It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey sends missile batteries to Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

TURKEY has sent batteries of ground-to-air missiles to the border with Syria, boosting its firepower as rebels in Syria seized several border posts.

As fighting raged in Damascus and Aleppo on Sunday, rebels took control of three crossing points on the border with Turkey, which is sheltering thousands of Syrians who have fled the conflict at home.

A train convoy carrying several batteries of missiles arrived in Mardin in southeastern Turkey and will be transferred to several army units deployed on the border, according to the Anatolia news agency.

Television footage showed at least five vehicles in the convoy were carrying air defence missiles, in the latest show of force by Syria's one-time ally, which is now a fervent critic of President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned last month after the downing of a military jet initially blamed on Damascus that it now regarded Syria as a "clear and imminent threat".

It looks like TPTB might be starting to make their move on Syria while everyone is preoccupied with the shooting in Colorado. This combined with a thread that I started earlier titled US refines game plan to overthrow Assad should be enough to get the ball rolling. Also we need to take into account how worked up Israel is becoming because of Syria's chemical weapons. I understand why they would be cautious, because if the weapons fall into the wrong hands, it could mean very hard times for Israel.
edit on 7/22/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: change

edit on 7/22/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Seeing what is going on in Syria right now I really don't think they give a crap about Israel.

Why is it when something happens in the ME it always what may happen to Israel?

Why don't people stop to think that if Israel didn't keep attacking all their neighbors then they wouldn't have anything to worry about.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I don't care about Israel, I just care about the implications of what would happen if some nation attacked Israel. Our military service members would get caught in the middle of another senseless war.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

I don't care about Israel, I just care about the implications of what would happen if some nation attacked Israel. Our military service members would get caught in the middle of another senseless war.

Reread my post. I never said anything about you caring about Israel just everytime something happens in the ME it always winds up what could happen to Israel.

Also we need to bring our people home and stop getting them killed in countries that never attacked us.
edit on 22-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Sorry, I wasn't accusing you of saying that, I just wanted to add how I felt, because I reread my OP and thought I sounded like I was pro Israeli. I just wanted to make it clear. Now that I said I'm not pro Israeli, I also want to say that I am not anti Israeli either. I just don't care either way I guess.
edit on 7/22/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: stuff and things

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

TURKEY has sent batteries of ground-to-air missiles to the border with Syria, boosting its firepower as rebels in Syria seized several border posts.

As fighting raged in Damascus and Aleppo on Sunday, rebels took control of three crossing points on the border with Turkey, which is sheltering thousands of Syrians who have fled the conflict at home.

A train convoy carrying several batteries of missiles arrived in Mardin in southeastern Turkey and will be transferred to several army units deployed on the border, according to the Anatolia news agency.

Television footage showed at least five vehicles in the convoy were carrying air defence missiles, in the latest show of force by Syria's one-time ally, which is now a fervent critic of President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned last month after the downing of a military jet initially blamed on Damascus that it now regarded Syria as a "clear and imminent threat".

It looks like TPTB might be starting to make their move on Syria while everyone is preoccupied with the shooting in Colorado. This combined with a thread that I started earlier titled US refines game plan to overthrow Assad should be enough to get the ball rolling. Also we need to take into account how worked up Israel is becoming because of Syria's chemical weapons. I understand why they would be cautious, because if the weapons fall into the wrong hands, it could mean very hard times for Israel.
edit on 7/22/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: change

edit on 7/22/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: (no reason given)

Turkey can move all the hardware they want. Unfortunetly they must play by the rules also. As we seen last week, Russia and China have the same stance and because they also have assets/military base in Syria, any country who was to attack would put themselves at risk of all out war with the two sleeping giants. I think Turkey understand this also.

I do believe this is a move to protect their country from any potential threat from across the border and if that is the case, then fair enough. But at the same time, It is hard to believe though seeing Israel and the west are pushing for intervention and will most likely find some stupid excuse to get their way also.
edit on 22-7-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Many saints of the Orthodox Church had said, "When the war will start in Syria, start praying". As you can read in prophecies Turkey has only 2-3 years of life. For example search for "Iosif o Batopaidinos" or "Geron Paisios". Turkey will attack to Greece in 2013 or the early 2014. Then Russia will engage and the attack to Turkey will be among belief. However, Nato(except Greece cause the war with Turkey will still be going) with the help of Israel is going to attack to Russia. Germany, GB and France will attack Russia from the west while US will attack with Japan from the East. Then the worst war ever will occur once again in the fields of Europe and as prophecies say the dead men will reach the devastating for mankind number of 7 hundred millions!!! For China all that is known from other sources, not prophecies, is that it will establish its power from the point it is today till the Middle East!

So after this small introduction i have to say that Russia is ready to attack whoever start a war with Syria. The same thing is happening with Iran and this is the reason why US aren't supporting Israel 's attacking plans.

When Putin got his position of President of Russia again, he made a statement saying " Russia is getting into an age of vast military reborn". Hearing that i am pretty sure this is going to happen.

In conclusion, Syria 's war will affect all of us in the next 3 months so please keep in touch!!!

PS What is stated in this post is the result of a 12 years search and therefore they are truth!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusChristwins

That's very interesting. Do you have any sources? I'm assuming you can point out specific quotes from the bible, but it would be interesting to see them, and how they match up with what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Didn't Russia say don't go around the UN in regard to Syria? Didn't everyone on the council agree to a extended 30 days for UN observation?

This is kind of a ballsey move isn't it? It's almost like they want Russia to react in kind. Its a game called who's the best goader. The next month should be an interesting one.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's an internal move to their border with Syria. If things get out of hand, and Syria tries to cross over into Turkey with aircraft they can protect their border. They're surface to air missiles, so I assume Patriots, which means there's also a surface to surface missile protection built into this move. Turkey can do whatever they want within their own borders.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It looks like Turkey is just reinforcing its borders and protecting against attack but when you couple that in with the warnings from NATO/US and the influence they wield in Turkey it becomes a whole lot more menacing.

This seems to be a whole lot of posturing and muscle flexing but under the guise of self defence.

Russia sends 12-15 warships to Syria, China has sent 3 destroyers through the Suez Canal and are supposedly heading towards Syria.. America moves 2 more carriers into the region and turkey decides to beef up its border troops while Israel shouts rhetoric and abuse at Iran, who are supposedly training and protecting Assad's compound (There is apparently 15,000 Iranian soldiers in Syria, or so claims Israel).

So on one side we have Russia, China, Iran and Syria (who are major regional players and are the world's 2nd, 3rd, 12th and 30th most powerful countries world wide respectively) squaring off against the US, Israel, Turkey and Saudi Arabia (The Saudi king has placed border troops on stand by and bought some 200 Leopard II tanks from Germany).

This muscle flexing seems to be getting a little dangerous, especially considering US troops are hunkered down in Afghanistan and Iraq which border Iran and Pakistan (two close allies and anti-Western populations).

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan
Russia sends 12-15 warships to Syria, China has sent 3 destroyers through the Suez Canal and are supposedly heading towards Syria.. America moves 2 more carriers into the region and turkey decides to beef up its border troops while Israel shouts rhetoric and abuse at Iran, who are supposedly training and protecting Assad's compound (There is apparently 15,000 Iranian soldiers in Syria, or so claims Israel).

The "Russian warships" consist of transports, tugs, and a destroyer on routine maneuvers, and there were only 6 of them. But even if there are more (I haven't had time to really keep up lately) Russia has said repeatedly that they are not going to intervene in Syria, they are going to protect their people that are there, and perform routine transits, and training in the area. There is a group that has said they will stop in Tartus for a routine port call to take on fuel and food, but that's all. They're heading to the Med until the end of September.

I haven't followed the Chinese movements, but three destroyers is hardly a game changer. A destroyer is not a power projector. They can cause some damage, but they aren't a major game changer. But I can't find a single source for any Chinese ships going through the Suez.

As for the American carriers, they are not "2 more" carriers, they're 2 routine swap outs. It's time for Lincoln to come home so she can be ready for refit/refueling in February, and Enterprise is scheduled to come home in September, so she can decommission in December. Eisenhower is in the area already and Lincoln, if she hasn't already left will be leaving within days (she should have already left though), and Stennis won't be heading to the area until next month, at which point she'll do hand off with Enterprise, and Enterprise will come home.
edit on 7/23/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Russia have also said they aren't going to allow on any foreign intervention in Syria and that this is a domestic problem which should be settled by the Syrians and that group doesn't take into account the 3 destroyers that Turkey blamed for shooting down their jet (the opposition blamed Russian admirals).

My mistake, it was Iranian ships that entered :-/.. I mixed it up with the news that China-Russia-Iran are a supposedly hosting training drills.

My bad, I didn't realize. Still, two carriers equates to some serious fire power and Israel has been sold some nuclear powered subs by Germany and that a French destroyer is in the region to back up the Yank forces.

You have to admit that the West/Russia are trying to intimidate each other with shows of strength.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan

Russia have also said they aren't going to allow on any foreign intervention in Syria and that this is a domestic problem which should be settled by the Syrians and that group doesn't take into account the 3 destroyers that Turkey blamed for shooting down their jet (the opposition blamed Russian admirals).

My mistake, it was Iranian ships that entered :-/.. I mixed it up with the news that China-Russia-Iran are a supposedly hosting training drills.

You do seem very mixed up! Keep away from the Debka and other conspiracy websites that generated the stories of this Russian, Chinese, Iranian and Syrian massive exercise.

Even the Russian and Chinese Government spokespeople are embarrassed at the non-sense that has been generated and have had to make press releases to counter the fantasy stories.

Turkey didn't blame '3 Russian Destroyers' for the jet. Think about it? It was the Turkish opposition Minister that made the claim of that the Russian warship Admiral Chabanenko was responsible for the shoot down. The Russian Navy Northern Fleet spokesman had to release a statement poking fun at the incredible range of the warships surface to air missiles as the Admiral Chabanenko was nowhere Syria and actually still part of the Northern Fleet. At the time of the Turkish RF-4 shoot down there were no Russian warships in Syria or Syrian waters. How do you think these warships get there without anybody noticing? The Admiral Chabanenko that the Turkish opposition Minister claimed shot down the RF-4 is part of the Northern and Baltic Fleets that left Russia on the 10th July and has been exercising in the Atlantic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The following Russian Navy vessels passed through the Bosphorus from the Black Sea.

11 July

Destroyer Smetlivy = Call sign RFH70

10th July

Caesar Kunikov (Amphibious Landing Ship) = Call sign RGZ58
Nikolay Filchenkov (Amphibious Landing Ship)
Shakhtar Tug
SB-5 Okhtenskiy Class Tug

If you want the full break down of the Russian Task Force then see following.

rusnavy.com...

Before the elements of this Task Force set sail there were no Russian combatant vessels in Syria or Syrian waters. The Frigate Smetlivy had deployed and returned to the Black Sea and the landing ship Kunikov had visited Italy and returned to the Black Sea. The only Russian Navy vessels in Syria before this recent deployment were Auxiliary vessels such as Tankers and the Floating workshop.

rusnavy.com...

rusnavy.com...

As I've previously highlighted even the Russian Navy are perplexed and puzzled at the claims from the conspiracy crowd of where their vessels are deployed. Some people have really lost the plot of this Russian Navy deployment and you can see that on the various ATS thread links. The Russian Navy elements are still openly transmitting Morse Code weather that contains their positional information. Another sign that this is a routine peacetime deployment and exercise. Russian Navy Baltic Fleet Tanker Lena as part of the Task Force has transited the English Channel as is currently heading down the coast of Spain and Portugal. Morse Code weather is transmitted every six hours. The last position of Tanker Lena from the Morse Code weather transmission was as of 12 GMT. This vessel and possibly the other Northern Fleet Auxiliary (Call sign RAL48) will likely continue to transmit as they transit into the Mediterranean through the Strait of Gibraltar?

Russian Navy Tanker, Lena.

8345 Kilohertz, 23 July, 12 GMT

RMP DE RKO81 23121 99419 70100 22253

41.9N 10.0W Heading South West at 11-15 Knots

goo.gl...

I sometimes update the Russian Navy Morse Code weather and positional transmissions from this deployment on the following threads.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

My sources come from " Kosmas o Aitolos" or "Kosmas the Aitolian" (i don't know how you can find it in English). Also other sources "Geron Paisios" or maybe "Paisios", "Iosif o Batopaidinos" or maybe "Iosif the Batopaidian". I am 100% sure that these sources can be found either in Russian or Greek.

The Bible doesn't state anything of that. However pay attention that the Bible mentions that the WW3, also known as the antichrist 's War, will last for 42 months which is 3 and a half years. One of the characters that will be responsible for this war will be the Catholic church, as the Bible says in John 's Apocalypse, and you can find it mentioned as "the monster from the city with the seven hills" or something close to that. Also, you can find in Bible about the war in Lybia as it mentions "the monster that will rise from the sand near the sea, the monster with the 10 heads and the 7 tails", which of course is NATO.

I am sorry if you are a Catholic i am not opposed to you, but Saints that are written above had spoken a little hard about the Catholic church.

And finally, it is out of topic but anyway, beware of the big sun 's light that will occur after the end of the WW3 and will cause devastating disasters on Earth and of course whoever that will survive that war. For any answer about this read the John 's Apocalypse 3 times at least.

Believe in God that 's what will save us from the antichrist that next year will be officially among the rulers of the world!

top topics

join