It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympics 2012 underground poster

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
reply to post by Saphire187

There is one picture on The London Underground. Notice the UFO in the top right corner!

That image gives me the creeps.

Eric Blair (George Orwell) must be spinning in his grave.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Is that something with horns? I'm trying to make out a ponytail or something, but it looks like a horn. The forehead and the eye of whatever appears to have a horn is odd, too.

You're kidding right? That's a quiff not horns. Please please please get a grip of yourself.

edit on 24-7-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by murkraz

Is that something with horns? I'm trying to make out a ponytail or something, but it looks like a horn. The forehead and the eye of whatever appears to have a horn is odd, too.

You're kidding right? That's a quiff not horns. Please please please get a grip of yourself.

No need of being mean. I said that I felt silly posting it.

I had to Google what a quiff was, btw.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Baxta54

Originally posted by Baxta54
I'm convinced there is a classic "grey alien" right in the centre of this poster.

Very odd.

First poster everybody look up and nice a Alien and 3 post up a ufo with the all seeing eye

edit on 24-7-2012 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by radioboffin

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
so , anyone else noticed how alot of these posters seem to show people looking ..... up ......

I`m staying clear of London , and people think i`m crazy for saying something bad is gonna happen , but i hope i`m wrong ....... for the sake of England and all she was.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

If you had to google what a quiff was then you really ought to work a bit more on that whole denying ignorance thing that ATS attempts to do.

I'm not trying to be mean - it is simply extremely exasperating to read such silly silly posts - not just yours - but most of the posts on this thread,

Don't get carried off into the realm of conspiratorial fantasy. We need conspiracy busters who operate in the real world.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I never siad this person could not be a Sheikh.

what is annoying and the point i am making is that so many are so adamant that this person MUST be a Sheikh.

You do not know that this image is supposed to be portraying a sheikh. You cannot say that for certainty but this is what you are doing.

Also , I did not call this person an arab. I did not label this person at all. YOU want me to explain why he is an arab and not a Sheikh. Why? I never said he was an arab.

It is not just Sheikhs who wear Turbans.

For example if somone wanted to portray a member of say, some Taliban in a picture they may draw this person with a turban. Why would they draw this person with a Turban? Because I understand that the some elements of the Taliban require everyone to wear a turban. Unfortunately elements of the media seem to thing its ok to portray terrorists as people in Turbans.This is not my fault.

Once again, I never said this person was an arab, a sheikh, anything, I just don't see how others can be so adamant that they somehow know what this image is meant to be portraying.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I didnt think there would be this much interest in my first thread. I wanted to join ATS months ago as i thought i would share my thoughts.

I only noticed a few things in the poster but a lot of people who contributed to the thread have really pulled it apart. Thanks for giving me an insight into it, Im glad i joined now

reply to post by solitudeandme

Your right, I immediately thought subliminal programming, if that's the right word, isn't it Derren Brown (an mazing British magician who uses subliminal tactics on his audience's and tells you how and why it works).

The only reason why i really looked into the pic was after seeing programs on derren brown. I thought there was more to it. Also that when you look at something your subconcious mind absorbs it all
edit on 24-7-2012 by Saphire187 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Saphire187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Notice how the arab guy is the only one not looking at the dude in the air?
Hes looking at the station.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Saphire187

Someone may have noted it already, but he looks more like an Indian Sikh to me, most definitely not Arabian.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Would you please just stop and think before you type. I did NOT say this person was a Sheikh YOU DID....I went to the trouble of posting a definition. A Sheikh is an Arab.

I said the guy was a Sikh.....from India.

Sheikh and Sikh are not different spellings for the same people - they refer to different peoples.

So with you - who cannot even determine the difference after the definitions have been posted - and obstinately continue to use the word Sheikh in place of the word Sikh - how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously. You are presenting ignorance in its finest form.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It' being reported that the for the first time the torch will be taken underground on route to the stadium. Bum bum bum!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I feel that speculating on symbolism and its uses has merit; whether or not it has to specifically indicate anything in this case is another matter. Frankly I'm open to all points of view.

But getting back to the OP's poster, that being the main one under discussion, I noticed something that apparently hasn't been mentioned yet:

Note the balloon? It's not attached to anything. It's simply on its way up. And it's the only balloon in the whole poster. The moment I saw this the idiom "when the balloon goes up" came to mind. For those not familiar with it, here's a definition from dictionary.cambridge.org

the balloon goes up
Definition
If the balloon goes up, a situation suddenly becomes very serious or unpleasant

Okay, so this part of the image could be interpreted to mean that when something very serious or unpleasant happens then it's a "red flag".

True, we don't have to take "red flag" as the literal meaning of that flag, though it could be part of the meaning. I mean, why would this woman be carrying a red flag? Around Olympics time, most people who will be carrying flags will use ones of various countries. But no country's flag is plain red (with zero decoration), so that could also imply that her flag is false.

I also find it odd that the orange-haired guy in the foreground has hair the same color as that balloon.

As for the guy in the headdress, the only things that concern me are his isolation from the others and that he appears to be moving away.

Mike
edit on 24/7/12 by JustMike because: tpyo

link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by murkraz

If you had to google what a quiff was then you really ought to work a bit more on that whole denying ignorance thing that ATS attempts to do.

I'm not trying to be mean - it is simply extremely exasperating to read such silly silly posts - not just yours - but most of the posts on this thread,

Don't get carried off into the realm of conspiratorial fantasy. We need conspiracy busters who operate in the real world.

I get you, and don't disagree with you. This thread isn't much to look at in comparison to some of the other heavy hitters, but these are lighter threads of speculation amassed with all sorts of conspiracy-driven sharp eyed folk. You're less likely to find that busting vigor in a thread based on vague symbols, but symbols are symbols. (A flop of hair, not so much
)

Still a bit wide-eyed at the whole tattoo of the pyramid and all seeing eye back a few.

"Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws."
- Confucius

link   

i never labelled this person. never.

stop making false accusations against me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

What??? You continually referred to the word Sheikh as if I had used it.

link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

i never labelled this person. never.

stop making false accusations against me.

To be fair, your post was pretty damn confusing.

link   
reply to post by murkraz

You might find paranoia, bigotry and racism to be a light hearted distraction - I do not.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
To those that are mentioning the sign "Bank is the last station...its the "End of the Line " !

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join