It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Orwell - A Final Warning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This was his last interview before he died in 1950 and its scary he had it right 50 years ago

edit on 23-7-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What does he say, can't watch youtube in work.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

It's not really prediction when he was part of the Fabian Society and saw what they had planned.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

In our world their will be no emotions except fear rage and triumph the sex instinct will be eradicated we shall abolish the orgasm their will be no loyalty except to the party but always their will be the intoxication of power always at evry moment their will be the thrill of victory the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless

If you want to imagine the future imagine a boot stepping on a human face forever the moral of this story don't let it happen

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

It already has. Now how do we get back our lives?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere

It's actually simple if we could all agree to opt out of their system, starve the beast, vote with your wallet, live a happy life and speak your mind.
It is still possible to a lesser extent without support, it will just take longer to infect people with sanity and logic.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
we can do it with love the most powerful thing we all have ,love for our fellow man and women don't want to sound sexist , love and stand together united we stand divided we fall its a true saying ,,thats how they are winning us now by dividing us divide and concur

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Really?
"the sex instinct will be eradicated we shall abolish the orgasm "

Seems to me growing and growing focus on sex and the constant sexual imagery and subjects of every talk show and MD show on orgasm and self pleasure...the teaching of sex in lower and lower grades in school do not show this to be correct in the least!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

"the sex instinct will be eradicated we shall abolish the orgasm
this mite well come at a later stage after you have been eating monsanto gm crops it mite be your children or there children that are effected by this one way to control the population

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

It's actually simple if we could all agree to opt out of their system, starve the beast, vote with your wallet, live a happy life and speak your mind.
It is still possible to a lesser extent without support, it will just take longer to infect people with sanity and logic.

Good luck getting everybody to work together as a unit, because that's what it's going to take. Yet everyone is still thinking, "I have to worry about my own life, but someone else will do it, I'm sure."

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

thats exactly it you have hit the nail on the head , i have always wondered why we are like that was it put in to us at school like teachers saying never mind him its about you and your career

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by g146541

Good luck getting everybody to work together as a unit, because that's what it's going to take. Yet everyone is still thinking, "I have to worry about my own life, but someone else will do it, I'm sure."

Is why I do my own thing as much as possible.
No bank account, it is nice in the past 10 or so years I have paid not 1 bank fee!!
I do not shop at walmart.
Where possible I buy Made in the USA, and only buy otherwise as a last ditch effort.
I point out when I can the little things that I see wrong.
I do what I can for myself and I live life.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That was........ surreal. It was almost like he was channeling the words, from another world. Between the first part of the interview segment to that his mood, tone, intonation and voice change.

The woman is trying here best to to run in terror. Maybe that is how we should ALL FEEL.

And that is the key, Feeling. We need more of it. that much is true.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Thanks for sharing this. "1984" was one of the first fiction novels I read when I was 10 years old. It left a deep and lasting impression on me. Some 40 years later, I finally finished "Atlas Shrugged"...which I wish I had known about and read 40 years ago. In my mind, "Atlas Shrugged" shows how we get to "1984"....with reality providing a different ending than the book.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

we are taught to fear the fathoms of emotion and instead skip along its surface, even in love we do this, it is not encouraged to stumble too far inside ones own machinations, even moreso those "primitive" emotions we consider outdated outmoded or old hat.

reply to post by Char-Lee

that to me is not a sign of our enduring fondness of orgasm but rather of how well coordinated the attack is. the over abundance of sexual imagery and depraved acts has become the norm but for what reason? desensitization is a likely culprit but moreso it is perhaps a weighted problem, remember when indiana jones removed the golden idol replacing it with a bag of worthless.

edit on 23-7-2012 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

That being the case, and I agree with you, seeing as the human condition even as described by Nash's Game Theory which has formed the basis of social engineering since the early 80's is, by his own admission not complex enough to describe human motivation and action. This "education" is purely an extension of this and just another mechanism of control which we gladly accept.

Explore your depths, and embrace them, its the only way to true freedom of the self.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dirkpotters

But Atlas Shrugged was by Ayn Rand. A Rothschilde mistress and written under instruction of the Rothschild. Doesn't that mean its "evil"? Or is it only evil when used as an instruction manual, and only good when looked at as a warning about what is being planned?

I.haven't read it, and I admit I don't know much about it, or her. Just stuff I heard. ID like to know more though.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
When I see things about 1984 and george orwell it has always been with a slight hint that he's on our side. Even before I read the book I had that impression. But then I read it and I no longer hold that opinion.

The book is very negative! No I'm not talking about the police state slant, but rather the outcome! What did it tell you exactly? No matter what you do you can't win! They will have you sat on a bench broken and slithers of your former self!

No, I don't think george was on our side...

In the interview george says "I think it is a good idea" In response to a question regarding 1984...

Also in the video I noticed the lady say "by drawing an accurate portrait of the future" This was filmed in 1950, so how would she know it was "accurate"? Strange...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I think he was on our side, assuming you mean the side of humanity and social freedoms. He didn't just write he also fought in the Spanish civil war against the facists. He also wrote Down and out in Paris and London, Animal farm, many others. From reading most of his novels the general trend i get is he's against any form of totalitarian government.

Also how did you think the documentary was from 1950 ? A big give away should have been it was in colour and is in high definition ?

edit on 23-7-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
surreal

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join