It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My daughter has something wrong with her yet not even the doctors can find what it is at this stage.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It can also be caused by Fungus, Chemicals, Drug reactions, even Cancer.
Anything that can cause inflammation of the meninges.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Right.

Though a bout of meningitis caused by fungus sounds seriously unpleasant.

The viral can be anything. It is the bacterial that is scarey.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If she is improving, there is absolutely no reason to do a spinal tap, and put your duaghter through that. People have been known to start having bouts with migraines after getting one.

Has she been tested fro strep?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.kgw.com...

You don't live in Oregon USA do you?

"The fungus has not been found to be transmitted from person to person. Symptoms include persistent cough, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, meningitis, or pneumonia."
edit on 23-7-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Havn't read replies but wanted to pop in quick

What about the brain eating aeomeba? A little boy close to here just had that

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

They are seriously rare.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
IMPORTANT!!!

It may seem like your daughter's status is up and down---and it may be that way for a while. Just be SURE she is getting the best care possible. These days you have to be your child's advocate. Make sure the proper tests are being done and that every thing that can be done is being done. If neccessary, transfer her to a better hospital if you have any reason to doubt she is getting the best care. Make sure an adult is always with her and do your research...stay on top of things with the doctors. Ask questions. Lots of them. Know what they are doing and why. Purchase the best possible care you can possibly afford.

So sorry about your worries...It's horrible when our children are sick and we don't know exactly why.

There are some nasty bugs going around, espeically in the US, since the summer has been so warm and there isn't any rain to wash bacteria, etc. away. I have been sick for going on two weeks----something that started out as a cold (I caught it from someone in my family) and now, in this second week, I am a mess and not getting better. Just visited the docs, and now armed with some serious drugs, hopefully on the mend.

I tell you this because two people can react in entirely different ways to the same virus/illness.

It sounds like your daughter has an infection somewhere---and all of her symptoms come from her body's defense mechanisms...shivering, rapid heart, (rapid heart, by the way, is a sign your daughter is under physical stress). Infections can be hard to treat, are often mysterious and tempermental. While the doctors try to pinpoint the source of your infection, they'll try to treat it. Stay on top of things, always one step ahead.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
First off I'd just like to say I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter being ill. Now I understand if you don't initially trust in what I have to say but at least take it into consideration for your daughters sake. Awhile back I came across an amazingly effective therapy called Bio-Oxidative Therapy, aka Oxygen Therapy. The basis of it is that you flood your body with oxygen to levels the body should be at. This saturates your blood and every cell in your body with higher levels of oxygen to help combat any illness you can think of, as well as repair any damage done to your body and give your body's natural healing process a substantial boost. As a matter of fact when I first started reading up on it and doing research on the internet I came across an abovetopsecret link which first introduced me to this amazing website.

Hydrogen Peroxide - Curse or Cure?
files.abovetopsecret.com...

I have had great success with it myself. I have more energy, my allergies are gone, I never get sick at all. The biggest success I have had with it though was with my ex girlfriends Aunt. She had stage 4 cancer with 1 week to 6 months to live. After 2 months she was in remission, after 5 months her tumors were less than half the size and after 8 months she was completely cleared of it as if she had never had cancer. Oh but everyone should know about this right? Well h202 isn't very profitable and is too effective so why lose money right? -_- Anyways I hope this information can help you and everything turns out ok. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP! Have a good one!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Meningitis is nothing to play with. My sister died from it. Bacterial is the worst kind.
I hope your daughter gets better, but I would have the doctors run a battery of tests, and start her on antibiotics, that will take care of bacterial meningitis.Just to be on the safe side.MHO

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

First Op I am sorry about your daughters illness as a parent I know it can be much to deal with. I hope she is doing much better in recovering from what has caused her to be ill. I would like to ask you a few questions to maybe give you other locations/options to check out incase the hospital still has no clue:

has she eaten anything new seafood related?

Has there been any overpopulated bugs growth in your area due to the weather changes (ticks-spiders-mosquitos)?

Is there a power plant near you that may be releasing smog extras?

check you pumbing for leaks that may alow bacteria in drinking and washing water

Fabric softner or dish detergent or body soap switch for allergies possible

Pets in house or out make sure no waste contact made unseen

I am not sure of whats wrong so I wont guess OP but I do hope she comes along better soon.
GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I hope your daughter gets better. This requires a good doctor and tests to find the cause. The swollen gland on the spine I'm assuming are lymph nodes by the head. It could be an Infection of some sort or a virus. It sounds like here immune system is working anyway, most times what we see is the bodies histamine response to the microbes or viruses. If she looked normal but was getting weaker and weaker and loosing weight I would be more concerned. Sometimes the body reacts to antigens in foods but the swollen lymph nodes probably shows real infection. Hopefully she doesn't have an overboard immune system because sometimes that causes bad problems also. I'll pray for your daughter. I'll pray that the doctor finds the problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Please give us a up date on your daughter we are all hoping
for the best prayers go out to her and your family!!!!
edit on 03/30/09 by starlitestarbrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It almost sounds like strep throat in combination with an allergic reaction. However I'm not sure how long an alleric reaction can last, even though I've had many myself, and even though I've had strep throat, I don't know know if a rheumatic fever can be the cause of her chills and swelling.

I'm just think out-loud here. Maybe it's something that you can inquire about. Especially the fact that it may be a combination of things.

Hope your girl gets better fast,

-AS-

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I say check her for Lupus. My aunt was misdiagnosed for eight years. the rash and the cold like symptoms made me think of Lupus. Seriously, look into this.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

To my knowledge meningitis won't show up in blood test, you have to do a spinal tap (which is painful and sucks). There's alot of things it could be and there are some parasites that can cause rashes like that so you want to make sure they check her for parasites, especially if she plays in sandboxes or playgrounds with sand in them and has been barefooted.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Don't look for medical advise here. Stick with real MD's for your daughters sake.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

Don´t want to disturb you but tetanus means (edit: almost) sure death if not responded to in time. You´re muscles contract so hard that you break your own bones at the endstadium.
edit on 23-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

I´m not saying it´s this but I think you underestimate tetanus pretty hard.
edit on 23-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

Did you know that when SSRI's were being tested on prisoners that this is EXACTLY what happened?

Messed up,

-AS-

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I had all the same symtoms 2 yrs ago with 104deg temp.
I had Spinal tap,6 MRI's,5 CAT scans and loads of blood tests.
After that they done a blood cultre test to see what grew. This takes about 5 to 10 days.
Streptococcus Milleri it turned out to be. not a nice little bug. Gave me an absces on brain and liver.
Few weeks of drips only and as many pain killers as i was aloud.
I was soon on the mend

Hope all goes well with your daughter

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

First Op I am sorry about your daughters illness as a parent I know it can be much to deal with. I hope she is doing much better in recovering from what has caused her to be ill. I would like to ask you a few questions to maybe give you other locations/options to check out incase the hospital still has no clue:

has she eaten anything new seafood related?

Has there been any overpopulated bugs growth in your area due to the weather changes (ticks-spiders-mosquitos)?

Is there a power plant near you that may be releasing smog extras?

check you pumbing for leaks that may alow bacteria in drinking and washing water

Fabric softner or dish detergent or body soap switch for allergies possible

Pets in house or out make sure no waste contact made unseen

I am not sure of whats wrong so I wont guess OP but I do hope she comes along better soon.
GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS

This screams food allergic reaction to me as well.

Peanuts can cause the same things you are describing.

Did they ask what she ate?

I know you must be terrified...All my love and prayers.

PS. I'm not an MD....Just trying to help.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I will pray for you and your girl DNS.

Try and be strong, find your centre. She needs your love and support right now.

* Ned

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join