It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Death An Illusion? Evidence Suggests Death Isn’t the End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Is Death An Illusion? Evidence Suggests Death Isn’t the End

Article by Robert Lanza, MD - Biocentrism

After the death of his old friend, Albert Einstein said “Now Besso has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us … know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”

New evidence continues to suggest that Einstein was right – death is an illusion.

Reading this may have you contemplating just what you know of our/your universe. Is it our universe, or yours?

Good read, at any rate.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Death is not the illusion. The illusion is life

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
this is old news we all know this idea was dicoverd a long time ago in a galaxy far away

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
and for the recored im not being a smarta$$, because i dont believe you, but cause when i read this this was the first thought that crossed my mind, we all transform into the force one way or another

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Loved the post, i had read some of this article before, but i think they extended it this time

Also i remember reading about an experiment where they first :

Pricked a test subject in the finger, and saw which synapses fired in the brain

Then

Excited those synapses and waited for a reaction in the patients finger

Now what they found, surprised them very much

When they pricked the test subject, there was a small delay between the input (prick) and output ( synapses fire), however, when done the other way around, there was an instantaneous reaction (the exact time, the brain was stimulated the finger reacted).

The only way this could be happening, is if the thought and or reaction, was received by the finger before it was created in the brain, or that the signal simply did not care about time and space, just about fixing the time lag between input and output.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I guess im blind
but i dont see any
even hints of evidence
in that article....

ONLY THEORIES

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I had to stop reading when he gets the slit experiment confused with actually observing it...

No, blue does not stop being blue if you're perception of it changes. No, matter does not become intangible and meaningless until we observe it.

That is a lot of psycho babble. We change, not the external world. We are not required for a solid object to remain solid. Yes, a tree still makes noise if there is no one to hear it fall.

When we die, whatever we think we are, stops. Simple, elegant and finale. Until the day they can trap a conscious entity in a contraption that allows us to interact with it as much as we do with someone living, then I will not be able to believe that we exist after death.

Take the battery out of your watch. It stops.
Turn off your computer. Ram is wiped.

We're nothing but machines. And just because we're only able to see and hear and sense things as evolution has made us, does not mean the rest of the cosmos relies on us for it to exist. That's an insanely arrogant and human concept.

*I* think therefore *I* am. Not *I* think therefore the world exists.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
Loved the post, i had read some of this article before, but i think they extended it this time

Also i remember reading about an experiment where they first :

Pricked a test subject in the finger, and saw which synapses fired in the brain

Then

Excited those synapses and waited for a reaction in the patients finger

Now what they found, surprised them very much

When they pricked the test subject, there was a small delay between the input (prick) and output ( synapses fire), however, when done the other way around, there was an instantaneous reaction (the exact time, the brain was stimulated the finger reacted).

The only way this could be happening, is if the thought and or reaction, was received by the finger before it was created in the brain, or that the signal simply did not care about time and space, just about fixing the time lag between input and output.

Namaste.

Do you remember where you read that from ? It sounds kinda interesting i wouldnt mind a lil more info on that.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
"Consider the weather ‘outside’: You see a blue sky, but the cells in your brain could be changed so the sky looks green or red. In fact, with a little genetic engineering we could probably make everything that is red vibrate or make a noise, or even make you want to have sex like with some birds."

....what?

I had to stop reading/taking this article seriously after that.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Theres a lot of info out there about people remembering past lives, that can be much better at providing evidence of life after death or even reincarnation.

We can only begin to grasp these concepts if thinking outside space and time.

reply to post by mainidh

No, blue does not stop being blue if you're perception of it changes. No, matter does not become intangible and meaningless until we observe it.

How do you know its blue? what if someone has a genetic defect and blue appears red and vice versa? Would the person even know? Would anyone know? The sky would appear red to him but society would tell him its called blue so he would call it blue while seeing red.

What if an entire human being is simulated in software and placed in a virtual environment with code simulating everything the virtual person sees, how can it know that its not real? Or will it think everything is real? What is to say that this hasn't happened before? And that we happen to be simulations on the verge of making our own simulations? Kind of goes quite well with the factorial nature of everything. Also providing for observer effect would reduce computation power needed for the simulation as things not observed would not need to be simulated.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Im quite sure it was a documentary on the unconscious (from BBC if i remember correctly), was brand new when i watched it (so late 2011 or 2012).

Ill see if i cant dig it up when i get home as i save ALL documentaries i watch for future reference

Namaste.
edit on 23/7/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
We are energy and energy can't be created nor destroyed, Hence we transfer to another form of energy when we die. The question is what happens during the transfer?

new topics

top topics

join