It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stand Jesus. Please god no more.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I notice in your avatar section you state ''Trust God-Not Man''

This is the problem, if people would put faith in each other instead of a mythical figure that's brainwashed into people at an early, vulnerable age.... then things would be a 100 times better here on earth.

Even if there was a God, it wouldn't be the one people here depict. One reason for that is this 'worshipping' situation, what kind of surpreme being would actually 'want' to be worshipped? The ego of the God would have to be massive for that, imagine having all these earthlings grovelling at your feet all the time, annoying or what? I'd say it's okay to love a God in the same way you love your family e.c.t but to worship? Ridiculous.

One other thing, people praying for help, not gonna work even if there was a God. Reason being that a being as wise as a God would surely either help everyone who asked or no one at all, obviously it's the latter that applies considering the state of the planet, there could be no middle ground otherwise it'd be completely unjust and I can't see a God being unjust, can anyone else?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Ironically i have the same problem as you. Only my problem is that I dispise people that just can't seem to let people live their lives the way they see fit. So to put it simply . People like you. Why don't you sit in your room at your moms house and cry. Until one day when you finally grow up and learn some tolerance.
End of rant.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

What you deem to be ridiculous isn't a universal definition for all. Live and let live. As long as whatever is going on doesn't affect you personally, I don't see what the problem is, and that's the same thing I'm saying to the OP.

I'm not a Christian. Whether I'm religious or not isn't even relevant. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and values, and they have a right to not be attacked and ridiculed for them.

The solution to the problem is very simple, and one that I will demonstrate by walking away from this ridiculousness and letting OP and whomever else continue to argue it out ad nauseum, and none of it will bother me because I'm making a conscious decision to NOT let it bother me

See how easy that was?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
Why don't you sit in your room at your moms house and cry.

you're not even worth it. I finally see the error in my ways. Thank you.
edit on 25-7-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster. These are my personal thoughts, not an response or attack on anyone in particular.

If you're religious, fine, just don't push it down my throat and expect me to like or believe it. I was force fed Christianity constantly by my grandma growing up until she passed away when I was 15. I grew up suspicious before rebelling completely against it, so now don't believe a word of it. Thank goodness for the influence of my father in later years when we got back in contact who told me to 'question everything'.

My personal view and dislike stems from one basic point: when something good happens to someone, Christian's will thank God for doing it for them or helping them do it. When something bad happens, it's all their fault or sin and not the culpability of God at all - is it not possible for humans to do something positive without 'divine' intervention?

The question I ask, why do people blindly believe a story because an ancient book tells them to? Do you believe all other books from that time? Did you trust everything you read in the paper today? No to the last one i'm guessing? Or is that because the paper was written by people who can be corrupted? The bible was written by many different people at many different times, how can we be sure all their sources were unbiased or accurate with no other agenda?

I'm sorry, my thoughts on this aren't clearly defined on this, but we're on a website whose tagline is 'deny ignorance' and all I see when I visit is people who seem to embrace it because of faith.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82

none of it will bother me because I'm making a conscious decision to NOT let it bother me

See how easy that was?

So basically you're choosing to block out reality by consciously choosing ignorance instead of facing the problem head on? That's okay, people do like to bury their heads in the sand now and again. It might be easy for you to do but not for me.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
You seem abnormally obsessed by someone you don't think exists.

There is something very very wrong with that!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
What's your beef with Jesus? I'd be more concerned about your ego, pride, vanity, they're running your life.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

agree! I've always found it strange people would yell "thank jesus" or something like that. It's like thanking Yoda for the food I eat today. It would actually be more accurate to thank yoda, since he is in a science fiction movie, while the other walks the streets of Fairy Tale village.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Amen brother, amen. Go tell it on the mountain my friend, scream it loud & proud. They still aint gonna hear you. The have" Selective Religious Hearing" Yes they suffer from SRH. They hear what they want about the delusion in which they live. and cast out what makes damn sense.
edit on 25-7-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
the things i never understand about religion, christianity or not is

I can see how you might be blinded. Seek more, seek truth. It is a lifetime journey!

i cant think of one religion that hasn't caused death, either through wars, misconstrued hardcore views of own religion(aka stoning to death,snake biting) or mutilation of their childrens bodies in the name of god oh yah lets not also forget how many scientific endeavors were destroyed OR NEVER FOLLOWED becuase of religion AWESOME!

Again, speaking of death, you act as if - death is not of this world. Do people not die in the name of truth and lies alike? You remind me of the post a few pages back... someone was explaining an oatmeal website and their widely accepted views. Talking about: We being bags of bones and living on a small rock, seeming helpless in a beautiful universe. Is this not, how you look at life? If not, please explain your sense of being.

with out money half of these institutions would not continue to exist and if any god really exist

I disagree. What institutions are you speaking of? Surely you can't be talking about the churches in my neighbor. As they pretty much require near if not more - the same rent I am paying.

WILL THE REAL GOD PLEASE STAND UP, PLEASE STAND UP

In time, I hope you will stand up. Remember to seek Jesus. Nothing can stand in your way!

with all the death destruction, atrocities, horrific crimes against human nature and this planet, who cares if jc is coming back where are the rest of the so called gods, is jesus the only one that is suppose to save us,how do the rest of the religions deal with the crap going on in the world

Again, you seemed to be caught up in all the death, what is it about some of you non believers that always draws back to death

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I'm tired of Jesus Christ. Makes me want to take his name in vain then slam my face on a wall.
To me it is just absolutely crazy some of the things I read about him.
They say to let people believe what they want, okay you do that but i'm going to let you know,
it hurts watching people piss their lives away on a meaningless manipulative ploy.

I typed Jesus into facebook public posts which I shouldn't have, but because my curiousity was piqued at just how many people this very second were thinking or talking about Jesus.

Pictures of "like if jesus is the only way to heaven" comments "jesus your love is amazing"

WTF YOU PEOPLE ARE DELUSIONAL!!! SERIOUSLY FREAKIN DELUSIONAL.

"Jesus Gave Up His Life That You And I Can Be Free From Sin..."
These people have been infected with a social disease.

"Even if the world deserts me, I have Jesus. I have it all by the grace of God"
No you won't.

I know it pisses off christians to hear people like me come out of the shadows and speak their minds, but I don't care anymore how sensitive I should be, some things are just absolutely wrong.

You don't try and justify pedophiles touching kids? Why? because it's WRONG.

"just wakin' up...thank god for jesus...30+hours of sleep=a good work week for mee....."

WTF DOES THIS EVEN MEAN????????????

It's like Christians feel they can justify any stupid thing with Jesus.

And it just keeps updating constantly. Line after line about Jesus......

It's actually scary as hell knowing your surrounded by these people, I don't care how nice you are, this stuff has to go sooner rather then later..

/end rant.

Pretty disgusting post ... I didnt read anything really, just saw the title, saw the capitol letters .. rude stuff
Saying your sick of somebody you no absolutely nothing about, is pretty low as an indiviudal, I see you are seeking attention or a fight with this one.. I think you could of lived another day without bad mouthing Jesus the Christ. I am not christian, and belive christians take the *man-handled* bible waaay out of context to the point they live by this book everyday... but I do belive in Jesus the Christ, not just as a being who once breathed this air, but as a higher consciousness.

Saying this about jesus.. is like me saying Im sick of Justin Bieber. Which I am by farrrr because Ive expereinced his insanity thing callled music.. but you havent expereinced the Christ consciousness. Your a lower conscious human being seeking attention, bad mouthing something you dont understand. And you base your rant on others (christians) who are equally lost about this man.

i see many agree with you and many oppose you... I dont care what you think of the Christ himself. I just think your a lunatic for coming public and ranting about things you dont know, and putting down a great man in our history whos energy is always there to tap into.. you will never be half the man Jesus the Christ was, he accepts you for your silly ranting about him. You dont accept him because you get ticked off with christians and their fanatic mentality with this man.

Shame
grow up people.

~ Love is an art

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Perhaps I've got this wrong, but I'm beginning to think that its the 'idea' of what others think Jesus is or was and how others interpret this in their own lives, rather than what could possibly be the fact in this whole concept.

I personally don't believe in 'Jesus' but I love the idea of what is said about his nature and character. I however wouldn't use it as reasoning for the good or bad that happens in my life though.

Tolerance is the key

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Why don't you start by proving to us that Jesus didn't exist. Prove to me that heaven isn't real? Prove to me that we dont' have a soul that goes on to an after life. Prove that we should worship atheism for the religious aspect of our lives, and that we shouldn't have the right to worship who we want.

You're being so rediculous. Because someone like vanilla instead of chocolate they're a bad person? If you had the same views about a homosexual thinking there choices were bad if you said it it could be considered a hate crime. But that's okay. But yet someone shouldn't choose Jesus.

In case you haven't realized EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT in this world. Everyone looks different acts different conducts there lives differently. So some like budda, some mohamad, some Jesus, some the monkey. They all have placed there chips on the craps table of life. And there all hoping that after they die they are right.

Besides the only reason you're making a big deal about this is something that I can try and explain. What happens is this. If your not a believer. If someone else is and they are worshiping God. Your spirit goes into a state of denial and into a state of almost panic. Because if they are right that someone means your choice is wrong. So all you have left to try and salvage any sense of hope that your correct is to try and tare down the other person's beliefs and ideas. Problem is that's a false way of trying to comfort your spirit. Because they'll keep worshiping either way. And your spirit won't be helped by trying to mock or tare down the reality of Jesus. So you got a bit of a mental delema. And you can bash this post all you want but it just seems rediculous. Your embarassing yourself already. If you don't like it fine, just keep worshiping darwin and the monkey and just hope that they will save you in the end. Good luck with that.

POSTING A VIDEO BY A DR. WHO'S AN ATHEIST PROVES NOTHING BUDDY. HELLO??

edit on 25-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Why don't you start by proving to us that Jesus didn't exist. Prove to me that heaven isn't real? Prove to me that we dont' have a soul that goes on to an after life.

Rule number 1.

The onus of proof is on the claimant.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Pretty disgusting post ... I didnt read anything really, just saw the title, saw the capitol letters .. rude stuff

Therefore, you are now an expert on my post! congrats.

I see you are seeking attention or a fight with this one..

Obviously or I wouldn't have made this thread.

Saying this about jesus.. is like me saying Im sick of Justin Bieber.

Yes, Jesus was a crappy Canadian pop star.

Which I am by farrrr because Ive expereinced his insanity thing callled music.. but you havent expereinced the Christ consciousness.

Have you experienced the Bieber consciousness?

I dont care what you think of the Christ himself.

Right after ranting and raving about how much you despise what I think about Christ. Silly.

I just think your a lunatic for coming public and ranting about things you dont know

I think the same about you loony public Christians.

and putting down a great man in our history whos energy is always there to tap into

CRAZY

you will never be half the man Jesus the Christ was

Now I really know why I HATE you Christians so much.
You base your assumptions off of anything but conclusions. F you, for real

You want evil?.. cause i'm truly getting tired of being a "nice guy" only to be told all the time i'm worthless and half the man of a fairy tale figure...
edit on 25-7-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I agree with many things you say here, but I think your distaste for the negative aspects overshadows your view of the benefits of the positive aspects.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I agree with many things you say here, but I think your distaste for the negative aspects overshadows your view of the benefits of the positive aspects.

Like being a nice person unconditionally? Like loving people you don't know because you pity their soul?
Like spreading love because you understand the power of it?

Thats off the top of my head, I understand there are some positives, but the negative overshadows them because they don't understand that love exists WITHOUT Jesus, WITHOUT religion.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by danshires

So you don't believe in God period, or you don't believe in God as defined by Christianity? There's a huge difference, you know.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Who are you talking to?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join