It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not just Spain, what is happening with Italy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Italy stocks were apparently down some 5 per cent thought they have recovered in the meantime. But that's not what I was drawing attention to but rather a couple of articles and observations posted on Zerohedge:

The "Blacklist" - Ten Italian Cities On Verge Of Financial Collapse

Desperation Time: Italian Regulator Reintroduces Financial Stock Short Selling Ban

So here we have a report that Italy harbors cities on the verge of financial collapse and the Italian Regulator has implemented a short selling ban.

With the market initially showing a huge dive of some 5 per cent on Italian stocks and evasive action to ban short selling, is it now Italy's turn to experience the full force of the Eurozone crisis and meltdown?

ETA can't find any commentary in MSM though they are a bit slow I guess.
edit on 23-7-2012 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You honestly didn't expect Italy and Spain to slum out of it with wishful thinking did you?

They were always gonna tank like Greece did, it was only a matter of time. One thing America hasn't learned yet that you cannot put off the inevitable forever. Thats what Spain and Italy are now figuring out.

When Europe is in full dive mode, thats when it will get fun like in America...thats when America starts to take the elevator down.

We're seeing the begining of that I think.

And there's nothing that will solve this in the long run...it has to collapse.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

No I didn't either would escape but it comes very quickly after, or rather together with Spain's woes. Will get interesting unless someone pulls another rabbit and delays the financial demise.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Italy is the 3rd largest economy of EU.
Spain is the 4th largest economy of EU.

Both countries have EXTREMELY interconnected import-export exchanges.

Spain will go down, and will go down most likely in days.Italy will be shortly after on same path.Than Europe as a whole...than

ONLY revolution can save us from the greedy elites.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
listen the economy has been a fabrication for millenia and now if you can picture a hundred foot tall man being shot by a cannon and taking several years to fall down, then you will see whats ahead. it's already dead, just takes time to topple down is all.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Italy regional debt is as bad as spains.

(Reuters) - Italian regional authorities may not be able to open schools after the summer break if spending cuts planned in the government's latest spending review are carried through, the head of the Union of Italian Provinces (UPI) said on Monday.

"With these cuts we won't be able to guarantee the opening of the school year," UPI President Giuseppe Castiglione told reporters in Rome.

Piero Lacorazza, president of the province of Potenza in southern Italy, said the comment was "not an exaggeration", adding that "half of the provinces are in serious financial difficulty".

The comment underscores growing concern about the financial stability of Italy's local and regional governments as the recession and cuts to central government spending bite into their finances.

Reuters

There's simply just not enouth money to keep everything going after the budget cuts.
And the italian 10y bond trading at 6.37% and with spain at 7.5% both will need
a bailout soon.

Poor germany.
edit on 23/7/2012 by skuly because: my spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is like dominoes falling. So, what's the order you guys see the different countries' financial collapse?

Just curious.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector

NO it isn't

1st - Germany
2nd - France
3rd - UK

I guess you meant Eurozone, not EU.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by Recollector

NO it isn't

1st - Germany
2nd - France
3rd - UK

I guess you meant Eurozone, not EU.

Yes, sorry about that and thank you for correcting me.

It is the 4th in Eurozone.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

removed post
edit on 23-7-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join