It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My daughter has something wrong with her yet not even the doctors can find what it is at this stage.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thanks verschickter

Yes you're right, I've been meaning to join for a while! I've been researching the Tetanus Vaccine for a few months now, studying many papers. I write articles for a German magazine and I was given the task of working out if the Tetanus vaccine is worthwhile or not, I initially assumed it was, but I've been shocked with what I've discovered, so I felt the need to join to share this information.

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by drbatstein

Like said before, no problem being wrong myself. But hey, welcome to ATS, I saw you joined to correct me. I joined back then to correct another member. Circle closed

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So I can relax about the issue because I did not got the shot.
Please don´t let it be BILD but you wrote newspaper and BILD would never investigate more then 5 minutes into a topic. And its not a newspaper. Sorry for OT OP, best wishes to you daughter again.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
could be anything from leukemia to an autoimmune disease kicking off due to the cold.
I feel for you. You are in my thoughts ..

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I hope your daughter is on the mend it is so hard to hear
that a child has to go through any illness.

I just wanted to say have they checked her for viral encephalitis?
She seems to have a few symptoms that fit.

Link

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Disinfect the toothbrush after every use. Toothpaste and hot water does not do it. Your childs toothbrush is the likely cause of the reocccuring illness. Some Doctors don't tell you about the toothbrush because it keeps you coming back and more money in their pocket.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Although the chances of obtaining constructive advice from and or a reasonable diagnosis from a group of conspiracy theorists is extremely low, you should be commended for leaving no stone unturned in the fight to help your daughter.

Your physicians may want to consider the possibility that your daughter’s symptoms are the result of a toxic exposure event. There are many reports coming out of Japan of RLD “Radio Legion Disorder”, particularly amongst children who are more susceptible. If this is the case, than steroids, antivirals and antibiotics will only exacerbate the situation. You might want to look into Submicronic AU and IV Vitamin C. The NATO hospital in Germany has a lot of research in their library on the subject.

AX
FTNWO

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Has she been in contact with any type of chemical?? Anything being sprayed in the area?? I would insist that they run an MRI and complete blood work. I hope she will be fine!!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Have them do an MRI ASAP. Lots of times, sensitivity to light could indicate something going on in the head. I hope your little girl makes a fast recovery!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Did your daughter have ibuprofen? Both my daughter and my niece ended up in the hospital due to an allergic reaction to it (genetic predisposition). My niece took extra-strength in college for cramps and it affected her eyes, rash, and such. My daughter was given it in 8th grade when she had a cold as per doctor's prescription. It set off something called a post-viral encephalitis and she had a terrible headache and her eyes froze in place. We ran her into our eye doctor (we trusted him more than the doctor) and he rushed her to the hospital. She didn't have a rash, but fever, headache, and the eye thing. She said it sounded like a freight train was going through her head. They gave her a spinal tap right away, and that happened to lower the pressure built up in her head and she felt almost immediately better. It took a couple of months before her eyes were back to normal, though. Ibuprofen reactions can cause the issues you describe, also when she is sick with a virus.

www.wisegeek.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
op....my children have had very similiar symptoms...swelling rash etc. They have had this once yearly for 8 years....we have had every diagnosis under the sun.....lyme disease, fifths disease, allergic to sun, duck itch, etc. the list goes on...other children in the neighborghood get it also at the same time...some docs things its contagiuose while others don't we lived in CT the past 7 years.....this is our first year in NH and they are currently on steroids as we just pulled through areally harsh bought of whatever it is......apparenty it wasnt in our yard......its tough and racks the brains docs just throw steroids our way and that in itself is awful curiouse as to where you live how old your daughter is and if shes ever had anything similiar before. Best of luck .....also look into chicken pox (sounds cazy I know) most children born after 95 have had this vaccine well it seems in 2003 "new" "mutant" strain of chicken pox was found idk...food for though

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hello Friend,
Im so sorry to hear about everything your poor little girl went through. Sounds like she is a tough little cookie and Im glad she is now on the road to recovery!

I didn't read every reply so, my question to you is has she ever been vaccinated?

If so, how old is she? What vaccines has she gotten, and when?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I can not give you any medical input, but I will pray for your daughter and hope she gets over this very soon.
God bless.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I am worried about the doctors she is seeing because none of those symptoms are of meningitis.

That scares me.

She should be tested for Lupus.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone mentioned Dengue Fever. Not sure if you have that in your area but the symptoms are very similar. You catch it from mosquitoes.

Recent vacation somewhere tropical?

Sorry haven't read through every post.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

When I was 12 I got really, really sick hospital sick. Temperature of 104-6 sick! Shakes and rashes etc. They thought I had spinal meningitis so they did a spinal tap (worst pain I have ever felt in my life!)

They never found what it was, mind you this was the 80's so... they chalked it up to Mono why? because they could not figure out what it was. I got better although I think it caused some other problems I have dealt with later in my life. I pray your daughter gets well soon with or without a prognosis. Although it is good to know what it is as long as she recovers and gets healthy again is all that matters.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
prayers out to you and your family friend

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I cannot speak as to what is causing this, but I can maybe explain some of the symptoms of the sore throat, burning eyes, and sleep issues. If something is causing her airway to swell, she might be experiencing some symptoms similar to apnea. Lack of REM sleep, or getting very dense REM sleep can make someones eyes burn the next morning. Sore throats are often a symptom of excessive snoring, but in this instance it can be from either the actual root issue, it causing apnea, or some of both. Of course this is not “true” apnea, its sounds to be secondary to something that is causing swelling of some type, and restricting her airway.

Originally posted by DarknStormy
From what my ex said, the doctor said if she doesn't improve over the next day or two they will have to give here an injection in her back and he said he wouldn't even do it to his own daughter. She said a spinal tap what ever that means.

A spinal tap is not exactly an injection, its a needle inserted into the spinal cord to extract spinal fluid, so they can test it for viruses and bacteria. There are different types and causes of meningitis, and this tells them what they are dealing with. Its EXTREAMLY painful, and must be done while the patient is awake and motionless. I believe that they have the patient lay on your side in the fetal position, and they will often have multiple people help to hold them from moving, as you don't want to damage the spinal cord in the process.

That said, some forms of meningitis can be fatal or can cause permanent neurological damage, some are very contagious, and some aren't. You absolutely want to know if that is what she has as soon as possible and have it dealt with. The treatment varies with the cause and type. If the Doctor suspects meningitis, its VERY serious, and you need to have the test done despite the pain. You do not want to be getting secondary advice from us folks on the internet in an instance like this.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours OP!

Having a rash sounds to me like maybe its a virus coming out in her skin. Sore throat and rash could be strep.....?

Also, im assuming she was running a fever as well, and if you dont mind telling us what the highest it got to that would be good.

A spinal tap will be a sure way fo knowing whether its leukemia or meningitis.

I always get my kids blood taken and then get a copy of it. I always like to make sure the drs have help when it comes to a diagnosis thats accurate, after all they are not God and do make mistakes. I then compare the blood work with my medical book. Of anything is out of whack then those are clues into diagnosing whats really going on.

If they cant figure it out, message me with her cbc and differential ( blood work) and I will have a go at it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

There is viral meningitis and bacterial.

Bacterial is the very contagious, very lethal form of meningitis, and it has killed in 24 hours.

I have gotten viral, makes you wish you were dead, but basically a regular bug or virus contaminates your spinal fluid.

it is rarely lethal.

But it takes about 4 days to run the test, so they generally treat you as bacterial till they know for sure.

The hallmark of meningitis is an unbelievable migraine. I didn't even have that bad of an infection, but the migraine was so bad that I was on the floor vomiting, I couldn't even move.

I have regular epidurals, dozens, so the injection wasn't that bad, but because of my bad back, they had to bring in the neurosurgeon on call on a saturday night, which I think pissed him off because I got the spinal tap migraine from hell for over a week.

Next time I will take my chance with the meningitis.

There are all sorts of strange things going around, I have had a virus going on for three weeks now that is not going away.

edit on 23-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would pray for her while being real close to her, holding her hand even. Even if you do not believe in God, the Power of Intention is a very powerful thing and has healed countless people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join