It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
was doing a little research on stan hall and the tayos cave system.
found the below page, and if you look at the next last to image, it appears to be the same as the one with the cats in the op,
i found that to be kinda strange, could somebody be using old photos.

Father Crespi

eta: if you look at the second image on the second row, theres one of them elephants again.
edit on 22-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

That was my thought also.
That Giant guitar is a bit much!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Unsubstantiated supposed historical Metal plates in a language no-one can translate in South America with depictions of elephants...

Smells like another Mormons hoax!

link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

who wouldnt be fascinated by the whole idea of a secret metal library ? it is, just the sort of thing that the controllers of ancient forgotten civilisations would stash away

having pressed out bars with patterns on , must be an old old idea, and we are still at it now

link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI
Just did some research. The article mentioned in the OP is bogus. The find was made by a certain Father Carlo Crespi in 1976.

Also Found this :
[imgwww.yurileveratto.com.../126/7.JPG[/img]¸

www.yurileveratto.com...

www.goldlibrary.com...

The article mentioned in OP made me think it was a hoax but i am starting to think there is something behind this.

You are absolutely correct!!

I remember that image with the cats, from some Erich van Däniken books from the SEVENTIES.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well the cave did recently begin to "sing".

In the last days we sound be given all the missing info we have so desired! So says numerous sources of old!

BM, 2 NEPHI 30:15-1816
Wherefore, the things of all nations shall be made known; yea, all things shall be made known unto the children of men.
www.ldslastdays.com...

Luke 12:2 There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
As much as I would like to think it's real it doesn't seem right with the oxidation and the cats and elephants are out of place. Darn these hoax finds!

Holy crap, NO ONE is reading the article and everyone is focusing on those reference images.

I give up, this place is incapable... lol

Actually they did not make that clear at all. They should then have said those pictures were from the "Father's" missing collection.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

what are they called then need some reading

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Excuse what may be my ignorance but is it possible this is the lost Alexandria library?

peace

No, couldnt be, Alexandria was on a completely different continent, although, it is believed that some of that library was smuggled out when it was destroyed, so it could have remnants of that library amongst it...never know, you know what they say, believe nothing, question everything.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Disclose TV Video

The explorers claim that they have concealed the location once again to make sure no one else locates the treasure until they get their samples tested.

Interesting quote...I guess they haven't seen the video...which was upload Nov. 17, 2008

Here's the description of the video for those that can't view the video...

Description:
It\'s not what you know, but who you know.

In 1973, Erich von Däniken, at the height of his fame following the success of Chariots of the Gods?, claimed that he had entered into a gigantic subterranean tunnel system in Ecuador, which he was told spanned the length of the continent—surely evidence that our ancestors were highly advanced, if not extraterrestrial? The structure was believed to house a library in which books were made out of metal—this in an area where today there is nothing but \"primitive\" Indian tribes with no written language. Evidence of a lost civilisation? It was a major claim, and it did not go unchallenged.

The story centred around Janos \"Juan\" Moricz, an aristocratic Argentinian-Hungarian entrepreneur who claimed that he had discovered a series of tunnels in Ecuador that contained a \"Metal Library\". In a signed affidavit dated 8 July 1969, he spoke about his meeting with the Ecuadorian president, where he received a concession that allowed him total control over this discovery—provided he could produce photographic evidence and an independent witness that corroborated the discovery of the underground network. Newspapers reported on the expedition that Moricz had organised.
In 1972, Moricz met with von Däniken and took him to a secret side-entrance through which they could enter into a large hall within the labyrinth. Apparently von Däniken never got to see the library itself, just the tunnel system. Von Däniken included the event in his book The Gold of the Gods:
\"The passages all form perfect right angles. Sometimes they are narrow, sometimes wide. The walls are smooth and often seem to be polished. The ceilings are flat and at times look as if they were covered with a kind of glaze… My doubts about the existence of the underground tunnels vanished as if by magic and I felt tremendously happy.

Note: Neil Armstrong was inside the Tayos Cave in 1976

Could this be a case of a poor country trying to get money from tourists or to get research funding which helps the local economy???

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Here is the best i could do with the writings on the pyramid :

Some similarities in writing characters to this other mysterious artifact:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Vibration frequency picking up causing the cave to sing. Precious stone vibrating with energy and knowledge, if we only could figure out how to decipher it. If the contents of the cave and it's knowledge are not safeguarded immediately and used for the betterment of mankind then the law will exact by destroying or being camouflaged again.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by Mamatus

depending the age of this,
a north american country has images of the pyramids?
the writing on the bottom of the pyramid looks strange

interesting story,
but why not bring out more evidence?
an example of the writing

xploder

Since when has Ecuador been considered part of "North America"?

Furthermore, pyramids have been found on nearly every continent, be they small, large, stepped, or smooth.

Some say there are pyramids even on our moon, and of course...Mars!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Here is the best i could do with the writings on the pyramid :

Some similarities in writing characters to this other mysterious artifact:

Yes, you might be interested in these also

(same elephant, same sun)

edit on 23-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
The amount of people here commenting on the article without actually reading it is quite staggering, just goes to show that even among those that claim to "Deny Ignorance" ignorance is still the most predominant factor.

First again repeted for those who cannot be bothered to read through the article or the thread:

The are OLD images, and not claimed to be from the find

They radioed through saying they had found the cave, explored it, found the items, brought a few samples to be tested, resealed the cave so it could not be found and looted.

The team would not reveal the location of this incredible finding only saying that it is part of the Tayos Cave system. The explorers claim that they have concealed the location once again to make sure no one else locates the treasure until they get their samples tested. Once testing is complete, they agreed on the radio program to bring in a large professional team to fully excavate the site as long as they were part of it and were not robbed of their findings.

Emphasis is mine

This seems very logical to me, if I made such a discovery I would want to protect it. Get validation of what was found and then ensure I was part of the full excavation and rightly credited with the find. Everything they are doing seems logical and the way I would do it.

Of course it has only be broadcasted on a radio show, the artefacts have not been seen or examined so it could be fake, however I am happy to withhold my judgement until we have at least seen the artefacts.

Star and flag for posting OP, this is most interesting

Several people have already said this and I would just like to say. it does not mean people did NOT read the article.

The writers are at fault for including the photos. Even with perfect reading comprehension you could not KNOW from this article that the called in interview did not include them providing some photos to the article written here.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

Elephant= Memory/ Sun= Origin, light, power

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have been a part of many archaeological tours to Peru and other places in Latin America, accompanied by archaeologists.

In Peru, you drive down the road and you can see dozens and dozens of mounds on each side. These are all arcaheological sites, but there will never be enough time or money to explore them all. Once you open a new site, it costs time, effort and management to dig the site, secure it and examine it.

There are literally so many sites in Latin America, they will never all be explored in a million years.

I can see why this team is keeping this discovery quiet. Tomb raiders are the worst... they have stolen and sold so much of the antiquity in South America. We'll never be able to understand our ancestors in the way in which we would like, as the things that are stolen help put their culture into context at these sites..

edit on 23-7-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I am not sure about the presence of elephants in Ecuador or other regional locations at the time these items would have been produced.

However, there were certainly humans there and I would have a hard time believing the people of that time were not great travellers, telling of the extraordinary differences in cultures, races, and wildlife that inhabit the foreign lands.

Just several hundred years ago our planet was extremely different than it is now. Communication methods of today were non-existent then. This did not stop us from having knowledge of the different types of animals that inhabit the foreign lands.

Many people were, and still are, captivated by the varying species from different eco-systems. I am not suprised at all that very uncommon wild foreign animals would be depicted in the art and records of ancient times.

Tales of such creatures may have seemed extremely mystical and mysterious to the common folk and weaving them into legendary stories would probably not be uncommon - considering entertainment in those times would not have the benefit of all the high-tech devices we have today.

The knowledge of the strange creatures from other lands may have been aquired through an advanced civilization, like the mythical 'Atlantis', but I think it would be more likely that the information was simply delivered by early explorers.

I would not find it completely too far-fetched to believe attempts were made to be the best entertainment source. Maybe, because of limited resources, the items used for these displays of entertainment also doubled as an archive when the presentations were no longer entertaining.

Just a shot in the dark, but many instances can be found throughout history where individuals and/or groups have gone to great lengths in pursuing the paragon of entertainment.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Here, you might find this facinating:

SECRET SOCIETIES OF CENTRAL AMERICA:

www.shields-research.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by spoor

what, in the excerpt you posted, supports your claim that it is just a hoax?

it has been deigned a hoax because of two factors:

1. Absence of evidence
2. misunderstandings and mistatements by those involved

Moricz was clear about point 2...that he hadn't shown Daniken the actual cave for the sake of expediency. And with the first point....simple logic tells you that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I'm really annoyed with most who have responded to this thread. Most did not read the OP article (which is weak, I grant you). No one has read my posts about the extinct Cuvieronius (elephant) that lived in the Americas 12,000 years ago. They don't read the OP source and they don't read a short thread.

But they're very quick to dismiss something as a hoax.

yea i know what you mean, seems you do the same, read that is
your post on page 5 is the same info i posted on page 3.and Kantzveldt on page 1

and it looks as if you copied and pasted part of the article instead of using quotes.
at least i used my own words to give the location.

and i see others who posted what has already been posted.
i think it helps to read posts before you post.
edit on 23-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Yes well there ARE busy people who wish to contribute their thoughts yet do not have time to read pages and pages to determine if what they feel like contributing has already been said! they still should feel free to contribute!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This fits into the "Spirit Science" (YouTube it) discussion...

The three Rulers of Atlantis that went to 3 dif. Locations on earth?

Stuff like this.makez me wanna go UHHH HUUHHHH
(on phone, sry for bad grammar)

Reading the article... Sounds like this is either the authorships scandal
Or the expedition.

I wa.t it to be true...

But, comeon....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join