It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Orwell - A Final Warning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

This is a scene from a BBC Television Docu-Drama. I haven't seen the whole thing, so maybe the rest is comedic? I don't know, this scene seemed pretty heavy to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

The hardest part with all of this, is there are those who have no idea, those that suspect it but need more before they will admit it, those who know but won't admit it, and those who Know it and won't act, and those who try to act but don't know how.

If the Entire system is the problem, and you don't know anything else How do you shut out the system. If you participate in the system you're only giving it strength.

I've heard posters say we will starve them with our wallets, by having their debt in your wallet you are participating, by buying goods no matter who stands where you are sustaining the system.

I hear others say we will buy gold and silver and spit on their money, you're buying the gold and silver with their money sustaining them. Unless everyone can learn to share and start a completely different system the beast will live on. The "freedoms and joys" the system lets you have are the very chains that bind us. Internet, food, sex, work, leisure. It's all theirs, so how do we stop playing by their rules in a world that's the system.

It's really a tricky ordeal, and getting everyone together to act as one is even more difficult. There are those who simply want to watch the world burn. We see it every day on the news, at protests, in our streets and back alleys. Unfortunately no matter how you spin it, there will always be rape, murder, and theft. Some people are just that way. The same as there are natural disasters with weather and geology. There are natural disasters with Animals as well, disease, viruses, emotions and actions.

As much as we are a living organism, we are another complex emotional organism as well. These very roots in the human system help play into and encourage their system. Fear each other, lie, do not trust your fellow man for it is better to face a man with distrust, that to great him with open arms only to be stabbed in the back.

We've been taught and conditioned from the moments of our birth to think and act a certain way. There are those that feel society itself is to blame for the crimes we fear, and in some senses yes that is true. In a society where we are taught to want, need and consume beyond our means it is no wonder, theft, assaults and murder happen. Jealousy is a natural human emotion, and when it feels we do not fit in, or have what we have been told we need we will act with in our means to achieve those goals. The system, is flawed in and of itself, and it is those flaws that perpetuate the machine. The beast is perfect in design and it's been a long time coming, there is no such thing as an Achilles heal, or self destruct and unfortunately, no easy way to slay this beast.

The way out comes not with religion, or violent uprising. No protest, nor rally or act of god can change it. For it is with in every man that we find the answers. Stop, hating and distrusting your fellow man. Love can only conquer so much, and with love alone the beast lives on. Trust is the answer, unless every man trusts each other, and learns to live with in his fundamental needs the beast will thrive. Hate, jealousy, fear, lust, love and desire all sustain the machine. It is with in every one of us that the beast lives and operates. Conspiracies, truth lies and consumption. We all play our part, and we are no closer to an end, than we are the beginning.

I can go on and on, as life itself will. I just hope that those around us, understand our actions today may not head results for generations to come. It starts with you, with me, with our children and their children. We must give up our fast results life style and understand instant gratification, instant results is a lie.

So many of us today look back to the constitution and great minds of time, and think they were prophets or psychics for "guessing" what the future would hold, but it is with the understanding time is irrelevant that these things begin to make sense, and all the pieces begin to fall into place. Patience is more important than anything I've mentioned before. I only hope that any of you reading this can make sense of what I have said, as I've only begun to understand my own thoughts as of late. I've had a whole lot of time to ponder this, and unfortunately I may not have too much more. It is with these words I hope I can pass the thought on to others, to nurture and allow it to grow on their own. As I will use my time to do the same.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Ilyich

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
Is this part of a comedy docu-drama or based on his real words ?
Reason being is that these two actors are British comedians who normally do funny sketches.

im british and i have never seen either of them two do a comedy sketch ,, can you give us there real names then

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

It's Chris Langham. The Thick of It. People Like Us. Lots of things.

In fact, here you go.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 25-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

haha nice one cheers must have been before my time when they was out lol

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

The Thick of It 2005-2012 (new series starts soon)
People Like Us 1995-2001

edit on 25-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
He was right, but we can also predict the future kinda, becouse there are many futures and many possibilities. Its upon us, what future we want.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
His vision of the future is now almost in our past. We can talk about it all week like but the reality is that we will just fade into history as the present continues to slide deeper towards the world of # that orwell described.

Cheers for posting.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Seems to me growing and growing focus on sex and the constant sexual imagery and subjects of every talk show and MD show on orgasm and self pleasure...the teaching of sex in lower and lower grades in school do not show this to be correct in the least!

Actually it's quite sad. A child who has been molested over and over young will come to be unable to associate the natural and proper emotions associated with the act. Too young is a serious assault. I would think by introducing and pressuring children to engage early with an incorrect mindset would eventually evolve into exactly what Orwell predicts. This world is predictable, It endorses everything opposite to God's law.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain
reply to post by Char-Lee

Seems to me growing and growing focus on sex and the constant sexual imagery and subjects of every talk show and MD show on orgasm and self pleasure...the teaching of sex in lower and lower grades in school do not show this to be correct in the least!

Actually it's quite sad. A child who has been molested over and over young will come to be unable to associate the natural and proper emotions associated with the act. Too young is a serious assault. I would think by introducing and pressuring children to engage early with an incorrect mindset would eventually evolve into exactly what Orwell predicts. This world is predictable, It endorses everything opposite to God's law.

I think you are totally right.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Seeing as this was addressed to people 62 years ago, and seeing where the world is at right now... I think its safe to say that the WWII generation but more so the baby boomers DUN GOOFED.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by usernamehere

Originally posted by ninjas4321
reply to post by michael1983l

It already has. Now how do we get back our lives?

Really?
"the sex instinct will be eradicated we shall abolish the orgasm "

What about all the anti-depressant drugs nearly everyone is on having extrem sexual side effects. Not able to achieve orgasms. Rising ED. Propercia having LONG-TERM permanent side effects... seems with all the drugs and chemicals and view that sex is bad (while violence is AOKAY) the orgasm is slowly fading away.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Perhaps your reading its intent the wrong way. Sex used to be sacred, a special thing between a man and a woman. Now we live in a world where women will hump you for chicken nuggets in the drive thru. Does that make more sense?

Agreed, and men also disregard the sacredness of love as well and chase after those women. There is no need to be hypocritical when making a point.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

Not being hypocritical...I love McNuggets.....and they love me....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
He got the orgasm part wrong, still plenty of that going around. As for bootss tamping on human faces forever, that started way back at the beginning of time.

But it will get worse as technology advances and makes it more and more possible for a few people to utterly dominate millions.

If it doesn't happen right away, people will drop their guard and say "Ahhh. That's just a bunch of paranoid hooey! See! Nothing happened!". But of course, the future doesn't end tomorrow.
edit on 25-7-2012 by BrianFlanders because: forgot something

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

glad you took that as light hearted as I wrote it

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
he had it right 50 years ago

But did he have it right about Room 101? Do you want to learn what really happened there?

Here is the forbidden knowledge directly from Goldstein.
edit on 4-10-2012 by simus because: misprint

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
History is wrought with people who knew certain truths and opted to encode them in their art as a way of getting the message out for fear of persecution.

Mr. Orwell is in good company.

When the hammer finally strikes the nail,
We will not be able to say we weren't warned.
The information is freely available to anyone who cares to look truth in the eyes and stare it down.
It was provided to us because if it were not, then TPTB would be in violation of our collective free will.

They tell us what they are going to do.
We agree through silence.
They do it without violating our collective free will.

It has ALWAYS been this way.
It will continue to be this way.

It is not up to THEM to stop.
It is up to us to exercise our free will.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

also like to add further: that in a time of global oppression - speaking truth to power is a courageous act...we must all make!!

∞LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Orwell was right about a lot of things. However, if one looks honestly at 1984 and Huxley's Brave New World, I see our world as going more toward Huxley's dystopia these days. This is just a personal observation.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join