It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Airlines Employees Abuse Disabled Veteran and His Service Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Jim Stanek, Disabled Veteran, Says United Airlines Staff Kicked His Service Dog, Asked If He Was ‘Retarded’

I have no words for this

and will let anyone decide for themself after hearing this veteran
telling his story that everyone should listen carefully
why humiliating a soldier that have PTSD .. how low can you be

Paws and Stripes spokesman Jim Stanek tells his 3 day ordeal with United Airlines customer service.

Jim suffers from PTSD and TBI from his 3 combat tours in Iraq. The verbal abuse to him and the physical abuse to his service dog Sarge made it very difficult to function.

As a result Sarge is being evaluated to continue as a service dog and Jim is dealing with the emotional stress he endured.

Contact United Airlines if you want to voice your concern on how Jim and Sarge were treated.

Huffington Post Jim Stanek, a disabled veteran and Paws and Stripes cofounder, claims United Airlines staff physically abused his service dog, Sarge, and verbally abused him during an unexpected 3-day layover at Dulles International Airport outside of Washington, D.C.

In a video posted to YouTube detailing the abuses, Stanek says the “nightmare” began on July 15, while he was at the ticket desk.

“Some United Airlines employees were moving by and one of them was startled, turned, and kicked my service dog,” Stanek says in the video. “Didn’t kick her hard, but … they kicked her.”

Stanek continues, saying he chalked it up to an accident and let it go — even when it happened a second time by a different United staffer.

The Daily Mail reports Stanek has post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as traumatic brain injury (TBI) following three tours in Iraq, which makes standing in loud crowds and reading difficult. In the video, Stanek states the most traumatic part of the ordeal occurred when, while trying to get a hotel voucher after his flight was canceled for a second day in a row, the man at the ticket counter asked it he was “retarded” — referring to his inability to stand in the line with everyone else, and read the paperwork.

“I completely lost all composure at that point,” he said in the video. “I started yelling, I used four letter words … and I’ve worked very hard not to be like that.”

According to the blog Reduced Mobility Right, the U.S. Department of Transportation has opened an investigation into the incident, with the cooperation of the airline.

“We are reaching out to the customer directly to discuss the events that he described,” a spokesperson for United told Reduced Mobility Rights on July 21.

Link

Even if he listenned to bad orders going to fight an illegal war
this soldier have sacrificed his life and soul trying to do the good thing
having no choice to combat because he was ordered so in the name of his country .. the USA
and now look how he is being treated .. this is so wrong at so many levels

Each day there is many soldiers that take their life in suicide
because they realise how wrong these wars are

US Soldiers should unite to fight the real enemy

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
And they wonder why the airlines are always in trouble of going bankrupt.

Ontop of dealing with TSA, their service levels are crap.

For everyone like this man who actually gets media attention there are 1000 more horrible airline stories.
edit on 23-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hopefully the abusers are reprimanded

I don't understand how he kept his composure when his dog was kicked the second time

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Hopefully the abusers are reprimanded

I don't understand how he kept his composure when his dog was kicked the second time

The dog was probably getting the negative energy from those employee
and saw his master getting pounded .. he maybe growled a bit and they kicked him
if the guy would have touched them he would have been arrested on the spot and put in jail

but why doing this to a soldier but NEVER TO A JEW

There is some major biggotery in the gov

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

But we have a "special relationship" with Israel.
Israeli citizens can have their passports scanned at kiosks.
No patdowns, no scanners.
Though we don't have reciprocity for US citizens.......
In your face enough already?

join