It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC in animated Spider-Man? I haven't seen this one before.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I was watching some 1994 animated Spider-Man and noticed this. Someone else in the comments section seemed to notice it too.

www.youtube.com...

(Okay, guys..I still seem to be having some problems with embedding. I know I promised to learn before my next youtube post, but I couldn't get it, I guess).

There is, at the 2:30-2:33 mark a couple of helicopters that appear to be flying right toward the World Trade Center. Now, I'm not saying this is evidence or suggestive of one thing or another. It's just something I happened to notice in a post 9/11 viewing of this episode. According to IMDB.com, this episode aired May 6, 1995. www.imdb.com...

I know some of you guys like to see these things--make of it what you will and draw your own conclusions. I just wanted to help keep score for those that seek these things out. I personally do not think this clip alone makes a strong case for foreshadowing--but they do tend to add up and tip the scales away from mere coincidence.

Mods, I did several checks in the search bar and did not find a post with this particular video. I apologize beforehand if such a post already exists and have no problem with this one being deleted in favor of the already existing post (which I could not find.) Thanks.
edit on 23-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: Still trying to learn embedding for videos!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I would say its not unusual, thinking that it was 94 and that it plays in NYC its not a surprise to see them for me.
I think its nothing but that´s just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Good Catch!
I always find it interesting when artists throw in images like this with their artwork. I also wonder if after 9/11, it was for a certain purpose like subliminal meanings or just for remembering purpose in a child's cartoon. 9/11 is very controversial to me so it's hard to ever really be sure with how much and how many different ways it's portrayed. Either way I have always, always been a fan of the old cartoon Spidey, thanks for getting me back watching them again! Now i won't be able to fall asleep until I watch a few episodes, ha.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

There are a few threads about other pics or stories about "predicting 911". Yours is animated. Good find. Heres a reply I made in another thread about Xmen and Spidey comics...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread is short and the first page has a lot of links and pics with uncanny parallels.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yeah, I just thought it was weird that it was the first image you see in one of the most iconic Spider-Man episodes! And then the scene cuts and the WTC isn't seen again.

I don't really remember seeing the WTC in too many 1994 Spider-Man episodes. But in all fairness, I haven't seen a lot of these episodes since they were on TV back in the mid-1990's. I will keep my eyes open for more as I go through the series.

By the way, I am not saying that this is a definite foreshadowing. It's probably just like the first poster said..it was bound to show up in an animated series taking place in NYC. But, just thought I'd add it to the list because I haven't seen it mentioned in any of these "foreshadowing" threads yet.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I honestly can't see the big deal here . Am I missing something ?.
To me , it is what it is . The towers were used in the backdrop because that is where the scene is set and the helicopters were on a search mission in said location . Nothing sinister about that .

Now if there had been a commercial jet hitting the towers in that scene , THAT would be deemed worthy of discussion.

Symbolism can be found anywhere if you look hard enough . For example , there is a scene in the film The Pelican Brief ( 1993 ) where you can clearly see a crowd of protestors holding placards with 9/11 clearly printed in huge type on them .

Peace.
edit on 23-7-2012 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

No, you're right and I tend to agree with you. I even said in my OP that it's not a big deal. I just wanted to add it to the list for everybody that likes to make a big deal of these kinds of things.

It's just another pre-9/11 symbol that looks differently after the fact.

It certainly jumped out at me..again..after the fact. This is because of my own emotional response.

We're here to deny ignorance, remember? While this video might lead to a dead end for some of us. I'm sure someone out there is adding it to the list of other comics, movies, and animations with similar imagery. There's no harm in that.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Point taken , my friend .
I meant no offence with my post and I hope none was taken

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
So ... umm..

Everyone keep an eye on the Statue of Liberty... It's next if.. umm.. we're all going to be doing this.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Two things I asked myself when reading your post.

First, where is the spider rope attached to in this comic?
Second, was it worth the time to find that picture, to post it here, just to ridicule?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think that the fact there are so many threads now about portents in posters, films, tv shows etc is indicative that "9/11 was an inside job" has died a death.

There are no facts. No basis for rational debate so lets fall back on loony speculation.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

I think that the fact there are so many threads now about portents in posters, films, tv shows etc is indicative that "9/11 was an inside job" has died a death.

There are no facts. No basis for rational debate so lets fall back on loony speculation.

Why are you wasting your time defending the OS then? Surely you can retire if there are no facts eh!

I have a feeling you'll still be here in years to come, defending the OS you claim stands up so well!

If it wasn't a pack of lies then you would not be spending so much of your life defending it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Here is the video embedded for those who wanna see it,

top topics

join