It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well looky here, guess Bush was a "timber owner"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Well, would you ever consider an 84 dollar payment, even in a 'middle class' stature, partial ownership of anything? Me neither. Point made.

If it was from stock, then yes, it is partial ownership, by sheer definition... Kerry illustrated his desired point well with the jab....

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

quote: Well, would you ever consider an 84 dollar payment, even in a 'middle class' stature, partial ownership of anything? Me neither. Point made.

If it was from stock, then yes, it is partial ownership, by sheer definition... Kerry illustrated his desired point well with the jab....

I think that's quite a stretch. I think Kerry's point was silly. I have stocks that were gifts or were purchased at the advice of my financial advisor that could have a timber company somewhere that I don't know about but I wouldn't consider myself an owner of a timber company! Even some of my basic stocks, like GE, they do so many different things I wouldn't know all that they do without looking it up. I have a lot of utilities and energy stocks and I'm clueless as to ALL that they do beyond the basics.

And I agree with Bush that Kerry's plan will raise taxes on more people than he realizes. My husband makes under 200K a year, yet because I have a limited family partnership and get an annual K-1, our taxes will go up. I don't think research on Kerry's plan includes those in family partnerships, but I could be wrong. I do know that my lawyers and financial advisor have warned me that if Kerry gets in my taxes WILL go up.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
��������... I do know that my lawyers and financial advisor have warned me that if Kerry gets in my taxes WILL go up.

Jemison, how much did you pay for that advice�.next time consider me for the job, what ever they�ll charge I�ll do it for half. looks like those guys would give old HC a run for his money, with regard to a 'stunning grasp of the obvious.'

[edit on 13-10-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So the Saudis are timber owners too because they own Bush.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join