It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My band - Word of Mouth - new music video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey guys, i've posted up here before a little bit about my band, Word of Mouth.
We're an 8 piece musical/art collaboration based out of Savannah, GA.
We were actually just named, "Savannah's Hottest Band."

A band with eight personalities could be a recipe for conflict, but Word of Mouth focuses on harmony — within the band, with their audience, and even with the universe.
“It’s about bringing people together through different styles of music and remembering our interconnectedness to the universe,” says vocalist/guitarist Melissa “MothaBug” Hagerty.
Fellow singer Lucia Aurora Garcia, also known for her side project Electric Grandma, adds:
“We integrate our energies regularly through meditation and manifestation.”
Call it divine intervention or luck or coincidence, but Word of Mouth, WoM for short, discovered after embracing their name — suggested casually by a friend when they were already playing gigs to unexpectedly large crowds — that “‘WoM’ is written everywhere,” percussionist Taylor Locke explains.
“It shows up in both ancient and modern symbols, in natural patterns and sacred geometry. It’s even written in the stars.”
WoM hopes their shows are much more than just a good time for their audiences.
“Word of Mouth is on a mission — a coalition bringing ancient wisdom, bridging the division,” rapper and wordsmith Max “Miggs” Lipson shares.
Adds Locke: “The two-year process of writing this album has been one of the most inspirational experiences of our lives. Our goal is to share that inspiration and to remind people that they are capable of doing anything.”

You can check out our website at Word of Mouth Speaks

We just released our newest music video today, which is a remix of an older track that we did with other local musicians. It's a hip hip track with rock influenced music, but every song we have written is a completely different genre than any other track.

With that said, here's our newest track, 'WoM Remix.' (P.S. If you would prefer to see a political/social commentary rock anthem, instead of a hip hop track, skip down to the second video to our song, 'Raise Your Voices.')

Word of Mouth - WoM Remix

Word of Mouth - Raise Your Voices

edit on 22-7-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
One more cross section of the musical genre's we encompass.

Word of Mouth - Beyond the Sun

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
not badd..

Not a big rap fan but your music and vocals are pretty good..

keep up the good work..

And I did watch all 3 vids...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

We'll be adding more and more material over the next few weeks.
We're releasing our entire album for free.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Niceeeee, great chemistry too. That WOM Remix song is pretty dope. I'm an avid Hip Hop listener so now I have another group to listen to

I subscribed to your YouTube channel also.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Nice tracks...

Would it be possible to play those two tracks on the After Midnight show we do each Friday?

Ask your crew and let us know

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Nice tracks...

Would it be possible to play those two tracks on the After Midnight show we do each Friday?

Ask your crew and let us know

Hey, I just asked everyone (which is pretty easy to do, considering 6 out of 8 of us live together.)
But, yeah! Of course it's okay if you would like to play our songs.

If you could, please just shoot me a PM whenever you know when they'll be played so we can help promote it too.

Let me know too if you would like any more information or interview of some sorts.
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thanks for joining us for the show..

It was a blast!

Check your PM and we gave you a plug..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join