It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious nutjobs spread the blame for Aurora shooting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Look, I'm sorry that you don't like the source I cited and linked, but I'm at home, not at a library, and using Google search, not writing a doctorate paper!

I learned this stuff in college, back in the 1970's and don't have my text books anymore.

Denying these Catholic atrocities is like denying the holocaust.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, religion is the root of most of societies ills. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Malcher

Look, I'm sorry that you don't like the source I cited and linked, but I'm at home, not at a library, and using Google search, not writing a doctorate paper!

I learned this stuff in college, back in the 1970's and don't have my text books anymore.

Denying these Catholic atrocities is like denying the holocaust.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, religion is the root of most of societies ills. www.abovetopsecret.com...

To be clear, I am not religious in the sense of adhering to an organized religion this is just how i am though because i usually dont join organizations. Me liking the site is irrelevant because i take it with a grain of salt in that she cites sources form the 60s about events that happened in 3 AD seems strange to me that people would just believe it and as already stated that so called source does not even mention what you wrote but i am sure if you send AchyS an email on it she will come up with $omething.

I asked you to cite a source, with the internet anyone can do this although usually one that was part of a "juicy" book written centuries after the fact.

The Holocaust was real, what this has to do with the statement you made about the church killing atheists is anyone's guess.

Now you are giving me a song and dance but...looks like you already got caught in one lie and realize i have no interest in your indoctrination i only go on facts.

Maybe i am just tired of being lied to by these people who write books and profit from them with no actual sources. They preach to the choir and rake in the dough. I just cannot be their dupe for the $19.99 admission charge.

So when did the church kill atheists?

I think what is happening here is you are showing us how propaganda gets generated and doing it in real time. I dont blame you alone for this though because this may be what you were taught. This is indoctrination though, didnt you think to ask any questions in this alleged time in college?

A reasonable person would ask for proof, which you cannot seem to provide. Makes me wonder about what else are lies.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

The church killed people who thought differently than what they were promoting. FACT! Some of them were atheists. FACT!

Where is the lie?

Are you having a problem believing that atheists existed, or that the church killed people who disagreed with them?
edit on 26-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

The church killed people who thought differently than what they were promoting. FACT! Some of them were atheists. FACT!

Where is the lie?

If some were atheists which ones were they? Do you have a name? Because honestly i dont know when this occured.

You have to remember, there was a time when literally no one was an atheist.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Yeah? When was that?

Psalms 53:1
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

Job 34:30
.......to keep a godless man from ruling.....

Job 20:5
.........the joy of the godless lasts but a moment

There have always been atheist, they were just silenced by the church. Not anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

Yeah? When was that?

Job 34:30
.......to keep a godless man from ruling.....

Job 20:5
.........the joy of the godless lasts but a moment

There have always been atheist, they were just silenced by the church. Not anymore.

So you think religious people are fools and have expressed that numerous times. Just look at your thread title. This is common when referring to others who do not hold the same beliefs, to an extent. Far cry from killing them, which personally i think may be a fantasy. I already said i am not aware of this occurring due to nothing corroborating this.

Just saying something does not make it fact.

If we are going down this roads then we have many to hoe:

Link

edit on 26-7-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

So you think religious people are fools and have expressed that numerous times. Just look at your thread title.

What thread title are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
For a minute there i thought this was your thread and just pointing out that referring to someone as a fool is not telling people to harm another because that seems to be your source...and it is a sad one.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

When I call anyone a fool?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

When I call anyone a fool?

Just bringing out a point that you have said similar, even in this thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Besides your challenge to me to proof my assertion that the church has stopped killing atheists, what have I said that appears as if I'm calling anyone foolish, or any other ad hominem attack?

I asked you if you were born yesterday, because I couldn't believe that you were unaware of the atrocities that the church has been charged with committing. When I provided a link and citations you said, Oh that old stuff. So you did know.

Then you said you didn't believe it, then clarified, that no atheists were killed, because they didn't exist.

I provided you with proof in that the Bible takes on atheists, so they did exist back then.

Then you attacked me for attacking, which I don't think I did. Disagreeing isn't attacking. Explaining my point of view isn't an attack. Please stop scolding me for things that I haven't done. If you have an issue with anything I've posted, please be specific

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Why don't these religious nutjobs see the extreme conflict in the idea of how we should fear an all-loving god? What part of 'all-loving' don't they get?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
If you got off your hate soapbox and considered how the world has digressed since the new atheism developed and its doctrine of no values you may see the point being made.

People are not taught respect anymore and survival is the priority. Its just the way the world has become now. Are you denying what is in front of your face. Jesus taught place other before ourselves. Thats religion, not what you are moaning about.

atheism is a belief in no god not a belief in no values. people have values regardless of religious beliefs.

being taught respect does not involve religion or need religion. it involves good parenting and schooling.

the reason for the breakdown in society is complicated, there are many factors before we even reach or conclude it is due to not believing in god. but of course believers will always blame none believers for every ill in the world or mishap.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

Besides your challenge to me to proof my assertion that the church has stopped killing atheists, what have I said that appears as if I'm calling anyone foolish, or any other ad hominem attack?

I asked you if you were born yesterday, because I couldn't believe that you were unaware of the atrocities that the church has been charged with committing. When I provided a link and citations you said, Oh that old stuff. So you did know.

Then you said you didn't believe it, then clarified, that no atheists were killed, because they didn't exist.

I provided you with proof in that the Bible takes on atheists, so they did exist back then.

Then you attacked me for attacking, which I don't think I did. Disagreeing isn't attacking. Explaining my point of view isn't an attack. Please stop scolding me for things that I haven't done. If you have an issue with anything I've posted, please be specific

I apologize and you are right, i mixed you and the op together a few posts in this thread due to the similar avatars.

Then you said you didn't believe it, then clarified, that no atheists were killed, because they didn't exist. I provided you with proof in that the Bible takes on atheists, so they did exist back then.

You are bringing in too many side issues and attributing them to what i may or may see as accurate.

Your statement is at issue here.

Those Biblical quotes do not mean atheists, they mean with God in a more physical realm, this is common in religious belief. They have spiritual connotation.

Do you think people during those times had a concept of atheism? We know they were not called atheists. The closest you can get is agnostic, this is not the same as atheism.

Also, there was no idea of evolution. If you go back to biblical times do you have references for atheism?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
2 Chronicles 15:12-13 - Athiest do not seek the God of Isreal, the father of Jesus, and must be killed

Deuteronomy 17:12 - An athiest most would likely reject a verdict, made by the representives of God, and must be put to death.

Zechariah 13:3 - Parents are to slay their children if they speak against the name of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 13:13-19 - If a city lives astray from God, kill them all and burn the city to the ground.

Leviticus 24:10-16 - Athiests blaspheme against and must be stoned to death.

Isaiah 14:21 - Athiesm is a sin against God and the children of Athiest must be killed.

Leviticus 26:21-22 Athiests refuse to obey God, and again their children must be killed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Jesus never said those things. Nor would he.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

You can't any clearer than that. There is no God, is the definition of atheism!

I can imagine a people, who have suffered tremendous loss, turning to say, "There must be no God" and keeping with that. I know that you can't imagine it, because you believe that God is a default, but I say it's a learned teaching.

Also, evolution is not the catalyst to atheism and doesn't prove one way or the other the existence of God.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I know Jesus never said those things. Here's why I believe that arguement is not valid. Scriptures from both the Old and New Testament are used as the absolute proof that God is real, and Jesus is his son. I'm not suggesting it invalidates the all the books of the Old and New Testament. However, saying one verse from from a book of the Bible is no longer true, should at least invalidate the rest of that book. There are a lot more examples in the Bible. Those books containing the examples should be disqualified as proof of Christianities validity.
edit on 26-7-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Here are the words of Jesus:

John 15:6 - If a man abides not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

(King James 2000 Bible)

One example

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by Malcher

Here are the words of Jesus:

John 15:6 - If a man abides not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

(King James 2000 Bible)

One example

What is wrong with that? That is what non-religious people believe too.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join