It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain to Receive Full National Bailout? The Beginning of the End?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This comes from the BBC today:

Markets have fallen on fears Spain's indebted regional governments will push the country into seeking a full national bailout.

On Friday, Valencia, one of the country's 17 regions, asked the central government for a financial lifeline.

On Sunday, a local newspaper in Murcia quoted its government's head as saying it would ask for funding help of up to 300m euros ($363m; £233m).

The yield on Spain's 10-year bonds has jumped to 7.55%.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is pretty bad news! In order to put this into context, please read the following statement:

On Friday, the bond yield - which implies the interest rate the government would have to pay to borrow new money, and acts as a measure of investor confidence in Spain's creditworthiness - had been 7.28%.

Germany's 10-year borrowing costs have fallen to 1.13%, reflecting investors' trust in the country, leaving a record difference between the yield on German and Spanish bonds.

A full national bailout? What impications would that have for the Eurozone? Would this lead to a full scale depression?

Remember this video I posted a while back?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
This comes from the BBC today:

Markets have fallen on fears Spain's indebted regional governments will push the country into seeking a full national bailout.

On Friday, Valencia, one of the country's 17 regions, asked the central government for a financial lifeline.

On Sunday, a local newspaper in Murcia quoted its government's head as saying it would ask for funding help of up to 300m euros ($363m; £233m).

The yield on Spain's 10-year bonds has jumped to 7.55%.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is pretty bad news! In order to put this into context, please read the following statement:

On Friday, the bond yield - which implies the interest rate the government would have to pay to borrow new money, and acts as a measure of investor confidence in Spain's creditworthiness - had been 7.28%.

Germany's 10-year borrowing costs have fallen to 1.13%, reflecting investors' trust in the country, leaving a record difference between the yield on German and Spanish bonds.

A full national bailout? What impications would that have for the Eurozone? Would this lead to a full scale depression?

Remember this video I posted a while back?

I think you are right to be VERY concerned about this. LOOK what globalization is doing to us individually, locally, nationally and internationally. The authorities are backing a "dead horse" and it is destroying everything; from the individual to family to work to the very way we live. It is "new" authoritarianism and its very days are numbered, yet we must live through these horrible and destructive times. Poor Spain I say. It is just about to be purchased by the "New Authoritarians".

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This S.H.I.T. hit me hard on FOREX ffs.

I was expecting a DROP on $ vs euro after jobless and home sales data from US.

Well, I guess Spain made it so that the euro currency will drop like a rock, probably under 1:1 parity with the US$.

I think this week will be a make-or-break for EU and the World, because when, not if, Spain will ask like 500 bil euros bailout AND in the same time Greece exits the euro, US will also go down.

Get ready for the INEVITABLE storm.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
well that's what happens when the IMF says you're a threat to the world.....

Things are pretty bad here in Spain. I am planning to get the F out soon. When the provinces are forced to cut the fat there will be huge problems. They have allot of dirt on all leadership of all parties. They will turn rat if they are not getting their piece of the pie.

I expect riots.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
well that's what happens when the IMF says you're a threat to the world.....

Things are pretty bad here in Spain. I am planning to get the F out soon. When the provinces are forced to cut the fat there will be huge problems. They have allot of dirt on all leadership of all parties. They will turn rat if they are not getting their piece of the pie.

I expect riots.

110% agree with you.

I will go further and say HUGE riots that very well could lead to a rebellion or revolution.Spain is NOT Greece.They are 40+ million people and a lot of big cities, not to mention latin blood.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Recollector because: *

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yields on Spanish bonds are even higher hitting over 7.5 per cent today. Spain is screwed and its not just their national government needing a bailout to support their banks but their heavily debt burdened regions.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is big news, but sadly, we knew this was going to happen.

First, Greece, the next would be Spain.

Following that, Italy will be the next, but due to all the EU countries being connected so much with the economic union, the space between the downfall of Greece and Spain will more than likely be halved for the space between Spains downfall and Italys. And likewise with Italy and Portugal, and by the time that happens, it will be a week after Portugal and Ireland, and at that point, the whole EU will go down the drain.

September will be an interesting month.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
This is big news, but sadly, we knew this was going to happen.

First, Greece, the next would be Spain.

Following that, Italy will be the next, but due to all the EU countries being connected so much with the economic union, the space between the downfall of Greece and Spain will more than likely be halved for the space between Spains downfall and Italys. And likewise with Italy and Portugal, and by the time that happens, it will be a week after Portugal and Ireland, and at that point, the whole EU will go down the drain.

September will be an interesting month.

Yep, hopefully the Euro will be that weak it means I will be going on a cheap holiday - silver lining to every cloud and all that.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I don't know if Europe will be a safe place for tourists by that point. Imagine a whole contenant in social unrest? Things will turn VERY ugly. When Europeans are pissed, they are pissed.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Combined with the fall out from the Libor scandal, this could be the tipping point for the global economy.

I'm with Celente on this one - next stop - world war !

geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com.au...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

No more dangerous than a holiday in Egypt or Tunisia I would say.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Exactly, and look at them at the moment.

Northen Europe is still ok though, if you don't mind the cold weather,lol

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Trolloks

No more dangerous than a holiday in Egypt or Tunisia I would say.

Yep, and look at how many tourists are there...

Anyway, if Catalunia (Spain region with Barcelona as capital) ask for a bailout...it is game over.Catalunia's economy is bigger than Portugal's one.

In the minute Catalunia ask for help, Spain is the new Greece.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

They never would. They are really doing well. I don't know if it is to spite the central government, them being separatists, but they usually give more than they get. Real competent leadership there. I have nothing on them.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I was just looking for more info on the spanish provincial debt and found this

The Spanish region of Murcia moved closer to following Valencia in seeking financial aid from the government, which set up an €18 billion fund earlier this year to help the regions refinance their debt. Media reported half a dozen others were ready to do likewise.

Posted by RTE news I havent head of this outlet before, so a grain of salt must be taken with this
LinkRTE artical.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Recollector

They never would. They are really doing well. I don't know if it is to spite the central government, them being separatists, but they usually give more than they get. Real competent leadership there. I have nothing on them.

Might wanna watch this video on CNN :

edition.cnn.com...#/video/business/2012/07/23/exp-spain-indebted-regions-soares.cnn

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Both Spain and Italy market regulators imposed a ban on the short selling of stocks.

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
bankers are getting what they want and the people are suffering for the bankers mistakes. just look at Italy, they have to loan money to Spain as part of the bailout. now Italy has to borrow at 7% from the IMF and loan it to Spain at 3%, what part of that is not an indicator of what the bankers are doing?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Link please?

Very interesting if true!!!

Just one big game!!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Here you go:

www.youtube.com...

top topics