It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The possibility of there being a soul world, life between lives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I came across a book by Michael Newton called journey of souls. The author is a hypnotherapist and talks about a world beyond ours where all souls live. The souls apparently live in houses, go on vacation, play games, have personalities etc. You can read most of the points on his site: www.spiritualregression.org... He also tells about it in this interview www.youtube.com...

I was hoping to have some opinions from others on this. There are hardly any discussions about this or about Michael newton which I could find, yet thousands of people believe in his claims.
edit on 22-7-2012 by BcnDiamond because: .

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BcnDiamond

Could it be heaven in which he is talking about? The bible speaks of many mansions.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I guess the best name for this place would be Soul Society....... hehe

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well, I guess he figured no one can dispute him on it. No one can prove they know any more about it than he does. Seems like a safe way to make lots of money by being the top expert in your field.... well, OK, the only one in your field....
edit on 7/22/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I never discuss religion with anybody unless I first establish what they believe about the human spirit or afterlife. It actually provides a common ground from which to continue, irregardless of what their religion is. If they don't believe or claim agnostic, then it usually doesn't go much further.

But it's critical especially when discussions become about science vs. religion. People who hang on science frequently reject the notion of a soul or spirit. When you press them into factoring quantum physics, relativity and the philosophy of consciousness they usually will confront their disbelief. IF they are honest.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Why do they have to be houses...

It's as if the afterlife is a fine-tuned realm fit for human contrived creations and tendencies.

Just out of curiosity, I'll still check out the links, though.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

This subject was brought to my attention by someone else and I must say that was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Well, I guess he figured no one can dispute him on it. No one can prove they know any more about it than he does. Seems like a safe way to make lots of money by being the top expert in your field.... well, OK, the only one in your field....

He provides absolutely no evidence besides anecdotal reports and has an entire community of believers set up with thousands of certified therapists around the world. It blows my mind that people takes this serious and therefore hoped for counterarguments.

edit on 22-7-2012 by BcnDiamond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
you know you might want to read some books on the afterlife by Deepak Chopra
i think i spelled his first name right
basicly from what i read he says whatever you believe happens after you die
will end up happening and that souls have like their own plane of existence and stuff
its not that complicated to understand i just read it a long time ago
so my apologies for a lame post reply

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BcnDiamond

Originally posted by jheated5

This subject was brought to my attention by someone else and I must say that was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

He provides absolutely no evidence besides anecdotal reports and has an entire community of believers set up with thousands of certified therapists around the world. It blows my mind that people takes this serious and therefore hoped for counterarguments.

edit on 22-7-2012 by BcnDiamond because: (no reason given)

A lot of people depend upon others to tell them what they're supposed to believe; what actions to take; even--and probably especially--where they go from here, so they know what to expect. Some people need others to provide some certainty in their lives and security in their journey into the unknown (death).

To put it another way: This has the elements of both familiarity and security. No need to think critically about it--it just makes too much sense... to some people. No counterargument would be acceptable to a believer; and no counterargument is necessary to someone who thinks for themselves....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Wow, do some research before starting a thread and making claims that are not warranted. I read the book and your claims are nowhere close to anything thing he wrote in his book, "Journey of Souls." In his book, souls gather in hives, not houses. His book's main point are that souls reincarnate many times through an educational process, hopefully learning and growing throughout the ages. There is much more and should give anyone with an open mind something to ponder and consider. Its a good book and well worth the time, imo.

Best,
rgs

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudieallover
will end up happening and that souls have like their own plane of existence and stuff

I had considered this long before I ever heard of Deepak Chopra (from whom I've listened to about 3 sentences over the past 30 years). He may be right, and you have a very strong point. And, of course, there's no reason to make it all too complicated--we could all be right, in the end.

But again: No one has any more real knowledge about it than anyone else. Not even Deepak Chopra....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well said.

Originally posted by rgseymour

Wow, do some research before starting a thread and making claims that are not warranted. I read the book and your claims are nowhere close to anything thing he wrote in his book, "Journey of Souls." In his book, souls gather in hives, not houses. His book's main point are that souls reincarnate many times through an educational process, hopefully learning and growing throughout the ages. There is much more and should give anyone with an open mind something to ponder and consider. Its a good book and well worth the time, imo.

Best,
rgs

Excuse me for the house instead of hives part (like beehives?) I was hoping for opinions from people who were familiar with the book. I understand that the souls reincarnate to learn, and their lives are reviewed by a counsil of wise souls. Could you give any reason why you believe it's a good book, besides the premise of their being life after death.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudieallover

I'm pretty sure Deepak Chopra won't offer me any more ''real'' evidence than this book by Michael Newton about any sort of afterlife. I saw him debate Sam Harris the other day and quite frankly it was embarrassing.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I personally believe in a soul that exists after death. I have not fully established a belief as to the nature of the realm of its existence. I tend to think that we may initially be personally restrained by our understanding of it, as such are limited to seeing and having things exist that we are accustom to such as a body, homes, clothes etc. I think once we would have an understanding of ourselves and the nature of that existence, we play around with it a bit before moving into a slightly higher level of existence.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Apparently, we have lived many many lives - the whole point being that we learn and evolve spiritually - a whole lifetime is the equivalent of 9 months of spiritual advancement and learning so just imagine how many life times we need in order to become enlightened spirits.

We haven't only lived many lives but we have been many people, both male and female, black, white, yellow, brown, rich, poor, good, evil and we've lived in many countries and through many ages and conditions.

The Book - 'Many Lives Many Masters' by Brian L. Weiss - (an extremely educated person) tell the most fascinating account of his discoveries in this field and it makes a whole lot of sense!

His discoveries coincide with my own beliefs, beliefs I've held for a very long time but it's so good to hear his account which draws it all together so very well.

Enjoy -
edit on 22-7-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

My apology, you have a better understanding of the book than the op suggested.

I connected with it, my spiritual journey, research, and understanding was established before I read the book....it felt natural when I read it. Best explanation I can give at the moment.

Anything outside the book, I not sure about; as stated above about a team of therapist around the world.

I did enjoy the book and felt right at home while I read it.

Best,
rgs

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Soul Society....... hehe

sweet ill go get my Ichigo sword.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I was at one time a Skeptic of Epic Proportions as far as this topic is concerned and as far as anything gained through Hypnosis of any kind...I still am as I believe this is not a very viable or accurate form of informational data being collected as the Human Mind is very complex is such a suggestive state.

What I can tell you is that at one time I did not believe in an AFTER LIFE...my opinion on this has changed because of several events that I have both witnessed and one event I went through that was VERY UNPLEASANT.

I saw what can only be described as a GHOST. I never in my life thought I would be typing what I am now but I cannot discount what I saw with my own eyes...heard and experienced. It...the entity also made a complex object move.

I also am experiencing this again as the first time was when I was very young and even though I have a extremely good long term memory...after a good length of time passes...one begins to question whether what they experienced was real. But after remodeling a Grand Old Home and tearing down a Cold Room wall to make a Larger Bathroom...My Girl and I began to experience a Haunting. Back in the late 1800's...people would have WAKES in their own Homes and the Bodies were usually stored in COLD ROOMS which were used for storing Potato's, Cabbages, etc...and also their Dead as Funeral Homes did not exist and neither did embalming fluids...at least for the general public. After we tore down this wall that separated the COLD ROOM from the other room...events and sighting began to occur. We know now that we are living with at least one GHOST and after laying down some GROUND RULES...we have found that we have no issues and a Ghost or Spirit is just what is left of a person and just like a person...can be bad or good or in our case...Good Natured and Playful.

It is the LIVING that a person must be concerned with and anyone who acknowledges the existence of a Spirit as well as puts up a Strong Mental Will...has nothing to FEAR! A GHOST can access a persons Unconscious Mind if you are unaware and if that Spirit was a SOB in LIFE then they are still an SOB...but a LIVING HUMAN MIND that is aware and stays away from thoughts of FEAR or NEGATIVITY as this allows access by Spirits in the SOB category...will have no issue as a Living Humans Mental Capabilities FAR EXCEED those of the Spiritual Realm. It is only when ACCESS is allowed that a Malicious Spirit Gains Power. FEAR is by far an emotion that such a Spirit can use to it's advantage and LACK OF FEAR OR NEGATIVE EMOTIONS can be used as the equivalent of a NUCLEAR DETERRENT against such GHOSTS with MALICIOUS INTENT.

We have been living with this GHOST for some time now and my CAT ALWAYS KNOWS when it is around. It...and I believe it to be a HE...is Friendly and seems to have a sense of HUMOR. He knows not to fool around when company is over and we talk to Him on occasion but IT IS OUR HOME NOW! If HE want's to stay...we have no issue as long as the Ground Rules are Followed. If HE were to consistently break the rules...My Girl and I are both ALPHA MALE AND FEMALE and would have no problem getting rid of him for good. But I think that this would be UNKIND as a GHOST or SPIRIT was a person just like you or me that for some reason is in a state of LIMBO...and I cannot think of many things worse than the loneliness that such a state over a LONG TIME could Psychologically Damage such a Spirit to the Point of MADNESS!

I believe at some point HE will find his way to the Next Stage...but for now and for reasons I cannot fathom...HE is trapped here...I will not add to such a terrible condition. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rgseymour

My apology, you have a better understanding of the book than the op suggested.

I connected with it, my spiritual journey, research, and understanding was established before I read the book....it felt natural when I read it. Best explanation I can give at the moment.

Anything outside the book, I not sure about; as stated above about a team of therapist around the world.

I did enjoy the book and felt right at home while I read it.

Best,
rgs

Fair enough, and interesting because I heard the same thing from someone else, where the content of the book felt natural.

top topics

join