It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine Corps Create 3 Law Enforcement Battalions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

For those that don't know.

Justice Judgement Dependability Initiative Decisiveness Tact Integrity Enthusiam Bearing Unselfishness Courage Knowledge Loyalty Endurance

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned, with the types of high grade equipment the local law enforcement has, they might as well be the marines.

Thermal imaging to see inside everyone's houses secretly without a warrant.
Ability to use helicopters for insertion, and also has APCs.
Sniper and assault rifles, smgs, full body armor, etc.

The only things I don't see them having much of are anti-armored vehicle weapons, like landmines and anti-tank rockets. I don't know if they have any frag grenades but I do know they have tear gas, smoke, flash, etc. Possibly even a few incendiary. Some plastique for entryway blasting maybe.

Point is, you can call em whatever you want.
Reality is they are heavily militarized and armed to the teeth.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
They're still people with family, friends and neighbors. Authority is just not right for some though.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Give the blue pill! I changed my mind!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

The Marine Corps has had police battalions off and on since World War II

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

This is not for domestic use, it's for deployment around the world. Typical military units do not do so well as a police force, these units have specialized training.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Woah....Now that is some intense combat right there,man...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Force Recon has been around since 57', the development of MARSOC wasn't the Corps first SF units, it was just the Corps slice of the pie under SOCOM/JSOC.

If these Battalions are placed under NORTHCOM you can bet your buttons they're for Civil Unrest.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sounds like the Marines are finally going to use their MPs in the way teh Army does.

Army MPs function in 2 basic rolls. .Divisoinal MP companies and Seperate MP Brigades/Battalions.

Dvisional MP companies are assinged to and are part of the division structure. In non deployment they run essentially as the law enforcemnt and home base security force. When deployed they do law enforcement, but they primarily are used as rear area security, traffic control during combat movement, check point and force security, and handling of EPWs (enemy prisoners of war) with in the division area.

Seperate MP Brigades provide MP Battalion's and Companies for use outside of, and/ or in addition to Divisional MPs. They often provide rear area security at the Corp, theater or Army level. They are used in Humanitarian and Disaster Relief mission, Riot Control, Occupation Duty, Convoy Security, and other missions where their training is much more suited then infantry units are. They can also function as a reserve light infantry force.

Marine MPs have, based on what I know, been more of the first capability. Sounds like they simply are moving to the second mission.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join