It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If extraterrestrials exist, what do you think the nature of ET society is

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
heh, you know I believe start trek to be a good example of a highly developed humanoid ET species.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
probably rastafari

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I really don't like high-speculation threads like this, but I'm posting in one now so I guess I'll contribute.

The first conclusion I can draw from the societies of extraterrestrials that may be visiting this planet in secret is that they have gotten past the point of war with their own species. Otherwise they would have likely destroyed their planets already like we're on the brink of. They likely have one-world governments and little to no regional tribal differences that could start violence. They've probably also eliminated money for the same reasons.

The other conclusion I can draw is that they've likely tossed aside all their regional religions/cults and either practice no religion or have some type of religion based upon some type of universal truths they've discovered in their travels across space. Perhaps something like Gaia/Nature/The Force beliefs.

All this would lead to many political conclusions. It causes me to conclude their societies are liberal. More liberal anything we experience here on our planet. Yes. I am liberally biased, but I cannot see any species that behaves as ours does making it off the surface from which they spawned.

Their societies will be completely alien to us, but only because we likely are doing exactly the opposite of what needs to be done to become a space faring race.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

some type of religion based upon some type of universal truths they've discovered in their travels across space. Perhaps something like Gaia/Nature/The Force beliefs.

I believe that they've somehow combined science, mathematics and spirituality to explain what we call "God" except they probably don't call it "God" but rather something along the lines of "infinite source". I believe they've discovered how "God" can be explained via deeper understanding of universal physics/science and mathematical models we have yet to discover.

But ya, for sure they've gotten past war, peacefully unified.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Utopia2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join