It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Knight Rises revolution ***spoilers***

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
*** SPOILERS*** If you have not seen the Dark Knight Rises do not read***

So like a lot of people I went to go see the Dark Knight Rises this weekend. I was blown away at there vision of revolution in our modern society. To make a long story short, they basically take the whole city hostage with a nuke, remove police and cut it off from the outside world. After that the bad guy basically tells them (the people) to take back there city. There are then scenes of the poor and middle class kicking in the doors of the rich and taking everything by force. It had a very we are the 99% feel to it and was very chilling. It then shows the "people" hauling the rich in front of a "trial" and sentencing them to death or "exile" ha or death by exile. Anyways a very chilling vision of how a "french revolution" style revolution would look like in the modern world. What did you think?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ecto1

Yes it was very chilling, but I think I got a different message than you. The line that Gordon used when he found out the Lieutenant Commissioner was hiding at home (I can't remember his name), it went something like this....
(I'm paraphrasing since I can't remember exactly what was said off the top of my head.)
LT: "I'm going to wait here until they (meaning the US troops and gov't) stop them. (meaning Bane and the 99%)"
Gordon "They're not going to stop him, it has to come from the inside, WE have to stop him."

So I see the message as:
The 1% are greedy and stealing the wealth and resources from the 99%.

The 99% is a mindless mob that will listen to anyone that promises them a better life, and will even resort to killing off the 1% for their revenge.

But it takes you as an individual to stand up for what is right and create the change that will save us, which does not mean killing the 1%, but actually means saving them since they are just as much a victim of the system as the 99% .

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
and the distraction was a game, the footballer running and making the end goal showed just how much of a game it all is.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There's several thread discussing the movie here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussions in the Movies forum.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join