move if requried.

This is something that happened yesterday at my home and I was wondering if anyone could help determine the meaning if any. Please note that this was not a dream as my wife, my 2 boys and myself all saw this.

My wife and i were sitting on our porch and my son(5) was next to us talking when this "charkal gray butterfly landed on his chest, we though..Ahhhhh!! Cute but then the butterfly started to "play with him" like flying circles around him and landed all over him an tickleing his neck and all. When my other son (6) heard us laugh an discuss it, him loving bugs, he came over running to see what was up. As he arrived, a second butterfly (same color) showed up and did the same thing with him. It lasted easily 10-15 minutes. We were in AWE!!!

I was told by a friend that seing butterflies could indicate a change coming...
I don't know about that but who knows maybe he was right.

I just had to share this story as this was something that I never seen before in my life!! If someone would happen to know what this could symbolize or even share your own similar stories, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!!!

edit on 23-7-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
As a symbol, it is almost universally agreed that a butterfly symbolizes transformation.

I don't see your son's experience as a symbolic one (unless it was indeed a dream afterall). I see their experience as a "nature" or natural experience.

The colours the boys were wearing or the boys' smell (anything from the laundry soap used for the laundery, the soaps or shampoos or other toiletries used, any trees or other plants the boys had been playing around which may have rubbed on their skin or clothing, sweat and other natural body odors, and even the DIET of the boys can affect one's "smell") is most likely the attraction.

Flutterbyes are fun! Hope you got some family photos for your family album.

edit on 23/7/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: plural possessive

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

The word ‘butterfly’ signifies a type of insect.

Here's what wikipedia says on the matter:

A butterfly is a mainly day-flying insect of the order Lepidoptera, which includes the butterflies and moths. Like other holometabolous insects, the butterfly's life cycle consists of four parts: egg, larva, pupa and adult. Most species are diurnal. Butterflies have large, often brightly coloured wings, and conspicuous, fluttering flight. Butterflies comprise the true butterflies (superfamily Papilionoidea), the skippers (superfamily Hesperioidea) and the moth-butterflies (superfamily Hedyloidea). All the many other families within the Lepidoptera are referred to as moths. The earliest known butterfly fossils date to the mid Eocene epoch, between 40–50 million years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

The butterfly itself doesn't signify a damn thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
reply to post by Teye22

en.wikipedia.org...

It signifies energy flowing in a certain way.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
Not sure if this is the right place for this so please move if requried.

This is something that happened yesterday at my home and I was wondering if anyone could help determine the meaning if any. Please note that this was not a dream as my wife, my 2 boys and myself all saw this.

My wife and i were sitting on our porch and my son(5) was next to us talking when this "charkal gray butterfly landed on his chest, we though..Ahhhhh!! Cute but then the butterfly started to "play with him" like flying circles around him and landed all over him an tickleing his neck and all. When my other son (6) heard us laugh an discuss it, him loving bugs, he came over running to see what was up. As he arrived, a second butterfly (same color) showed up and did the same thing with him. It lasted easily 10-15 minutes. We were in AWE!!!

I was told by a friend that seing butterflies could indicate a change coming...
I don't know about that but who knows maybe he was right.

I just had to share this story as this was something that I never seen before in my life!! If someone would happen to know what this could symbolize or even share your own similar stories, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!!!

edit on 23-7-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

Lucky caterpillars feeding on sweat.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Could be a few things like he has been drinking sweet drinks and sweets in general that will attract them, also shampoos, soaps and lotions.

Sweat will also attract during warm weather.

The thing I always think is that it is good luck and an innocence that the butterflies trust.

It is always good fortune.

Make sure you keep fresh water for them at this time of year. I always do ground soaking of certain butterfly attracting plants.

Give your sons a hug for me!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
reply to post by Teye22

en.wikipedia.org...

It signifies energy flowing in a certain way.

Yes to the human mind it does.

To the rest of the universe, nothing.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

It "means" exactly that... there is energy flowing a certain way there. That is as equally true to non-sentient mechanical material as anything/one else.

Just because the energy can have labels called "butterfly", "wind", "boy", in a human mind etc... doesn't change that there is "energy" flowing in a certain way in the same way that a "river" is a "flow" of "water".

Whether there is a human mind labeling it, the flowing river is still flowing, just like the energy bundle a "human mind" would call "butterfly" still flows as it does whether there is a human mind labeling it or not.
edit on 2012/7/23 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Thank you all for the replies. I reallized that, as was stated earlier, it could have been from what the kids ate..it was hot and they had eaten an ice cream cone shortly before the event........it was still a beautiful sight though.

new topics

top topics

join