It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Related Stories Out of Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok, so we have a 20 something kid shoots up a movie theater after someone lets him inside from the inside.
We had Columbine and West Virginia too. We've had fast food places in Texas where people got killed by gunfire.
In smaller towns we have gang wars and in big cities too.

Is all of this "Justification" to confiscate small arms and abandon the tenor and text of the 2nd Amendment ?

I think not. We have to remember something. GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

The only reason the United Nations, I might add which its membership is mostly COMMUNIST countries, is going after the Small Arms Treaties with 193 nations is so that they can establish a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT and a ONE WORLD POLICE FORCE. It is the making of TYRANTS and TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENTS. It leaves everyone VULNERABLE to HOSTILE FORCES that they DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO.

The UsA was the perfect Utopian society at its inception. FREE were the PEOPLE who lived here. FREE of English Royalty Rule. FREE to decide our own destiny's and fates. FREE to be poor or rich, depending upon our WILL to be successful or a failure. And no one cared. Not until we started spreading FREEDOM around the world.

Today we are losing our FREEDOMS in a FAST TRACK way that is taking everyone by surprise. But no one has the balls or guts or intestinal fortitude to stand up to the TYRANNTS and say NO ! When they come for our guns and they will indeed come for them, people are going to COWER in the streets and give up what they have without a fight. It is because we have lost our will and our way. We are losing the FREEDOMS our founding fathers gave us, gave to us to protect. We have become weak and spineless against TYRANNY.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

It's all people have been talking about at work. It's really a beyond messed up event and I feel for the families of everyone involved. That being said..

I've had many debates about gun control with co-workers and friends that stemmed from this. Most I have talked to have understood the fact that guns don't kill people, people do. But there were several that referenced the news stories that were talking about more gun control and were all for it and quite passionate about it. You don't need guns to do something crazy. You don't need guns to kill people. A determined psychopath would just have to get a bit more creative.

A lot of my fellow gun enthusiast friends are buying more guns now in preparation for whatever may come.

Unfortunately, all my guns spontaneously combusted the other day. Strangest thing. Luckily no one was hurt.

This clip sums it up:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
See... people keep saying... "Guns don't kill people, people do".... This is not really correct.... it is a combination of the two that makes the action happen.... but that's beside the point really...

I understand what people are saying... that lots of sane people own guns, and that if someone wants to kill you they will, whether guns are controlled or not...

but my argument is this.... you are right, it is the person in control of the gun that initiates the action and makes the deed happen, however, some people are just not responsible or intelligent enough to be given such immense power... the power of life and death.

All these people arguing that we should control cars, because they also kill people are missing the point.... a car is not designed to kill, it is not it's prime reason for being made.... therefore the argument is foolish....

I have no real problem with people owning Hand guns... albeit I am from the UK.... but please.. can you give me some valid reasons for a normal everyday person to own an assault rifle such as an AK47... I cannot think of any.. and it is the proliferation of these type of weapons that makes these mass shootings easier to perpetrate.

You are quite right, it is the person the commits the act...... so, by that logic, gun control is a good thing, because some people just should not be given the option of owning weapons of any kind... they are not intelligent or responsbile enough...we all know people like this.....

So really, while arguing against gun control, you are really confirming it is needed... although you could call it "Muppet Control".... just got to stop the muppets from getting their hands on them...... In a society where ANYONE can get their hands on large ammounts of military grade weapons and ammunition... a proliferation of mass shootings is inevitable....

You see, it is these people that have a bad day, that have an argument with their spouse, the crimes that are committed on a whim... these are the crimes that turn into murders in America, these are the crimes that are spontaneous... now, with the proliferation of guns, it's easy to grab one to sort out any small grievance... if these people really had to work to source a firearm, you could guarantee that these petty disputes would not turn into murders.... by the time they got hold of one it would seem like just what it was.. a petty argument.

Saying all that though.... Canada has a higher percentage of firearm possession than the USA... but significantly less shootings..... so we could argue that is something to do with the American culture....something inherently wrong with the people of the nation themselves....

I am sorry America... but it is not a "right" to own a firearm..... it is a right be speak freely, it is a right to have children, (although that's also up for debate!) it is a right to be able to beleive what you wish..... it is not, and should not, be a "right" to own firearms.... you're just asking for trouble....

Look at this very recent shooting also mentioned here on ATS... the man that accidently shot his son thinking he was an intruder.... a perfect example to prove my point... if he did not have a handgun in the house...he would more than likely either shout to the intruder "who is it", at which point his son would answer and still be alive, or he would have jumped on him, wrestled a bit, and realised his mistake, and his son would still be alive. This man now has to live with this for the rest of his life...... all thanks to the "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude of American citizens... This has to change... and I feel sorry for you if you cannot see this....

Anyway.. just my 2 cents....

PA

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I can give you 260 million reasons for civilians to own AK47's and more

Its called democide, and I am consistently shocked at how common it is to see so many folks forgetful of the hundreds of millions of lives that have been sacrificed to the evil and money-lust of the warmongering psychopaths. I would recommend researching the study of this called democide

To boil it down it comes down to defending yourself against sickos who will rape and torture your family for their own agenda

I am starting to think that society is truly ill and disturbed when this most basic of common sense lessons is not apparent to so many

And yes the elites DO want to murder and torture your family and mine if it serves their purposes

The gung ho atitude amongst americans you are generalizing about is propaganda from the anti-gun pro-war crime media that love licking the boots of their demon masters. From my experience with shooters and as a shooter i only see the utmost safety and respect with arms

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
See... people keep saying... "Guns don't kill people, people do".... This is not really correct.... it is a combination of the two that makes the action happen.... but that's beside the point really...

I understand what people are saying... that lots of sane people own guns, and that if someone wants to kill you they will, whether guns are controlled or not...

but my argument is this.... you are right, it is the person in control of the gun that initiates the action and makes the deed happen, however, some people are just not responsible or intelligent enough to be given such immense power... the power of life and death.

All these people arguing that we should control cars, because they also kill people are missing the point.... a car is not designed to kill, it is not it's prime reason for being made.... therefore the argument is foolish....

I have no real problem with people owning Hand guns... albeit I am from the UK.... but please.. can you give me some valid reasons for a normal everyday person to own an assault rifle such as an AK47... I cannot think of any.. and it is the proliferation of these type of weapons that makes these mass shootings easier to perpetrate.

You are quite right, it is the person the commits the act...... so, by that logic, gun control is a good thing, because some people just should not be given the option of owning weapons of any kind... they are not intelligent or responsbile enough...we all know people like this.....

So really, while arguing against gun control, you are really confirming it is needed... although you could call it "Muppet Control".... just got to stop the muppets from getting their hands on them...... In a society where ANYONE can get their hands on large ammounts of military grade weapons and ammunition... a proliferation of mass shootings is inevitable....

You see, it is these people that have a bad day, that have an argument with their spouse, the crimes that are committed on a whim... these are the crimes that turn into murders in America, these are the crimes that are spontaneous... now, with the proliferation of guns, it's easy to grab one to sort out any small grievance... if these people really had to work to source a firearm, you could guarantee that these petty disputes would not turn into murders.... by the time they got hold of one it would seem like just what it was.. a petty argument.

Saying all that though.... Canada has a higher percentage of firearm possession than the USA... but significantly less shootings..... so we could argue that is something to do with the American culture....something inherently wrong with the people of the nation themselves....

I am sorry America... but it is not a "right" to own a firearm..... it is a right be speak freely, it is a right to have children, (although that's also up for debate!) it is a right to be able to beleive what you wish..... it is not, and should not, be a "right" to own firearms.... you're just asking for trouble....

Look at this very recent shooting also mentioned here on ATS... the man that accidently shot his son thinking he was an intruder.... a perfect example to prove my point... if he did not have a handgun in the house...he would more than likely either shout to the intruder "who is it", at which point his son would answer and still be alive, or he would have jumped on him, wrestled a bit, and realised his mistake, and his son would still be alive. This man now has to live with this for the rest of his life...... all thanks to the "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude of American citizens... This has to change... and I feel sorry for you if you cannot see this....

PA

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

I sense and understand your anger and frustration but YOU have to understand something too.

This world is made of people who, whether you can wrap your mind around it or not, do NOT want freedom!!!
Read that again, because I can assure you I am not joking and it isn't a lame attempt at being a smart ass.

Let me say it another way which would be more to the point.
The Majority of the world does not want freedom as YOU define it.

You need to sit down with yourself and come to a clear definition of what freedom is to YOU!
Then, come to peace with the FACT that the majority of the world you live in has a completely different definition.

This is why you are feeling frustrated. Because you think to yourself, "Hey, everybody wants freedom right? I mean, who wouldn't"???

Well, that depends on how you define freedom doesn't it?
It depends on what you want freedom FROM doesn't it?

You want feedom from oppression and tyranny.

THEY want freedom from fear.

You can't have both!!

They are doing a great job of selling their particular brand of freedom and it has become quite popular too.

Of course, if you are selling anitvirus software it would only make sense that you have a vested interest in the
virus making market right? Without viruses you are out of buisness. So you manufacture viruses and then sell the
antivirus software to get rid of them.

So it goes with freedom from fear.
They have to make sure there is a steady supply of fear in order to convince you to buy the freedom from fear package right?

They will make sure that we are all free from fear by totally dominating and controlling EVERY aspect of our entire lives from cradle to grave and we will all live as slaves to their New World Order and you know what???

We'll all be happy FOR it. (except for you and I)
Because at least we aren't.........afraid!!
edit on 24-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

PA

PA, Our constitution does not give a "right" it affirms one existing as a god given right that no man made law can give or take away. The exact purpose is and was at the founding of this nation affirmation of the peoples right to throw off tyranny. Yes that means law adiding citizens should have AK-47's or similar available with no limitations. In fact it ought to be a requirement IMHO but it is or was a free country where people can choose.

We have many many laws dealing with the abuse of this right by criminals and others with severe penalties. Most if not all Federal District Attorneys plea bargain away the mandatory 10 - 15 and 20 year sentences involved with firearms crime for a lessor guilty plea from the criminal letting them back out on the street early. In the rare case where these laws were not plea bargained down the crime rate fell dramatically because the 1 percenters were locked away.

In states where open or concealed carry is allowed the murder rates are found to decrease, guess the criminals figure the odds and do property crimes instead.

In the case of batteling lone nutters or like minded groups I'd rather be able to go down fighting along with others who believe as I do, rather than wimpering as it seems many do when prevented by unconstitutional laws from defending themselves.

The immature hotheads that you expressed fear of would quickly get under control were it know that the laws we already have on the books were going to be strictly upheld and sentences were maximized for those abusing rights.

Gun control, Ha! - how many died last 7 months in Chicago area which has some of the strictest laws in the U.S. How many in the D.C. area which is even stricter?

There's your gun control results

Phoenix

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is stupid.. when will america learn that if they sell semi atomatic wepons to the general population things like this from time to time are going to happen. and i agree with the people who say its the person not the gun.. but if there where no guns this would not happen.. and if you dissagree answer this question

When was the last time there was a mass shooting in England???

Peace!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If they selling AK47s and Assault rifles, why stop there? why not RPGs, grenades, or an attack helicopter. Its for protection, what if my ex girlfriends, new boyfriend have a beef with me?!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KtruthD

Criminals will always find a means by which to perpetrate their crimes. The last mass shooting in England was in 2010, after restrictive gun laws were enacted.

Cumbria Shootings

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
If they selling AK47s and Assault rifles, why stop there? why not RPGs, grenades, or an attack helicopter. Its for protection, what if my ex girlfriends, new boyfriend have a beef with me?!

Use your patriot missile battery!

Have to say when reading the Constitution's second amendment it says nothing about any specific type, it clearly says "arms" What the constitution says repeatedly is what the government may not do, not what can a citizen do.

Now in the founders days they did have cannon and such so if they intended limitation of arms by government edict then don't you think it would have said "except for cannons or anything over lets say .60 caliber or some such along those lines. If it was for hunting or sporting then it would simply be written that way.

Precedent were privateers who yes privately owned cannons and mounted them on their merchant ships, letters of marque were used for officializing, sanctioning or lack of better term deputizing citizens fighting for the U.S. interests abroad. Important point is cannon was owned before letter not other way around.

It doe's not have limits written in for good reason as they intended the citizen to be able to throw off foreign and domestic enemies.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

PA

If not guns, swords, if not swords, knives, if not knives, bowling balls, if not bowling balls, bricks, if not bricks, rocks .... how far are we willing to go ? AK47 or 9mm Hand Gun with 12 round clip. Both are dangerous and both can kill you or be used to kill you.

I seem to remember a war with a certain island King that in 1776 we kicked their RED COAT butts back to that Island and told them that we are a FREE PEOPLE and no longer subjects of the King and Queen. We did that with only 3% of the Population here and our own weapons. That is why we have them. To take down TYRANTS and TYRANNY.

It is however, unfortunate, that people have their hands on such weapons and use them against INNOCENTS. But, we have people like this in every society, including ENGLAND.

edit on 7/24/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It has become politically incorrect to say you stand for American freedoms. The so-called "enlightened" have done everything they can to make patriotic sentiment a "nasty" admission.

It's kind of like the fear of being called racist because you criticize something Obama said or did. Nobody likes that label put on them, so they cower under the fear of being called a name or having a label put on them.

People are afraid of being called "unenlightened" or non-inclusive or patriotic because they stand up strong for our Constitution and our Second Amendment Right.

The gun control freaks love throwing around the phrase, "cowboy mentality". Some of us see right through these people, and blow them off like the uninformed shallow thinkers they really are.

Taking our 2A right away and imposing harsh gun-control laws will not stop violent people from getting guns and using them. All that will do is enslave society and make them pawns to those that do have guns, whether that is a tyrannical government or gangs of thugs, or a UN "peace-keeping" force.

Humanity will only "beat their swords into plowshares" when all mankind has decided to do so and tyrants and thugs have evolved to the point that violence doesn't even enter their minds. But, sadly to say, that day is a long way off, and meantime, those of us that can resist the insults and small-minded ideological crappola that comes from those who merely THINK they are enlightened must be active and verbal in our strength to maintain the necessary balance.

join