It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The nature of God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I am translating many aspects into human terms, so I may use words like he and many more. Also, there is no way to describe his full nature in detail, in a single post or thread.

Father is an highly intelligent spirit. He does not need anyone to provide for his own council, but he does take others' opinion into account.

Father may tell you one thing, and the outcome will be entirely different. This does not mean he lies, but he is giving you what you need at the moment. For example, he may tell you, you will not get approved for that mortgage. But, in a few weeks, you find out you did. He told you this, because you needed to hear you wouldn't at that time, for you to continue on your current path. If he had told you, you would have gotten approved, you would have veered onto a different path, and the consequences would have affected other areas of your life.

He does this, because he can see all, before and tomorrow. He sees all the possible paths of your life, and he chooses the best one to provide you guidance for, so the outcome will be so that you will learn what all is needed to know while you are here.

Father likes to teach all, not by giving the answers, but by putting you through situations, so that you will gain all what is needed to know. (Even Satan has to learn, otherwise he would have been destroyed, once that thought came into his mind to overtake). You pray to Father for strength, but he puts destruction in your path. Others will not understand why at the moment, but while going through those situations, you are not stronger in many different areas of life.

He also has infinite patience. For example: You can see a person yell and curse God with full passion and conviction, then a month later, they are in the church praising God with the choir. Father will not hold that against you, because he sees your pain and understands what you are going through, and why you are crying out at that moment in time. He knows this is only temporary, even if your mind thinks it is permanent.

Others will question, why God didn't create man to be perfect. This is not done because man has to become perfect, by learning to be perfect, not be created perfectly or told how to be perfect.

Some others will question why God took their family member or close friend. Father knows the thoughts of said person. This person could have asked to be taken, because of something going on in their life, even if you didn't realize it. Or, they could have only been here for a time, to do a task, and once they are complete, they return back to him. Or, Or, Or, there are just too many variables to fully explain this. But, you can know for sure, he did it, not to cause despair to you, but did it because he knows best.

Father is big on learning. Some may wonder why they lost that job, house, or car. Father will take from you, because you have not done something or learned something that you needed to learn. When complacency is taken away, you start to think all of the things you could have done differently. When the realization sets in, Father sees this, then blesses back again. Many learn better, once they are out of their environment or element.

Rev 20:12

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and qbooks were opened. Then another book was opened, which is rthe book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, taccording to what they had done.

Ezekiel 9:1-2

Then I heard him call out in a loud voice, “Bring near those who are appointed to execute judgment on the city, each with a weapon in his hand.” 2 And I saw six men coming from the direction of the upper gate, which faces north, each with a deadly weapon in his hand. With them was a man clothed in linen who had a writing kit at his side. They came in and stood beside the bronze altar.

Father keeps everything recorded in books, and they are stored in the library or hall of records. In Ezekiel 9, there was a man with a writing kit at his side. (This person records all the deeds of the Lord). The recording is done, so that all of your accounts are recorded, so when you are before Father, there is proof that details all that has happened, and you can't say, well I did this or I did that.

Father also holds love for all, even the one not spoken of, is loved.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Please tell us of of his mercy.
Capitalize if you wish.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Many think Father uses fear as a tactic of control. This is not true. If Father destroys a city, or brings in a violent storm it is to cleanse, not cause fear. Fear is human perception.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
No no. Not fear. Mercy.
Tell us us his mercy.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
No no. Not fear. Mercy.
Tell us us his mercy.

Can you be specific, like on man, or?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Far be it from me to put any specific distinctions on his mercy or for anything else for that matter.
But since you are asking, how about it's endlessness?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Are you still there?
second line.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Seems to me that OP has gone off to contemplate his fathers mercy and become lost in its wonderlessness.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Seems to me that OP has gone off to contemplate his fathers mercy and become lost in its wonderlessness.
Or maybe thats wonderousness.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You need authorization? Ok, I can wait.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Father keeps everything recorded in books, and they are stored in the library or hall of records. In Ezekiel 9, there was a man with a writing kit at his side. (This person records all the deeds of the Lord). The recording is done, so that all of your accounts are recorded, so when you are before Father, there is proof that details all that has happened, and you can't say, well I did this or I did that.

Father also holds love for all, even the one not spoken of, is loved.

Vretil is known by the variation VrevoilV: "Vrevoil is described in the Second (Slavonic) Book of Enoch as being the swiftest in wisdom of all the archangels. It was Vrevoil who was supposedly commanded by the Lord to bring forth the books from the heavenly treasury and to dictate to Enoch unceasingly for thirty days and thirty nights; in the end, Enoch, using pen and ink provided by the angel, would write 366 books concerning virtually every form and kind of knowledge."

He is often referred to in Enoch II as shown above and also in Ezra lore again being described as the "scribe of the knowledge of most high"; there are other references to this "title" such as in The Book of Enoch (pg. 28). Vretil is "equated with Dabriel, Uriel, Enoch, Radueriel, and Pravuil, and is associated or identified with "the man clothed in linen" (Ezekiel 9:2 et seq.)."

My baloney has a first name, it's O.S.C.A.R.
My baloney has a second name, it's M.A.Y.E.R.

So what is the name used by this most wise of all angels whom, alone, has access to the heavenly treasury of every form and kind of knowledge?
Vretil? Pravuil? Vrevoil? Schlemeezal, Schlemazal, Hosenfeffer Incorporated?

Are we to understand that he is equated with Gabriel, Uriel, Enoch and Raphael in authority, or that he is equated with using those names as well?

I would assume that this angel possessed all knowledge, being only surpassed by God, Himself.

Thus I would conclude that this angel would be able to answer pretty much every question in the known universe.

Which I would then conclude meant that his knowledge would encompass an intimate understanding of mankind, his nature, intent, history and capabilities.

Which would thus lead me to conclude that this angel would never be at a loss in any circumstances that would require understanding and/or wisdom in this regard. Even on an internet forum.

Alas, and our love affair continues, Mr. Above the Hill........

edit on 23-7-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Most people discover that Jesus calls his god as the Father, or "Abba" before translation.

Then, once one gets into those old lanaguages one again finds the term Ab for father, water, and semen----which fits the story.

Then one finds the old Creator god named Enki, who was the one that held much knowledge.

So, most consider Jesus is worshiping Enki due to this language

en.wikipedia.org...

Benito states "With Enki it is an interesting change of gender symbolism, the fertilising agent is also water, Sumerian "a" or "Ab" which also means "semen".

-------

In the epic Enki and Ninhursag, Enki, as lord of Ab or fresh water (also the Sumerian word for semen), is living with his wife in the paradise of Dilmun

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

I was wonderin'....

do you ever make a post without the word "Enki" in it?

5 bonus points if you've ever made one without either "Sumeria" or "Enki".

10 bonus points and a cookie if you've ever made one without "Babylon", "Sumeria" or "Enki"

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Then one finds the old Creator god named Enki, who was the one that held much knowledge.

Well, obviously Enki didn't hold all knowledge, otherwise other gods wouldn't have had more power over him to stop him from what he was doing.

So, what god was it that created Enki as well as his father and mother?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Which would thus lead me to conclude that this angel would never be at a loss in any circumstances that would require understanding and/or wisdom in this regard. Even on an internet forum.

don't mistake my comments for personal inquiry Mr. Above the Hill.

even if that particular angel were on this internet forum, hypothetically speaking of course, I would have no interest whatsoever in mining him for knowledge, rest assured.

I figure if God wants me to know something about Him, He is more than capable of telling me Himself at the time He sees fit.
Seeking it through angels or otherwise is a big NO NO.

Anyway, like I was saying in my previous post, that particular angel would have no need to interact with man to learn something, since anything gleaned from that type of interaction would already be known.

Interaction is not required to observe and record.
Interaction affects outcome.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

I was wonderin'....

do you ever make a post without the word "Enki" in it?

5 bonus points if you've ever made one without either "Sumeria" or "Enki".

10 bonus points and a cookie if you've ever made one without "Babylon", "Sumeria" or "Enki"

Since most of the Christians have this thing that Jesus is Yahweh, which is Enlil. Or that Enlil is god.

The Christians spend every waking moment talking about Enlil / Yahweh, and their extensive knowledge of god that just keep killing people.

I only point to the errors of their way.

So, are you going to offer Brownie Points if the Christians stop talking about Yahweh, their god, and try to label Jesus as Yahweh?

edit on 23-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Compared to the time spend on Yahweh on ATS, my topic is slight

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

why such animosity towards God?

If you believe in the tales manufactured by Nimrod...aka Sumerian Tablets...then it would seem to be counterintuitive to scoff at Biblical accounts while holding the Sumerian ones in esteem.

Enki was most likely an actual person, who would have been a contemporary with Nimrod.
And when I say "person", I use the term loosely, thus "person" would simply mean someone encompassed in flesh.
Enki was the founder of Eridu which was founded before Babylon and Uruk (or Ur).
Nimrod was also likely one-in-the-same as Gilgamesh, which would make sense since Lahmu was the gatekeeper of the primordial abyss (abzu) that Eridu is supposed to have been built on.

If not an actual person, then Enki along with Lahmu may also be among of the four of whom are currently bound at the Euphrates, however this is purely speculation on my part in an attempt to fit the puzzle pieces together.

Since the four at the Euphrates are awaiting their pre-ordained time of release, we could conclude that these are not inclusive of the 200 imprisoned in Tartarus, aka the dark abyss emboweled within the earth, which is 8000 miles in diameter by the way.

Regardless, whomever Enki really was would not be someone you would associate with "above", as Mr. Above the Hill would say.

Thus it seems we are left with 3 abyssos:

the primordial abyss of water (possibly the same one that the Spirit of Almighty God was "brooding" or "hovering" over "in the beginning")

the "great gulf" or "great chasm" mentioned by Jesus in Luke 16:26 (possibly what we perceive as our Universe, which seems to have no beginning or end)

the bottomless pit, or abyss of revelation, however this abyss is said to belch smoke and is noted as having a "shaft" leading into it (possibly one in the same as Tartarus)

Maybe Mr. Above the Hill could share some of his infinite wisdom and insight on my speculations in this regard?
And no, this isn't mining for knowledge, I am simply asking for your "unique" perspective on the matter.

Who is bound at the Euphrates & what crime did they commit?
Who is Enki known as by those from above? What is his real name?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by jhill76

Many think Father uses fear as a tactic of control. This is not true. If Father destroys a city, or brings in a violent storm it is to cleanse, not cause fear. Fear is human perception.

Nope, if Yahweh destroys a city it's because judged them and found them evil, if fear is a human perception then why do the demons fear him and tremble at his name? Before Yeshua cast Legion out into the swine they trembled and inquired if he was going to send them into the Pit before their appointed time. Demons are not human, yet they fear, so how then can you say fear is a human perception? I think you're getting tangled up in your own angelic delusions.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Well, obviously Enki didn't hold all knowledge, otherwise other gods wouldn't have had more power over him to stop him from what he was doing.

So, what god was it that created Enki as well as his father and mother?

Notice I said "Much Knowledge", and you claimed "all knowledge."

Enki was the science minded knowledge, who knew the ways for buildings, canals, breeding life, and kept a library of science knowledge. Enki's science set up the great river culture advance cities, from Ur, to Babylon, to Egypt. We even find the god Ptah, which is interesting with a blue skull cap.

Enki and Enlil were at odds against each other in a highly competitive way. Enki invented humans with high Anu DNA breeding, and Enlil wanted those to be distroyed. Guess Enlil didn't have want for intelligent competition from the locals.

If you read it was not so much god that originally invented life, as it came from what they call a primordial mound. Egyptian gods like Ptah appear to mix the concept of Enki and the Promortial issues of life creation on earth and they the evolutionary chain from there.

The gods of Anu evolved from a totally separate system than that of Earth, but it was likely something similar for why the recount the primordial mound explanations. Primordial mounts seem to be underwater volcanoes that came to form land mass and this extends to the tree of life concepts then set above volcanic linked soils.

The agriculture science of these times appeared to be somewhat water and irrigation and other part trace minerals that provided the benefical trace minerials in the soils for abundant plant life.

Thus, one finds a lot of interests in these volcanic and rift zone effects being associated with god in various fashion. Enki's science valued the pure waters that provided agriculture and they knew the mineral issues.

It appears to be associated with the fire and water symbolism for triangles, one pointed up and the other down. Ziggurats changed from square to things of pyramids in Egypt over time. Yet, the Great Pyramid was surrounded by a huge moat around it, which has since been taken down. But the reflections would be the down pyramid being water symbolism.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If you read it was not so much god that originally invented life, as it came from what they call a primordial mound. Egyptian gods like Ptah appear to mix the concept of Enki and the Promortial issues of life creation on earth and they the evolutionary chain from there.

The gods of Anu evolved from a totally separate system than that of Earth, but it was likely something similar for why the recount the primordial mound explanations. Primordial mounts seem to be underwater volcanoes that came to form land mass and this extends to the tree of life concepts then set above volcanic linked soils.

Here's what I find so interesting, Magnum, is that these gods tend to leave off where the Bible begins.

I'm not sure that the gods of Anu evolved from a totally separate system than that of earth.

The conditions in which they reside sound to me exactly like the form the earth was in before God decided to separate the sky from the land and water from the sky in the Bible.

How do we know that they weren't residing on the earth at the time God decided to form it the way we know it from the Bible? Could they have remained? Were they left here when God separated the sky from the sea? Yet they remained in the sea after it was separated?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join