It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It might be time to ban pickup trucks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Ban pickup trucks? Because of a few idiots? This does not deserve a thread. Why not ban knives too? I'm pretty sure more people have been injured by knives. How about banning pools? Countless people have drowned in them.

Stupid Thread.

Should stupid threads be banned?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
where was the gunman found? in his car
how did he get the weapons and equipment to the scene without drawing attention? he had them in his car
how did he get to the scene of the crime? a car
how would he have fled had he attempted to do so? probably in his car
the car IS meant to transport persons and goods and it did it was the individual that used it for criminal purposes

the car had almost as much to do with being able to commit the particular crime as the weapons did

look at switzerland ....every able bodied male over the age of 18 is supposed to own a firearm
and i really dont think anyone here is going to argue the swiss are violent

the problem is not the tools its the people and the culture

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If a fuel laden airplane can become a defacto "manned missile" then a truck can become a weapon also (to run over people in line for a blockbuster movie for example) or made into a truck bomb. So the argument of the gun control advocates that the difference is guns were designed to kill and trucks were not does not hold. It is the intent of the user that is key. Many motorcycle gang members carry ball peen hammers as a modern day mace because it is not only cheaply available at any hardware store but also because it isn't considered a weapon and can be carried openly (or worn on their belt) in public. I doubt that Gabby Giffords would have survived a well placed hard blow to the head with a ball peen hammer. They cant outlaw everything that is readily converted into a weapon but they can outlaw behavior...which they do. Freedom has costs associated with it. How safe were the jews in the polish ghettos when the guns were confiscated (for their own safety, of course)?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

To the people that say guns kill people, and pickup trucks kill people, are the same ones that would say spoons make people fat. "No sir, it was the scissors that gave you the bad haircut, it wasn't me, the stylist..."
It isn't the gun, or the pickup truck, or the spoon that does harm. It is the person USING it. If the driver were drunk, would you still be blaming the pickup truck? Of course, if it makes you more secure to know that guns are outlawed, or pickup trucks for that matter, then your just losing more of your individual liberties and you need to wake up. These aren't the only things our government wants to take from us, and this is just the beginning.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You cannot ban STUPIDITY ! Heck, YOU CAN'T CURE STUPIDITY either, however, you can CONTROL IT to a degree.

Texas addressed this type of crap years ago. It's ILLEGAL to ride in the back of a pick-up truck. Try telling that
to mexicans who don't understand ENGLISH and DON'T CARE about Texas or UsA laws.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

You cannot ban STUPIDITY ! Heck, YOU CAN'T CURE STUPIDITY either, however, you can CONTROL IT to a degree.

Texas addressed this type of crap years ago. It's ILLEGAL to ride in the back of a pick-up truck. Try telling that
to mexicans who don't understand ENGLISH and DON'T CARE about Texas or UsA laws.

EXACTLY!!! You can't fix stupid and what they were doing is very illegal. They pack people in trailers too, should we also ban them? This thread has to be in the top ten list of most ridicuous threads on ATS. Are you even being serious OP?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

you cant fight the gov with a rifle you need UAVs and a bunch of other neat stuff ive been asking santa for, for awhile now because they are neat but instead i havent had a visit from santa in a long long time im beginning to think he was detained

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I think he is being serious in a satyr, sarcastic kind of way. jS

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Thats a cute kitty in your avatar.

Does he bite?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Brotherman

Thats a cute kitty in your avatar.

Does he bite?

LOL, that's honey badger.

he don't give a ****

-----------------------------------------------------------------

i grew up in the country. we rode around in the backs of trucks all the time. a few kids died along the way, a couple from being thrown from the back of a truck while they were acting stupid with their friends. But unless you were just wreckless, we never saw the danger in it.

My wife is hispanic. She was reading the headlines from the San Antonio paper, and said, "man, a car wreck killed 10, hurt 23". I said, "Oh yeah...man." Then she exclaimed, "OMG, only 1 vehicle was involved. It was full of illegals". My boss, who is also hispanic, said, "yeah, they were my cousins".

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by mtnshredder

I think he is being serious in a satyr, sarcastic kind of way. jS

Oh yeah probably so. I forget where I'm at sometimes, along with the wit and sarcasm that goes with it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

pigroll.com...

On topic:

the problem is not the tools its the people and the culture

No doubt about that.
In my neck of the woods having people unsecured in the back of a pickup truck is a crime that will cost the driver his/hers driver's license.

In other countries i've been in nobody seems to care much about road safety, or safety in general.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Nearly anything can be dangerous in the hands of psychopath or a fool. If we were to ban everything
that could be dangerous we would have crews out now confiscating rocks and steak knives.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

ok let me expand, Darwins theory rings true once again, for the driver and its occupants i don't feel sorry for people who do stupid things, like jump out of a plane and die because chute didn't open, guess what, ten mins ago you were on ground and fine, now a puddle, i don't feel sorry for them, you over dose on favorite drug, guess what, don't feel sorry for you, play chicken with a train and lose, guess what,you got it!!! DON'T CARE
good good good, more oxygen for the rest of us

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Ban pickup trucks? Then what? People die on motorbikes because they ass around. A gas explosion in your home can kill you if you aren't careful. Electric shock can do you over. A disposable BBQ killed some campers the other week because they put it in their tent with smouldering coals. A guy fell asleep on his balcony wall and fell off onto the ground below. Smoking kills thousands of people per year.

I could go on... But how about we introduce a new law. The law could be called "The Common Sense Law".

If you dick around with things you shouldn't, take risks where you shouldn't or act in any way, shape or form that could be harmful to you or others, then you deal with the consiquences yourself. If you decide you don't want to wear a motorcycle helmet, have an accident and become retarded because of it, then tough. If you want to get drunk, drive, and have an accident and end up overturned in a ditch and lose a leg or an arm, then you'd better get used to being a 3 limbed motherf#cker, because you knew the risks before hand.

If you want to act dumb, then you deal with the resulting situation yourself - don't keep asking others to sort out the resulting consiquences...

...jesus...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
People overload a vehicle and it's time to ban the vehicle type?

Is this a serious question?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Ban driving all together. Then we'll see what happens

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What should really be banned is clown cars. Clowns should never be allowed in cars. Let them ride their tricycles.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Haha. I have a feeling if that happened many ATS members would lose their driving privileges.

LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join