It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep sea Obilisk on Google Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Wasn't really sure where to put this one but figured it to be a grey area. Found it here and it links to a youtube video.

Uploader’s comment:
Very strange structure found in the middle of the ocean on earth. It’s roughly 4800 meters high from the seabed and 220 meter below sea level. Also there is a hole going into the ground for about 3000 meter.

Very strange if you ask me, doesn’t look like a natural formation, way to pointy or sharp. Things in the sea should erode pretty quick.
Also I remember something on the moon that had the same characteristics.

Am still a newbie at ATS and hope I got it right

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yep, got it right

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I have no idea what it could be but I want to believe that it is probably just something natural. Then again I also kinda wanna think that it's just another one of the uber secret scientific bases.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Possibly the remains of a black smoker? We wont know untill a submersible goes down and has a look, the CGI wont tell us a thing about that object.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Someone help me out here. I've used Google Earth before and the images from space to the top of the ocean look real, but the second it goes "underwater", it looks like computer animation.

Correct if I'm wrong but Google Earth doesn't go underwater. The images come from a satellite in space.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

What makes me wonder is how somebody is able to find something like this in the middle of the ocean... Except for what this could be of course, although I think it is just a natural formation of some sorts.. Anyway, wanted to share it here

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Simply amazing the pictures those google cars take.
2nd...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust Google Earth especially with their screwdrivers in the sky, and their mother-ships. You think I'm going to believe an obelisk is there.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Google Earth is giving me a headache right now, these are the coordinates 32°30’16.41″Z – 149°52’39.06″W

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Interesting post , OP .
As previously pointed out , the underwater scenes are CGI , so any discussion on the subject can only be based on conjecture and supposition.

If indeed there is a formation that resembles the rendered image , it will more than likely be volcanic in its origin , as it appears to be located on what looks to be a fault line.

edit on 23-7-2012 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Elq10000

Cool, thanks for sharing.

That website looks like it has some interesting links as well.

The underwater obelisk could be some kind of alien antenna maybe.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

This was my thought too, some natural formation, ,maybe vulcanic in nature

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
maybe just an anomaly on the satellite hope not tho lol

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

it will more than likely be volcanic in its origin , as it appears to be located on what looks to be a fault line.

I doubt that very much, these are 4800 meters tall, that is nearly 5 kilometres, over 3 miles high, volcano would not be able to create such a high straight spike, there would be a roll off of magma creating the more typical pyramid shape of a volcano.

I have a feeling its just a mapping glitch in the data, but if real it is very very unusual

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Simply amazing the pictures those google cars take.
2nd...

The underwater scenes are CGI so any discussion on the subject can only be based on conjecture and supposition and whothehellknows.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Still a good find CGI or not never seen it posted before
snf

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Possibly the remains of a black smoker? We wont know untill a submersible goes down and has a look, the CGI wont tell us a thing about that object.

That would be my take too. Looks like a hydrothermal vent (or the remnants).

Hydrothermal vents (sorry it is Wiki).

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Hi.
Where did you get the info regarding the dimensions of this ? I think it's very interesting and would really like to read more .

Regards

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elq10000
reply to post by tpg47

This was my thought too, some natural formation, ,maybe vulcanic in nature

Call Spock!

He knows "Vulcan"!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

it was in the opening post

Uploader’s comment: Very strange structure found in the middle of the ocean on earth. It’s roughly 4800 meters high from the seabed and 220 meter below sea level. Also there is a hole going into the ground for about 3000 meter.

And in the video its self, I am not saying this is a spike under the sea, a i said I feel it is most likely a mapping/software glitch, however if it is real then it is very unusual

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join